Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 11:45 AM
Peggyzone problem... and I can't contact them
Hello. I don't know if I'm right here: for several days now, I cannot properly visit Peggyzone and also not contact them to ask what the problem is. It has to do with how the site has been programmed. Usually the upper part of the page is hidden by a white part when I open any page, but the white part is then replaced by the page itself. Now my browser loads and loads and... the white part stays I can click at anything at the lower part, but the page it refers me to is totally white. And I cannot contact them as the page that I have to use also won't load. I have the latest version of FF, so this shouldn't be due to an outdated browser? Can someone help me or at least give me an addy where I can contact someone at Peggy's site?

Thanks in advance
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 11:47 AM
Use a different browser. I don't think Peggy's active anymore, and there've been browser issues with that site for years, so I doubt that even if you did contact her about it, that she would care, or fix it.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Sep 2013 at 12:03 PM
From what I recall Peggy's site is designed so that you can't contact her unless you are a paying user. Maybe I missed something back when I also tried to contact her, but I doubt it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 10:03 AM
The site never showed up for my when I used Chrome, but it did work in Internet Explorer. Maybe you should try that?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 10:09 AM
I've tried it on Chrome, Opera, and Firefox with no luck - IETab, same deal. I'm not lowering myself to use IE for that site, but has anybody tried Safari? I'm not a Mac user, but maybe we should get a list of browsers that work.

Or, you know, slap 'em upside the head for not supporting the world's most popular browsers.

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 7:04 PM
From what I noticed, they stopped updating content, especially Sims 2 CC.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 25th Sep 2013 at 10:46 PM
Well, I've just tried it with Internet Explorer, and all I get is "This page can't be displayed / Make sure the web address http://www.peggyzone.com is correct".
Theorist
#8 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 12:31 AM
I decided to check for you since I'm on a Mac, and I got a "page not found" screen. So I checked Down For Everyone Or Just Me and it said that Peggyzone was down for everyone. I'm afraid that's not much help, but perhaps what you're seeing is a symptom of whatever's gone wrong?

esmeiolanthe's Live Journal and Tumblr
Most recent story update: Fuchs That! on 2/21/15
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 7:26 AM
Thank you. Yes, FF now also doesn't find Peggy anymore. So I guess we'll have to wait if the page comes back again
Test Subject
#10 Old 26th Sep 2013 at 5:39 PM Last edited by kiwimask : 27th Sep 2013 at 12:56 AM.
If you want to access some of Peggyzone's stuff, I know of some alternate sources.

Pay Stuff:
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/ts2/peggy/
http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/ts3/peggy/

Free Stuff:
Go here: http://archive.org/web/web.php and then enter http://www.peggyzone.com/ in the box and hit 'Take Me Back'. You should be able to go to an archive of PeggyZone that will let you download the free stuff. I tried it and it works.

EDIT: I tried it again after coming home from work and the Wayback Machine archive had problems loading on some pages so it might not work for everything.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#11 Old 22nd Oct 2013 at 10:07 AM
Peggyzone is back again. So.. fortunately, I don't need those links. Thanks nevertheless
Test Subject
#12 Old 17th May 2015 at 6:24 AM
Peggy zone is not working again. I can't get it through any browser.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:19 AM
Check the post dates. If it was dead 1.5 years ago, it's not looking good now.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 17th May 2015 at 8:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by breeluv
Peggy zone is not working again. I can't get it through any browser.
Sadly, I fear Peggy really is gone for good this time. The site has been down at least since late March.

Her pay stuff is available on the Booty. The correct address now is:
http://svt.paysites.mustbedestroyed...ooty/ts2/peggy/

I think someone here told me that her free stuff is now on SimsCave, but I can't find the post now. I have been put off joining SimsCave by the warnings on the front page there. (They tell you to use a different user name to what you use on other Sims sites. I wonder if this is a relic from TSR's days as a paysite.) Does anyone know if those warnings are so relevant now?

Ovenhole, the site did come back last year and was working about a year ago. But I think Peggy's URL licence has run out again, and it doesn't look like it's coming back this time. It is sad because she was a major source of TS2 hair.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 17th May 2015 at 11:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I think someone here told me that her free stuff is now on SimsCave, but I can't find the post now. I have been put off joining SimsCave by the warnings on the front page there. (They tell you to use a different user name to what you use on other Sims sites. I wonder if this is a relic from TSR's days as a paysite.) Does anyone know if those warnings are so relevant now?

I joined them under a different name and I haven't exploded yet.
Mad Poster
#16 Old 17th May 2015 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I joined them under a different name and I haven't exploded yet.
I am strongly tempted to join under the name of another of my favourite custom Sims, whom I mention so often in my posts here, that anyone familiar with this forum would know it's me! Do you think I should be more careful and choose something less obvious?

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 17th May 2015 at 5:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
I am strongly tempted to join under the name of another of my favourite custom Sims, whom I mention so often in my posts here, that anyone familiar with this forum would know it's me! Do you think I should be more careful and choose something less obvious?

Just use the first name like AndrewGloria and you should be fine.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 19th May 2015 at 1:32 AM
Well, I've just joined SimsCave with a user name based on the forenames of two of my early Sims, and in response to my introductory post I got a link to the PeggyZone free downloads here. Moreover sorasunao has collected all Peggy's free female hairs here, and all her free male hairs here. She/he has grouped them all together into a comparatively small number of .rar files, so they're actually easier to download than they were on Peggyzone, where, if you didn't pay for a subscription, you had to download each recolour one at a time.

I think you may have to register on SimsCave to download.

My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 18th Mar 2016 at 11:50 PM
I know this is old, but I found some peggyzone hairs...you have to register ->http://simscave.mustbedestroyed.org...58631#msg258631

I think scars are like battle wounds - beautiful, in a way. They show what you've been through and how strong you are for coming out of it. - Demi Lovato