Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:49 AM
Default The Sims 2 Time
Hello! I'm new here. I'm so glad there is a site like this to help every simmers . But While searching for mods for The Sims 2, I can't find a mod that can help slow down time. This is one of my few complaints about TS2. Game time is really short, making the game unplayable. I can't do much anything because of the time. Are there any mod for the sims 2 regarding this? Thank you!
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:58 AM
You can try this: http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/ME_new.htm I haven't used it so i can't say how well it works or not.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 4:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkJ1611
Hello! I'm new here. I'm so glad there is a site like this to help every simmers . But While searching for mods for The Sims 2, I can't find a mod that can help slow down time. This is one of my few complaints about TS2. Game time is really short, making the game unplayable. I can't do much anything because of the time. Are there any mod for the sims 2 regarding this? Thank you!

Welcome to the community! Do you mean how quickly sims age, or how quickly the clock runs? You might find the aging off or slow motion cheats here useful, either way: http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/914811-the-sims-2/cheats

Check out my Simblr to follow the development of the Grand Duchy of Heimlichbourg!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:17 PM
For aging I like "BO - Slow Aging Controller" http://www.simbology.com/smf/index....55854#msg155854

I hear that slowing down the time may not be a good idea but that was a long time ago.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Mad Poster
#5 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 3:20 PM
The merola time clock works well. I found it slowed down time perfectly. The only problem was sleeping - I didn't like that my sims would be fully rested in about 4 hours even on the cheapest beds, so they were up half the night. I never found a fix for that, so I took the mod out.

Edit: Oh, hang on. There is a better version of that mod which I used. I'll see if I can find it for you.

Edit 2: Found it! It's by Chris Hatch. I don't think we're allowed to link his mods here since it's an adult site? But you can find them at Back Alley Sims. It has very explicit adult content, NSFW.

Here's a thread (family friendly) talking about it which was where I heard about it before: http://www.simbology.com/smf/index.php?topic=6838.15

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
#6 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 8:52 PM
I used to use the aging off cheat until I realized how kids' grades don't improve and how just plain easy the game gets. I've thought about giving aging mods a go, however it would probably happen on a different neighborhood than the ones I'm currently playing.
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
You can try this: http://www.simchaotics.net/Files/MerolaSims2/ME_new.htm I haven't used it so i can't say how well it works or not.
I can think of ways this would be helpful, even if Sims are fully rested after only 4 in-game hours of sleep! I'll definitely be giving this a try.
Instructor
#7 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:30 PM
Yeah an aging mod probably would be the best option. I find that while they still have very busy lives, you don't feel that pressure to force them to do everything all at once.

I don't get why so many Simmers hate Marsha Bruenig. She actually grows up to be quite pretty if you allow her to.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:43 PM
Actually, Chris Hatch's mod does indeed slow down the actual game speed. I've had it in my game for nearly 3 years, and it does not clash with any other mod. Because it runs in the background, you never have to place any clocks anywhere. It's a global mod, and it does affect the Vacation lots as well.

I find that once you get used to it, you'll actually forget that the speed has been changed. It's a very subtle change, but it's nice.

BoilingOil has done a variable aging mod, as well:
BO - Slow Aging Controller

If you really want to get ambitious or adventurous, Inge did an aging controller that you can program for aging.
Sims 2 Aging Hacks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 18th Oct 2014 at 9:47 PM
simsfreq, can you pm a link to Chris's Clock? Also why is it better?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
#10 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 12:41 AM
I just wanted to report back on the Sim Chaotics clock that joandsarah77 posted the link to.

I downloaded it and added it to the house of a single-sim family I don't really have much use for at the moment. It contains a lengthy description that appears in-game explaining that the carpool doesn't show up on the fastest setting (300%); I observed that also the postal carrier never comes meaning the bills aren't delivered. I didn't care to find out if the repo man comes or not since I've never played the game long enough for that to happen (my families always find a way to pay the bills somehow). Putting it back on 100% speed on Tuesdays and Thursdays caused normal behavior to happen again.

But the actual speeding time up or slowing time down works as described, even if they're asleep for an entire day in the max comfort bed.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 9:52 AM
Chris Hatch's version is a global mod so you don't have to place anything and it works on all lots. The mail, carpool, etc come as normal (although the carpool only waits for 30 minutes, not 60). I don't have the link right now but maybe I'll have time to look later. I have a son so I don't load up adult sites during the daytime

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12 Old 20th Oct 2014 at 11:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MarkJ1611
...But While searching for mods for The Sims 2, I can't find a mod that can help slow down time. This is one of my few complaints about TS2. Game time is really short, making the game unplayable. I can't do much anything because of the time. Are there any mod for the sims 2 regarding this? Thank you!
I too found that the time passed too quickly and my Sims didn't have time to do all the many things they wanted to do. Even at normal ("slow") speed there are only about two seconds in a Sim minute. Sims can do some things much faster than we can, but it takes a Sim just as long in real time to walk across a room as it would take you or me. I was (and still am) tempted to download Merola's clock, but there are evidently a few complications with it (like the carpool only waiting a few minutes). Much simpler I find is just to use the SetHour cheat to move the time back an hour or two. I believe there can be a problem of you missing something important if you use SetHour to move time forwards, but I only ever use it to move it back, to give my Sims the time they need. Especially, I nearly always use SetHour during the night to make sure my Sims get a good night's sleep and wake up refreshed and ready for another day of fun and excitement!

The Sims 2 isn't the sort of "game" where you have beat someone or something, so I have absolutely no compunction about using "cheats" to help my story. As long as I enjoy my game (and my Sims do too ), that's all that matters.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Test Subject
#13 Old 25th Oct 2014 at 3:41 AM
I would highly recommend the Time Control Clock (in fact I would consider it a must-have in my game.)

I agree completely with OP…game time moves way too fast normally, especially when it takes sims like 30 min to take a shower, eat breakfast or even to just walk downstairs.

With the time control clock you can set it to a more comfortable pace… so your sims can actually enjoy their day as opposed to just running around in a panic constantly trying to get everything done (reminds me too much of real life).

I use it constantly in every household, and I've never experienced any of the problems mentioned in this thread (the carpool and postal carrier show up just fine.)

Keep in mind…you can click on it at anytime to change the game speed, so if you want sims to sleep the normal amount of in-game hours, just set it 100% (default speed) before they go to bed. Put the clock on their nightstand even. (Or if you forget, just use their sethour cheat when they wake up.) If you're afraid of missing the carpool, just slow or freeze time when it arrives, then set it back once they hop in the car.

OP, based on what you stated I think you should at least try the Time Control clock, and update us with your thoughts on it.