Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 6:53 PM
Ultimate Hobo Challenge
I found another challenge similar to this but decided to make it harder.
Before the challenge make a family with a man and his 2 kids. You can pick any traits and favorites you want. Move the family onto the biggest lot there is and buy some expensive items until they have no money left.
So you and your wife have been married for years and have had 2 kids together. Your wife comes from a pretty wealthy family and you've been living the life of luxury since you were married, but when she dies and her parents take ALL the money, the house, and the furniture your left with 2 kids and absolutely NOTHING else. You must provide for your children but have to follow these rules:
1. You can't go into any public areas (excluding parks and beaches) because you are a hobo and people don't like hobos
2. You cant have a job because nobody will hire a hobo
3. Nobody will talk to you because your a gross hobo
4. You must keep your 2 children alive and happy or else you lose the challenge
5. You cant go onto the lot you bought just pretend it doesn't exist.
6. You can't garden because you dont have any land to garden on but you can harvest the foods growing on community lots.
7. You can collect gems, fish, and anything else you like and sell it for money but cant send them to be cut, smelted, or mounted because you would need a mailbox for that.

Have fun and post pics of your hobo family in action!
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 2nd Jul 2010 at 7:46 PM
If you have WA, are you allowed to buy a tent?

I would like to clear up the little matter of my sanity as it has come into question. I am not in any way, shape, or form, sane. Insane? Hell yes!

People keep calling me 'evil.' I must be doing something right.

SilentPsycho - The Official MTS2 Psycho
Test Subject
#3 Old 9th Aug 2010 at 12:06 AM
I think tents should be allowed. I have met some homeless people who have tents.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2010 at 5:16 PM
Yes tents are allowed but only the smaller green one not the larger one. And you'll have to use a cheat to get the tents since you can't travel
Test Subject
#5 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:35 AM
A better way would be to turn your lot into a run down park with only a bench or 2 and an old table and a bunch of weeds and familyfunds the money to zero that way your not trying to fit 3 people onto benchs in parks and having to starve most of the time

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:41 AM
Also, you can't really forget about your home lot because the kids will automatically get sent there at night. It's been a while since I've actually played kids, but IIRC I don't think they can break curfew like teens can.
Test Subject
#7 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:51 AM
Yes unless you have awesome mod your children are ALWAYS caught by physco helicopter spotlight police and will always be sent home. I think you should have tested this a bit before posting because its a bit full of kinks

Theres no half-singing in the shower, your either a rock star or an opera diva.

Theres no half-trying in Sims, your either a Newbie or a experinced player

SiMs FoReVeR
<3 <3 <3
Field Researcher
#8 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by chloebee102
Yes unless you have awesome mod your children are ALWAYS caught by physco helicopter spotlight police and will always be sent home. I think you should have tested this a bit before posting because its a bit full of kinks

Actually, last I checked kids are fine on a community lot with a parent; it's only if they're alone that children automatically run home, teens are rounded up by the overactive psycho small-town cops. (I grew up in a small town in the midwest US, by the way? We totally had those psycho curfew cops. There wasn't an official curfew, but if you were under 25 and out after 10pm, well, you were probably that Gang Activity they've been hearing so much about.)

I agree, though, that a "park" home lot + familyfunds 0 is nice for homeless sims, it's just more convenient with the way they tend to run home if you look away from them.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 11:07 PM
i like the "park" home lot idea but children wont run home if they're with a parent
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 31st Aug 2010 at 10:07 PM
Does anybody have any pics of their hobos in action?
Test Subject
#11 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 3:28 AM
I haven't given it a try yet, but once I finish with the Reality Challenge I will give it a go.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 1st Sep 2010 at 5:04 PM
yay! thanks