Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:31 PM
Default Can elders adopt children?
I tried to Google this for an answer, and looked around on here but I couldn't really find anything. Can Elders in the Sims 2 adopt? I'd like to have an elderly couple foster a child if that could be possible.

xoxo.R
Advertisement
Link Ninja
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:33 PM
I have never tried it myself, but the next time you are in game, why not have an elder call the adoption service and see if they answer?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#3 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:46 PM
I think they can, I have seen people make the Oldie & Goodie family adopt a kid..
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:50 PM
Yup they can.
The first time I played the goodies, they adopted 6 babies (one each day), Just be aware that Elders lifespans aren't that long. As I recall, by the time 5 of their children were teens they died of old age.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:54 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bigsimsfan12
Yup they can.
The first time I played the goodies, they adopted 6 babies (one each day), Just be aware that Elders lifespans aren't that long. As I recall, by the time 5 of their children were teens they died of old age.

Thanks! I'm about to play the goodies, and I want them to adopt Daniel Bell.

xoxo.R
Mad Poster
#6 Old 21st May 2015 at 12:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by headfirst4halos00
Thanks! I'm about to play the goodies, and I want them to adopt Daniel Bell.

I always make the Goodies adopt at least one child. The last time I played them I gave them the Venus plant to extend their lives long enough for the girls to go to college.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#7 Old 21st May 2015 at 2:08 AM
I have an elder couple that just adopted yesterday. It wasn't the conventional way, so I can't vouch for social services. I use the Ogre (here on MTS), where sims can sell babies and toddlers, while other sims can 'buy' them. You do have to use the adopt option on simblender to set the family ties, and also change the little one's last name.

When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#8 Old 21st May 2015 at 6:04 AM
Yes, they can. The Goodies adopted two children in my game.

Catalogue of Custom Neighborhoods for TS2
All Hood Building Group neighborhoods are available here
Want to get rid of EA's sims in neighborhoods? Check out my Clean and Empty Steatlh Hoods and Clean and Empty Neighborhood Templates
My Simblr
Scholar
#9 Old 21st May 2015 at 5:31 PM
I always let the premade elders adopt children! :D
They have so much time and love to give... they are great parents! <3
Test Subject
#10 Old 21st May 2015 at 6:47 PM
Sure, why not
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 21st May 2015 at 8:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HonokaAizawa
I always let the premade elders adopt children! :D
They have so much time and love to give... they are great parents! <3

I never really played The Goodies, but looking at them they're just so sweet! I'd imagine them being great grandparents.

xoxo.R
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#12 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:47 PM
I aged them down and let them have kids, they make cute kids. Adoption is a great idea though.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd May 2015 at 8:09 AM
The Goodies adopted two children in my game. Faith died when they were teenagers but old Herbie kept hanging on until they left for Uni. He was very fit, exercised daily
Test Subject
Original Poster
#15 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
The Goodies adopted two children in my game. Faith died when they were teenagers but old Herbie kept hanging on until they left for Uni. He was very fit, exercised daily

Faith was the first to die too, and Herbie in my game loved to go on the bike to exercise. I think it helped him being in shape that allowed him to live longer.

xoxo.R
Mad Poster
#16 Old 22nd May 2015 at 10:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by headfirst4halos00
Faith was the first to die too, and Herbie in my game loved to go on the bike to exercise. I think it helped him being in shape that allowed him to live longer.

Perhaps I should follow Herbie's example