Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 7:55 AM
Default Is modding the clock speed possible?
For some reason, the "3" speed is super fast. So fast in fact, Even if I hit another speed the second I see a burglar, he'll be gone.

I think this might have to do with the fact the game is running on newer, faster hardware?

I know there's a cheat code to directly affect time, but, might it be possible to directly mod the 3 speed when sims go to sleep? It seems like there's a normal 3 speed and then an iltra fast speed when every sim is sleeping. I need it slowed down just a but, if possible. Can anyone assist?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 24th Sep 2018 at 2:24 PM
You can just change the speed manually with the number keys 1-3.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 25th Sep 2018 at 1:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Takeshi666
You can just change the speed manually with the number keys 1-3.

The "3" speed is extremely fast and it's causing me to miss burglar encounters, even if I select "1" or "2" the second I hear the music sting.

That's why I need to see if it's possible to directly mod the speed.
Scholar
#4 Old 27th Sep 2018 at 2:56 AM
Even the clock and the game runs too fast even on my cheap Intel Celeron laptop. I think it's because the game is meant to be played on older computers from the 90's and early to mid 2000's. Unfortunately I don't know of any fix. Where did you place your burglar alarm. I thought the policewoman was supposed to come and arrest him when the alarm goes off.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Sep 2018 at 7:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Squidconqueror
Even the clock and the game runs too fast even on my cheap Intel Celeron laptop. I think it's because the game is meant to be played on older computers from the 90's and early to mid 2000's. Unfortunately I don't know of any fix. Where did you place your burglar alarm. I thought the policewoman was supposed to come and arrest him when the alarm goes off.

Yeah, I don't know exactly all the science but I know when I first had the game in 2000, this was never a problem.

I haven't had a burglar since installing an alarm, but what was happening was the sims would sleep, the game would speed up, I would hear the music sting for the burglar. I would hit the "1" key right away, but the game was so fast that he had already robbed me. That's what I'm saying, it's not slowing down for the burglar.
Scholar
#6 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 4:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Daleylife
Yeah, I don't know exactly all the science but I know when I first had the game in 2000, this was never a problem.

I haven't had a burglar since installing an alarm, but what was happening was the sims would sleep, the game would speed up, I would hear the music sting for the burglar. I would hit the "1" key right away, but the game was so fast that he had already robbed me. That's what I'm saying, it's not slowing down for the burglar.
Yeah if only there is a way to cap or lower the FPS speed.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Oct 2018 at 6:56 PM
Well... you can use the 'Sim_speed XXX' cheat. Put a value in the 'XXX' between 0 and 1000, and the characters will move faster or slower. Having in account 750 is the normal speed of the sims, you could put a slightly higher value and have better control of the time. Just an idea, I don't know how much it will help you.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 6th Jun 2020 at 4:41 AM
Anyone have any other ideas?