Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#26 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 7:41 PM
You can change skintones by using simsurgery in SimPE, if you want a totally safe way to do it.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#27 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:01 PM
WAY too much. By the time I'm done perfecting my sims in CAS, I'm too worn out to actually play the game!

The simmer formerly known as Averex
My Claim to Fame
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#28 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 10:17 PM
I make all my sims in CAS, laziness I guess although even when I have bodyshop open and could make sims I don't. I open body shop for quick deletion of things like makeup or to clone an extracted sim. I hit randomize in CAS and then tweak whatever comes up a lot. Unless I really wreck them I always tend to use the first random face template that comes up, I have a number of non default templates. I go through quite a bit of make-up on most sims seeing if they need a blush, freckles, eyelashes, moles or scars, glasses, facial hair etc. Lots of eye colours and hair.

Once done I will change them at a mirror or with gussy up if needed but don't normally change genetics. Sometimes I use the sim manipulator to change personality, zodiac or turns ons if I got it wrong in CAS. In my main integrated hood I did change one child's nose in one family as I had accidentally had a clone and in the Goodies house as somehow I managed to get three male clones. So I modified each one quite a lot.

I haven't used the plastic surgery reward for years, but that could be a fine item for vain sims to use at the clinic.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 5:29 AM
Thanks! I think I'll give the SimPE method a try. Good to know I need to back up manually first.
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 26th Oct 2014 at 6:34 AM
I used to give a lot of my sims plastic surgery, and then I realized that it didn't alter the way their offspring would look.

They were born ugly, and their kids would be born ugly as well.

I decided to embrace it instead.
Page 2 of 2