Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 26th May 2015 at 5:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rousseau
26th most popular in my birth year, which is odd to me, because I very rarely met other students in school (through college) with the same name as me. I was the only one with my first name in my graduating class at high school. There were several Megans, though!

I played around with the birth year to see how popular my name was over time. It was in the mid 100s and dropping as low as 200 until the late 60s, when it began skyrocketing. My name got even more popular for about 20 years after my birth year, then the last decade or so has dropped dramatically. Interesting!

1890s - Lena
1900s - Hattie
1910s - Pearl
1920s - Beatrice
1930s - Rita
1940s - Geraldine
1950s - Kathryn
1960s - Connie
1970s - Nancy
1980s - Monica
1990s - Cassandra
2000s - Danielle
Today - Brooklyn

The only one I really dislike is Geraldine. I generally don't like female names that are just feminine versions of a male name. Brooklyn - shrug. I suppose it could be worse, like Mackenzie, or any of its spelling variants. Not only am I sick of the name, but I've hired 2 Mackenzies in the last year, and they both flaked out and stopped showing up to work. I may never trust a (first name) Mackenzie again!

Edit before anyone gets offended - apologies to any Mackenzies on the board. Or perhaps more accurately, to your parent(s), who chose that name for you. I mean no offense. Appreciation of names is, after all, a subjective thing.

Dying at the last part because my name is Mackenzie
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 26th May 2015 at 7:39 PM
Having been named after my father, I have always hated feminized male names for females.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 28th May 2015 at 2:51 AM
My name is so common that my 1980s and 1990s "name" is my own name and almost all of the others were Mary. My dear sweet mother, may she rest in peace, and my aunt (who named me) weren't very creative.
Field Researcher
#54 Old 28th May 2015 at 6:09 PM
Well, I'm Swedish, so not sure how my name compares - but then it wasn't at all common in Sweden either when I was born, although it's been getting more popular the past ten years or so. (I'm talking about my legal first name - Felicia is actually my middle name.)

Today I would be Aspen, apparently. In the 1900s I would've been called Lady. (Hah! So not me.) And, very weirdly, I get 1960s Gerri, 1980s Jeri, and 1990s Jerica.

ETA: Felicia gives me Vera for the 1950s. Oh dear. Now I'm caught between Jayne Cobb and Captain John Hart... (Anyone who gets both those references gets a virtual cookie.)
Theorist
#55 Old 29th May 2015 at 6:31 PM
My name today would be: Jane. How inventive. Then again, my real name is even less so.

I liked some names down the list, though. Icie? Haha, little icie queen. Marvel, wow! And I thought that Adrian was kind of a male name. I guess my incarnations that never happened would've been freaks.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:11 PM
Alot of names for my simmies! I shall steal them all.. not really, I wouldn't name my sim Fanny or Lady.
Mad Poster
#57 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smorbie1
Having been named after my father, I have always hated feminized male names for females.

Make that two of us. Our names are spelled differently, and people constantly ... constantly ... used to use the male spelling. It was a particular PITA on legal documents, where a person who drew them up frequently seemed to presume I was a guy. Still is a pain. Even if I spell out my first name, I'll often STILL get the other spelling.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Instructor
#58 Old 30th May 2015 at 3:31 PM
... My Name doesn't even come up.

To be fair my name is very uncommon worldwide, but in my African culture/ family background it is somewhat common - my name is unisex but it hasn't been known in my culture for many females to have my name.

Guess I'm unique .. or weird! However, you'll like to see it. :lovestruc
Page 3 of 3