Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Retired Moderator
retired moderator
#26 Old 24th Mar 2007 at 10:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tsi
I don't think the skills are related to badge theory is true in some cases, my all-skill sim Maria (teen) and her two low-skill sisters Gabriella and Rem (also teens) all went fishing. They didn't gain skills faster than eachother. Well except for Gabriella who decided to do something instead of fish and I didn't notice until the other two popped out a silver badge.

I'm told badges are also connected to personality, so that might be it.

~ * ~ Volition ~ * ~
Advertisement
#27 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 11:49 PM
I was just wondering if anyone could tell me what the cheat was to make fish appear in the fish tank and in ponds if they dont?
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 29th Mar 2007 at 11:59 PM
boolprop useshaders true/false
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 7:46 PM
How do you gain fish skill badges my sims has been fishing for ages but still no bronze badge....
Test Subject
#30 Old 1st Apr 2007 at 8:42 PM
Default Cooking Fish
My Sim can fish just fine, but I can't make him cook his fish. I thought the problem was using a custom fridge or oven or grill, but even after I replaced it with a Maxis fridge, oven and grill, he still won't cook them. I select the option and it just immediately disappears and he just stands there. I tried turning off all hacks and he still won't cook the fish. Am I just doing something wrong?
Lab Assistant
#31 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 9:25 PM
Apparently some sims actually fear catching boots (Knowledge sims, having only one true aspiration-linked fear, may be more prone to this). I once had Cyd Roseland out fishing on a community lot (didn't catch anything) and upon arriving at another community lot (to buy clothes) he had a fear of catching a boot. So if you think/know your sim is prone to these random little fears you may want to try to get them their bronze badge in one sitting/W-F panel roll.
#32 Old 18th Apr 2007 at 4:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bahamut
I can't go fishing period. I've tried to but, no option for "Fish Using" appears.
My home pond has bunches and, bunches of fish in it. It's of a fairly good size too.
And, I know it can't be any of the hacks ethier.

Try taking out some of the water plants, I have found in my game that if there are too many you cannot fish. Also make sure there is a level place for your sim to stand or the simmy cannot fish either.
Test Subject
#33 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 6:53 AM
Do anyone know why fishes don't show up in ponds?
Instructor
#34 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 3:56 PM
That's a graphics problem. I think that "boolprop useshaders true" fixes that, but I'm not sure. I never had that problem... :hmm:
#35 Old 19th Apr 2007 at 8:31 PM
Or the pond could be too small. I get fish in my really big ponds but none in the small ones in most of my sims back gardens that they can still fish in
#36 Old 16th May 2007 at 3:55 PM
I'm new to the whole fishing thing, so excuse my n00b question but...why is my bass sparkling? LOL She cooked it up and served it, and I noticed it was all glittery. It wasn't like that when her husband caught it. :confused:
#37 Old 17th May 2007 at 2:36 PM
That's freshness points. It fills up hunger quicker and means the meal has been made using fresh ingredients - i.e. anything grown or fished by the sims counts as fresh whereas shop-bought doesn't.
#38 Old 20th Jul 2007 at 11:28 AM
Fishing is actually a group activity; I clicked on a visitor and asked him to join. They was fishing and talking together. After one fishing session their friendship was up to 100 from almost nothing so it looks as it works real well. The good thing is what you are catching fish for use or sale and building relations at the same time so even if it’s less effective than the hot tube it might be a good idea because you would use time fishing anyway. Then I asked three sims to join it was a lesser increase in friendship just like in a full hot tube.
Alchemist
#39 Old 25th Jul 2007 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by proxian_girl
... I learned something today!

that makes two of us
#40 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 1:46 AM
The pond must be at least darkblue level. The best way to have a fishable pond is use the med-size water tool, click on the same spot 7x, and don't use aquatic plants/decor.
I had the same problem at first, but now one of my sim is a full-fledged golden trout catcher.

