Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 12:54 AM Last edited by FairyKairi : 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:38 AM. Reason: found what I was looking for
Default WCIF This bunk bed or similar?
I think it comes from Generations, but I may be wrong. I screen-shotted the picture from a YouTube video, so the quality is not that great, sorry.

http://i.imgur.com/jqubTdk.png?1

If it does come from Generations, please lead me to something similar. I have looked on every custom content website I could find. Everything similar required Generations and I am not willing to buy the expansion just for bunk beds, sorry. The linked content needs to work like bunk beds.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 1:27 AM
Cyclonesue has a bunk bed that doesn't seem to require Gen. You could try that one.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ure/id/1035359/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by varpunen
Cyclonesue has a bunk bed that doesn't seem to require Gen. You could try that one.
http://www.thesimsresource.com/down...ure/id/1035359/
I was hoping to avoid that one, but if it's the only one I can find, I will use it.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 2nd Aug 2015 at 2:34 AM
I don't have Generations either, so I know that these bunks beds work without it.

TheNumbersWoman on TSR has a couple:
This one was kind of weird, because it seems like you have to recolor it twice, so I don't use it anymore, but it works without Generations.
Here's another one from the same creator.

The Sims 3 store also has at least one bunk bed here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 12:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glowstarsinajar
I don't have Generations either, so I know that these bunks beds work without it.

TheNumbersWoman on TSR has a couple:
This one was kind of weird, because it seems like you have to recolor it twice, so I don't use it anymore, but it works without Generations.
Here's another one from the same creator.

The Sims 3 store also has at least one bunk bed here.

Okay, none of those work and I hopefully purchased the store bed...it was too small. I found one on the Exchange, though, so it's all good.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 2:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by FairyKairi
Okay, none of those work and I hopefully purchased the store bed...it was too small. I found one on the Exchange, though, so it's all good.

Not sure what you mean by "too small." But I have all of those bunk beds in my game and I've never installed Generations so I don't know why they wouldn't show up for you.

Could you link to the one you found on the exchange?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 3:10 AM
Not sure what you mean by "too small." But I have all of those bunk beds in my game and I've never installed Generations so I don't know why they wouldn't show up for you.

Could you link to the one you found on the exchange?
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3049413
I meant that they do not look similar to the one I posted, also they need to be placed against a wall. That does not work with the multiple beds in one room like shown in the picture. The Hideaway bed looks like it is made for children/toddlers only...
Field Researcher
#8 Old 3rd Aug 2015 at 6:23 AM Last edited by glowstarsinajar : 3rd Aug 2015 at 7:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by FairyKairi
http://www.thesims3.com/assetDetail...assetId=3049413
I meant that they do not look similar to the one I posted, also they need to be placed against a wall. That does not work with the multiple beds in one room like shown in the picture. The Hideaway bed looks like it is made for children/toddlers only...

Oh ok, it sounded like they just didn't work in your game. From what you said before, I thought you just wanted any bunk beds that don't require Generations, and since you didn't like the CycloneSue one I figured I'd link to the ones I know about.

Have you actually tried the Hideaway bed? Because I've had teens sleep in it with no problem, and I think adults probably will too. Toddlers can't sleep in regular beds afaik.

Edit: I tested it in my game, and all the beds I linked to could stand without being against a wall; adults were also able to sleep in them.
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 3:40 AM
Oh ok, it sounded like they just didn't work in your game. From what you said before, I thought you just wanted any bunk beds that don't require Generations, and since you didn't like the CycloneSue one I figured I'd link to the ones I know about.

Have you actually tried the Hideaway bed? Because I've had teens sleep in it with no problem, and I think adults probably will too. Toddlers can't sleep in regular beds afaik.

Edit: I tested it in my game, and all the beds I linked to could stand without being against a wall; adults were also able to sleep in them.
Okay, I will admit to being wrong. My lack of depth perception got the better of me. With a bit of recoloring, the Hideaway bed works to my liking. Thank you!