Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2015 at 7:46 PM
Default Adult night school scenarios.
I know lots of folks use the school mods to run school type setting for kids, but what about adults and college scenarios ? I was brainstorming ideas of doing some night school, college education, study online or something or another. I do not have any concrete set up mostly just a bunch of ideas, but was just wondering if anyone does anything like this and if so how it all plays out for them.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:19 PM
I have plans to do this in the future. Here are my notes on my ideas.

-create a vocational school/community college using simwardrobe's vocational training controller. have a couple classrooms for skill and badge building, a room for med-tech, one for fashion design and one or two with the OFB crafting stations. the FT hobby lots can be used as extension schools. use inge's meeting controller or teleporter to bring in staff and/or students.

Get the vocational controller at http://www.paladins-place.org/main.htm -> Sims 2 -> Objects -> Business Facilitators. Inge's meeting controller can be found here. http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2P...Teleporters.htm

I haven't actually tried this yet and would also be interested in hearing how others work this out.

Myalgic Encephalomyelitis is a severely disabling neurological, cardiac and metabolic disease.
The Hummingbirds' Foundation for M.E. is fighting for patients to be given recognition and appropriate medical care.
Please visit hfme.org for more information.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:25 PM
I have sent an adult to college with a ChristianLov mod and I intend to do it with some other sims, like the Curious brothers, who strike me as just the sort of people who'd take an evening class. I'll probably speed them through it with the college adjuster.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 18th May 2015 at 8:42 PM Last edited by jimlisa912 : 18th May 2015 at 9:01 PM.
@sushigal007 Is this the mod that they go off to school as if it were a job ? I could of sworn I had seen 2 different mods by him, but only one of them I had the details of how it worked. I am trying different things with my bluewater village mega hood I started. It is basically serving as my testing hood, and I used this mod for Stephen Tinker, with the idea of him going back to school for some classes to go into the law enforcement field, but I had not worked out a lot where he is actually at. Right now he is just off his home lot like he is at a job, I know there is that counterfeit degree as well that could be used, Well I did find a thread http://modthesims.info/t/488395 on here about the Christian Love mod in the collection set and I am going to further investigate with this one . My ideas are similar to the ones being mentioned here. I think it would be fun to see the drama play out with adults at school.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#5 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I have sent an adult to college with a ChristianLov mod and I intend to do it with some other sims, like the Curious brothers, who strike me as just the sort of people who'd take an evening class. I'll probably speed them through it with the college adjuster.

What mod is this? I've never heard of it.

Right now in my old hood I had downloaded an adult college career. I used that and pretended they were going to college. I also had a learning centre and any sim who turned up there I would select and have them gain a skill. It had various skilling items along with a classroom where a lesson would be given.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:41 AM
@joandsarah77 This link http://modthesims.info/t/488395 post 4 I think is the one.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:56 AM
I may even have that collection, I know I have one archive full of his mods. I will have to take a closer look. Does it clash with anything like the Simlogical school system?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 19th May 2015 at 3:57 AM
I use the Vocational Training Controller and the meeting controller too. I just make a lecture room, send the lecturer there, then use the meeting controller to teleport in the right sims. I have different lecturers for different skills (seems weird to have the same guy teaching say mechanical and creativity), but you could do it with just one person.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:10 AM
@sushigal007 How does Adults go to college work? Do you phone up and send them like normal?

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#10 Old 19th May 2015 at 9:52 AM
The mod is a noticeboard, so you need to send a teen to college first and put the noticeboard somewhere on campus, which will then allow you to move an adult in as a student. It's been a while since I used it, so I can't remember if they change into a YA on campus, but I do remember that when they graduate, they get reset to the beginning of their adult life stage.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 19th May 2015 at 10:06 AM
Thanks, sounds interesting.

~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#12 Old 19th May 2015 at 1:32 PM
Just last night, I built a learning skills lot including a toddler room, with all necessities and a gated doorway. It has Beck's skill learning tables for those who mostly need to do the AL reading. Those take quite a bit of time but each one is useful in making some fixes to old problems in game. Like Fire Safety, sims don't freak out like they used to and can be directed to get their silly butts out of the house. Parenting adds a way to know what a baby needs before they're desperate. I like my kids and adults to have a chance on gaining these skills. I also added a mahjong and llama game table just for fun seekers. It's just a community lot and the small amount I've played with the skills table, I think it may be autonomous to learn a skill. It is autonomous just to play for fun, but I had a sim getting body skills when I had chosen a life skill for her to learn. She was already heading to the table before I chose an option.
I plan on testing it out today, as I was fighting sleep to finish it before going to bed.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Link Ninja
#13 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:02 AM
@jimlisa912 this thread about trade school might interest you on the topic of education for adults. Paladin's vocational mod is mentioned, but others offer ideas and discussion on the topic.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.