BTW Atropa, I'm impressed you knew the talent badge connections and even noticed the skill buildup speed. I've never noticed it...

Quote: Originally posted by olsen1a
hot tube
Huh? What's a Hot Tube?
Scholar
#41 Old 2nd Sep 2007 at 11:27 AM
Heya, I have a problem with fishing.

I went into the lone farmer guy on Riverblossom Hills and used the shaders cheat to get the fish to be visible (can anyone help me with making an alias using notepad to make that cheat always on?) and the fish were visible in his pond. I then moved onto another house later, and there were no fish in his pond - but fish in his fish tank. :S And shaders were still turned on. He could only fish in one 'square' of the pond too. Can anyone tell me why?

I'm supporting the Optimist Camp for the Sims 4.

Test Subject
#42 Old 3rd Sep 2007 at 3:35 PM
Ok, I’ve got another question/observation about fishing: my servos can fish as much as they like, however none of the fish (or boots) they catch go into their inventory. Is there a reason for this?
I’m asking because I seem to remember that they could catch fish before, without problems. And I haven't downloaded a hack since then that could cause it.

I had a brainfart when I came up with my name... Just call me Ellen. ;)
#43 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 8:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Member789
Ok, I’ve got another question/observation about fishing: my servos can fish as much as they like, however none of the fish (or boots) they catch go into their inventory. Is there a reason for this?
I’m asking because I seem to remember that they could catch fish before, without problems. And I haven't downloaded a hack since then that could cause it.

Maybe it's because you have a buissness on that lot. The owner gets all items from fishing, crafting and (i think) gardening. Look in the owner's inventory(if you have a buissness)... If you don't, dunno... patch or something
Scholar
#44 Old 20th Dec 2007 at 2:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Figgi
Heya, I have a problem with fishing.

I went into the lone farmer guy on Riverblossom Hills and used the shaders cheat to get the fish to be visible (can anyone help me with making an alias using notepad to make that cheat always on?) and the fish were visible in his pond. I then moved onto another house later, and there were no fish in his pond - but fish in his fish tank. :S And shaders were still turned on. He could only fish in one 'square' of the pond too. Can anyone tell me why?

The only thing I can think of is that the pond may have been too shallow.
I know seeing fish is related to your graphics card also. As for the cheats always on, check the Wiki for the Userstartup cheat :D
#45 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 3:01 PM
Hi

I'm really confused as to why my sim can't cook his fish on the grill. The grill stays greyed out. I've also tried buying him a fridge so I can 'stock' it in there, but there is no stock option either. Help please! I'm trying to do the fisherman challenge at the moment and becasue of this issue it is impossible.
Field Researcher
#46 Old 21st Mar 2009 at 5:18 PM
i can't cook the fish!!
what furniture i need to cook??? thanks for answering my question
Test Subject
#47 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:37 PM
To be better at fishing, improve your sims' mechanical skills. I had a sim with a couple of mechanical skill points and he either caught boots or nothing at all. Sent him home to learn mechanical, and when he came back with 7 points, he caught fish almost as soon as his line hit the water. He could catch several fish during one outing.
Field Researcher
#48 Old 21st May 2009 at 2:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by snapzit
To be better at fishing, improve your sims' mechanical skills. I had a sim with a couple of mechanical skill points and he either caught boots or nothing at all. Sent him home to learn mechanical, and when he came back with 7 points, he caught fish almost as soon as his line hit the water. He could catch several fish during one outing.

great! thanks for the tips!very useful!
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 2:34 PM
If you hang a fish on a wall, you will have problems with the penguin. It will always be coming around trying to get at the fish. The no pets hack does not stop it like it does other animals. I hate the way animals can go through the doors of a house.

It takes forever to get that bronze fishing badge, but once a Sim does the other badges come faster. I usually have my college students or my elders do the fishing. Your Sims will be eating a lot of fish though.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 9:14 PM
Squinge has a mod that will get rid of the penguin.
Page 2 of 3