Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2015 at 2:51 AM
Default Can I still get the Ultimate Collection?
Hey. Lost my old comp and everything on it. Is it still available? Where can I get it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:25 AM
Did you install the Ultimate Collection via Origin? If so, all you'll need to do is log onto Origin and you can redown load it.

Also, saw this at Sims VIP (Mar 22, 2015)
Quote:
If you missed out on The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection promotion from Origin, you can still get your hands on it according to a thread over at Reddit. Users are reporting that as long as you own The Sims 2, an Origin representative will gladly add the Ultimate Collection to your Origin account. Contact Origin.
I can't verify if this is true or not.

Addicted to The Sims since 2000.
Scholar
#3 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:24 AM
I can confirm that it is true. I got my Ultimate Collection about 2 days ago simply by following what that Sims VIP link says. They didn't even ask if I owned The Sims 2 or anything, I simply asked if the Ultimate Collection was still available and they added it to my Origin games. Some people on that Sims VIP site say they had to try a few times to get someone nice enough to hook them up, but I guess I got lucky since the first person I talked to added it to Origin for me. It's definitely worth trying if you really want the full Sims 2 experience, and for free too.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:11 AM
If you have an Origin account, though, it won't be lost, you simply have to download it again (I upgraded my pc a while ago and that was all I had to do).
As @haywud says if you don't have one yet. Just open an Origin account, log in and ask, I'd think.
Scholar
#5 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:52 AM
When I contacted EA about it the person told me I could have it as long as I created an Origin account, which I already had and never even used, so it seems they don't even expect you to already have an Origin account. I'm pretty sure my Origin account was also created on my older pc, so I simply had to download Origin again then contact EA about getting the Ultimate Collection. It took maybe 5 minutes to get in touch with EA and get it added to Origin, so it really couldn't have been any easier.
Test Subject
#6 Old 20th May 2015 at 3:41 PM Last edited by bluefight134 : 22nd May 2015 at 3:41 PM.
If you already have the UC on your origin account you just need to download it again. If you don't, contact EA's help center to chat with an assistant.
I had to try a couple of times untill I found the right person who was really nice to me and put the UC in my origin account games. However in my case, he asked if I had the game and I said I had the disk format of fun with pets and gave him the code.

Still there are people still asking for the game without needing anything, so I guess it depends on the assistant, Just dont give up! I was becoming hopeless but in the end I got it, so Don't give up!!!!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2015 at 9:00 PM
Thank you so much. No, i didn't have it before. Waiting for a chat now!
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:40 PM
I just got the game yesterday, so I can confirm that it's still available.

Life isn't about the breaths we take, it's about the moments that take our breaths away...
Lab Assistant
#9 Old 21st May 2015 at 8:44 PM
I've been meaning to ask for it too, but I'm so shy (yes, even on the internet) that I keep putting it off
Mad Poster
#10 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Carooh
I've been meaning to ask for it too, but I'm so shy (yes, even on the internet) that I keep putting it off

Take a deep breath and go for it
Test Subject
#11 Old 21st May 2015 at 10:33 PM Last edited by logxdlady : 21st May 2015 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Additional Information
I asked today and their service representative said that they were no longer offering it, and gave me a 15% discount code instead.
EDIT: BUT, you can buy it from a site called www.old-games.com . They have it ready to go for $8.95. That's where I got mine from, and it runs well. They also have TS1.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd May 2015 at 1:15 PM
Interesting - that might be what the pop-up was about I got from Origin, asking me if I would recommend Sims 2 UC to others.
Mad Poster
#13 Old 22nd May 2015 at 2:10 PM
@logxdlady I don't think its a good idea getting Sims 2 from that site. You can still get UC from EA you just need to tell them that SecuROM will not allow you to reinstall your game and they will give you UC.

Sometimes it may take 2-3 calls to EA to get it but you will get it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#14 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:26 PM
We should sticky these threads so people won't have to ask the same question regarding the UC.
Test Subject
#15 Old 22nd May 2015 at 3:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by logxdlady
I asked today and their service representative said that they were no longer offering it, and gave me a 15% discount code instead.

