Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2010 at 8:48 PM
Default The Divorce Challenge
Alright, here's the story.
You and your spouse have been married for a while now, and things just aren't the same as they were when you dated. You fight often, and neither of you feel happy in your marriage anymore.
You have kids together, and that's the only thing that is holding it together. But after a particularly bad fight one night, you and your spouse divorce. You have to go on with your regular life however.

Here's the challenge:
1. Go into CAS, and create a couple, they can be either young adults or adults, your choice. I suggest that you make both of them have at least one bad trait, one that clashes with the other person's. Also create 2-4 kids. I suggest three, as I have found that this number works that best. They can have whatever traits you want.
2. Build or buy a house. If you are going to build a house, I would suggest doing it in Edit Town, and also building the house your spouse will live in after they split.
3. Move the family into the house. Within the first week, you must divorce the couple and move one of them out. You must keep one spouse in the house you are already in. Move your spouse into the house you built already or buy a house.
4. Leave the kids in the house of the spouse you want to control for the first week. The parent in the household MUST have at least a part time job, if not a full time.
5. Your kids will live with one of the parents for a week. They will live in the house that the parent you are controlling is in, and will live a normal life. They MUST visit the parent they are not with at least once a week. As in, they must just go to their house and stay for dinner or something. They could also go and eat out, go to a movie, ect. with the parent.
6. Every Sunday morning, go into edit town. You will be moving the children to the other parent's household. Click on the house they are in and move them to the other parents household. You will have to move the parent they are with into the household to, as children must always live with a parent. Just remove the divorced parent that they were just living with out of the house and back into their old one. It may sound complicated, but it is alot easier.
7. Every Sunday, you must repeat this process. The kids can go on different days to either parents house, but the kids need to see their brothers and sisters mostly everyday. (e.x. one of the children could go back to the other parents house on Tuesday, they may. They will leave the house next Tuesday though, and must see their siblings everyday and must be in the same household as them at least once a week.)

Either parent may date again and eventually remarry. THEY CANNOT GET BACK TOGETHER WITH EACH OTHER. They can even have kids with other people once they are remarried.
See how long you last, it gets pretty tiring after a while. And it's really, really fun I think (:
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Nov 2010 at 1:33 AM
It sounds very tiring, but rather true to life.
Test Subject
#3 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 3:12 AM
sounds very annoying with alll the house switching. couldn't they just sleep over one night a week or something like that?
Test Subject
#4 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 8:34 AM
This actually sounds rather fun. I think i'm gonna try it.
Iqtink, it wouldn't be a challenge if it were easy(:
Test Subject
#5 Old 28th Nov 2010 at 4:56 PM
I don't mean it would be too hard, i meant that it would be annoying to switch those houses so much. and a lot of loading time.