Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Mar 2009 at 7:25 PM
Default Punk Goes...
Punk Goes- is a compilation of various Screamo, Emo, Punk, Pop-punk, etc. artists that produce many 'cover' songs of a certain genre or remake their own songs (Punk Goes Acoustic 1 and 2).

Their latest cd Punk Goes Pop 2 (released March 10th '09) displays hit songs such as, "I Kissed a Girl," "Beautiful Girls," "What Goes Around" and more.

Their '05 cd, Punk Goes 80's remakes popular songs from the 80's.
"Holding Out for a Hero" cover by Emery (originaly sang by Bonnie Tyler)
"Pop Song 89" cover by Motion City Soundtrack (originaly by REM)
Plus many more classic hits.
-----------------------------
I'm wondering if any one here knows about these compilations.

If any one does:
What is your favorite cd?
Favorite Cover? Why?
----------------------------

Favorite CD? Punk Goes 80's
Favorite Cover? "Apologize" cover by Silverstein because, the first part of the song sounds natural and when they change to screamo they keep someone not screaming and it sounds good.

So long, my luckless romance
My back is turned on you
I should've known you'd bring me heartache
Almost lovers always do

Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 19th Apr 2009 at 4:48 PM
Ah I have a few of these tracks, downloaded from iTunes. Some are real good. I must say, my favourite track is 'Umberella' by All Time Low from the Punk Goes Crunk album. It's brill. Always found the original song catchy, yet annoying. I couldn't download it, it's not to my taste. But a cover by a band I listen to? Yeah, I can go for that =D