Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th May 2015 at 4:53 AM
Default Any way to have my conflict list examined?
I just finished getting mods I wanted in place (finally!) and I did a check with HCDU to check for conflicts. I tried my best to avoid downloading mods that would conflict with each other, but I know I didn't completely avoid conflicting mods. HCDU detected 40 conflicts, with most of them being conflicts within InTeen, and about 15 conflicts I'm actually worried about. I'm just wondering if there's something, or even someone out that that could take a look at my conflict list and help me find the real problem conflicts. I haven't even started playing yet, because I want to make sure things are all sorted out before I even bother playing. I'll include my list of conflicts in case anyone is willing to take a look at it.
Attached files:
File Type: 7z  HCDUconflicts.7z (1.5 KB, 12 downloads) - View custom content
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:29 AM
InTeenimater FlavorPak are suppose to conflict with InTeenimater and there normal but you may want to go re-read the FAQ that you got when you downloaded InTeenimater.

As for CJ mods that conflict with each other you may want to go read what they say on the site you downloaded them from and make sure that you need both.

Go read each one of CJ mods that conflict with InTeenimater and make sure you need them or not.

As for alfixes you need to make sure it loads last by putting it in a folder called zzz.(what ever you want to call it.) make sure it has the most "z" so it will load last.

As for these 2 alfixes.package, CJ-DateGiftFixes go read what it says on CJ site for you may not need it.

There are no problems with these 2 BO - Stay Late.package and the Visitor Controller.package

For these 3 you really need to go read all 3 at there sites and make sure which one you want for you do not need all 3 for you only need 1.
BO - Phone Make-over.package, CJ-CallNPCs.package and SW-FreeTime-NPC-Phonebook-Fix.package

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#3 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:40 AM
I would reconsider alfixes all together. Most of it was fixed with patches, and other things have individual mods. See this thread for more information.

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th May 2015 at 7:02 AM
Alright I got rid of alfixes since that thread made it sound like something I probably don't really need. There were a few obvious mods where I must have got lazy reading the info. All 3 of those phone mods are practically the same, though BO's mod seems to be a tweaked version of the other 2. I also replaced CJ's No Hot Tub Suicide mod after seeing he replaced it with a different version, though that is showing more conflicts than the one I replaced. I've got it down to 8 that I'm still not sure about, even after reading though descriptions of each and any readme files. From what I see each of the remaining conflicts affect the same BHAVs, but I'm not sure they affect the same functions. The CJ mods that conflict with InTeen didn't say they had any problems on his site, not that I could see anyway, but I'd still like to be sure. The gender preference mod says in it's description it works with InTeen, yet I see some comments saying otherwise, so I'm unsure about that. Below are the remaining conflicts.

File Type: BHAV
Procedure Name: Interaction - Get in Autonomously TEST
Group ID: 0x7FEABABA
Instance ID: 0x00002084
Packages Containing This Procedure:
\downloads\CJ-HotTubEntryLogic.package
\downloads\InTeenimater\InTeenimater_B.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Get In TEST
Instance ID: 0x0000206E

Procedure Name: Dress for Hot Tub
Instance ID: 0x0000208E

Procedure Name: Get In Tub
Instance ID: 0x00002062

Procedure Name: Privacy - Ignore person?
Group ID: 0x7FD46CD0
Instance ID: 0x00000138
\downloads\CJ-SmarterPrivacy.package

Procedure Name: Interaction - Unclaim - TEST
Group ID: 0x7FB22737
Instance ID: 0x0000200B
\downloads\CJ-VisitorsBehave.package
\downloads\creaturefixes.package

Procedure Name: Soc&Rel: Adjust STR From A->B w/ nIDs
Instance ID: 0x00000352
\downloads\marhis-genderprefs-TAE-AL.package

Procedure Name: Soc&Rel: Adjust LTR From A->B w/ nIDs
Instance ID: 0x0000038E
\downloads\marhis-genderprefs-TAE-AL.package
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 20th May 2015 at 10:55 AM Last edited by Mechanon : 20th May 2015 at 11:06 AM.
The inteen and CJ-hottublogic conflict is because of inteens normal changing everything remotely related to sex and relationships.

If you just use the teen pregnancy feature of inteen you could swap to Chris Hatch's pregnancy controller which would lose all the inteen conflicts. If not you'll need someone who uses the two mods conflicting with inteen to tell you what load order you need.

The Brooke Family Legacy - Family Tree
Mad Poster
#6 Old 20th May 2015 at 5:23 PM
Or you could test it yourself. Keep the mods in that order and (in a test hood, or a real one, it doesn't matter if you don't mind) have some adult sims try to use a hot tub, including woohoo. Then get some teen sims to use a hot tub, including woohoo. Keep testingcheats on and watch for errors. If no errors, good. It passed stage one. For stage two, you want to read up on the expected behaviour of CJ's mod(s). Set up those scenarios and watch to see how sims are acting over a longer period of time. Are they obeying the rules of CJ's mod, or not?

Now switch them by placing CJ's mod into a zzz_loadlast folder. Repeat the experiment, stage one and stage two.

A conflict isn't necessarily bad, it just means two mods are affecting the same BHAV. Sometimes it's okay and they fit together, sometimes the later loaded mod will override the earlier loaded one.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th May 2015 at 11:09 PM
Not sure why I never thought to create a dummy hood just to check things out. I've done it in the past, but for some reason it just slipped my mind. I'll definitely do that to see how things go. I'm sure once I do that I'll be able to get everything sorted out. I appreciate the help everyone, thanks!