Yeah a lot of assistants do that, they also told me the game was no longer available but that they could give a discount in other games. I got 15% discount codes for get to work and outdoor retreat, but I still did not give up, I just kept on searching untill I found the right person. So my advice is to not back down even if it seems that there is no chance for you to get it.
Test Subject
#16 Old 24th May 2015 at 7:55 PM
I just got a copy today. I really gushed about how much of a Sims fan I am [which is true], and I also verified that I had previously purchased the TS2 by providing the serial number [code thingy] to the rep. So just for asking, I got all Sims 2 games free AND the 15% discount code, which I'll be happily using on the already cheap TS4 pack (:. I would really recommend trying it!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 24th May 2015 at 8:27 PM
OMG! I just received mine not too long ago. I'm am so happy, I'm still tearing up! OMG, it is still possible!
Field Researcher
#18 Old 24th May 2015 at 8:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DespicableSki
I just got a copy today. I really gushed about how much of a Sims fan I am [which is true], and I also verified that I had previously purchased the TS2 by providing the serial number [code thingy] to the rep. So just for asking, I got all Sims 2 games free AND the 15% discount code, which I'll be happily using on the already cheap TS4 pack (:. I would really recommend trying it!

Yea, you really do have to gush about being a sims fan. Also, I threw in a little, how it wasn't fair that other's are still receiving their copies and all, while still being friendly, of course. It also depends on who you get too.
Test Subject
#19 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:23 PM
I got a worse response today. I provided my old product code and went through the motions, and I got the response "where did you get the idea to ask about this game?" And no help. I suppose I'll try again tomorrow. I'm just unlucky.
@marka93 normally I'd agree, but I've been playing it for a month now and everything checks out. No spyware either; I'm very thorough in my computer's safety.
Mad Poster
#20 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:27 PM
@logxdlady tell them your having problems with SecuROM and it will not let you reinstall some of your EP's and they will give you UC, it may take 2-3 times but one of them will give it to you.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#21 Old 24th May 2015 at 10:38 PM
@marka93 thank you very much for your help. I talked to another one of them a few minutes ago and they finally gave me the game, and another 15% off code. With which I may purchase the Sims 4? I'm very glad to finally have this in my queue. It did take me three tries, like you said, but also like you said, they finally gave it to me. I'm absolutely thrilled.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 24th May 2015 at 11:11 PM
I just got the game now on the EA chat. I just asked if The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection was still available on Origin, and the lady said that the offer had expired but that she will ask her supervisor, and apparently he must have approved it since she said that she will add the game to my account. Came up immediately on Origin. I do already have all of the TS2 games but this will come in handy when I get my new laptop so I won't have to install them all off the disc for the millionth time.
Scholar
#23 Old 25th May 2015 at 4:11 AM
@Moosey54321

I had a similar experience. The first person I talked to told me the offer was no longer available, and that the game was no longer available as well. Immediately after saying that, they said if I had an Origin account they would add it to my games. After telling them the account was my Origin account they emailed me a code to use for the game in case I ever needed it, and also added the game right into my Origin list. It really couldn't have been any easier, or have gone any better than that. Though I guess I was lucky when you consider that some people are saying they had to try a few times to get it.

So for anyone still interested, give it a shot and keep trying until you get someone nice enough to hook you up with the game. Eventually they're going to stop giving it out at all no matter what, so if you really want it don't hesitate or you could miss out completely!
Inventor
#24 Old 25th May 2015 at 6:15 AM
I just did this right now, didn't realize I still could. :O I had to take a picture of my disc/ code, but it was very quick and easy!
Scholar
#25 Old 25th May 2015 at 10:00 PM
Where exactly do you go? I have just gone to Contact EA and have seen the live chat as reccommended channel to contact them. Is this right?
Page 1 of 2