Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#51 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:23 PM
If that's the guy bound up in spider web, kill him as soon as he falls out. Also you will find the game has some very annoying quests and people who should not be killed because it likes giving moral dilemmas. I always play until I get Lydia and then go free lance.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#52 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 10:25 PM
No, Talgsar is the bard that you can sometimes find wandering around the wilderness.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Alchemist
Original Poster
#53 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:31 PM
Yeah, he was hanging out on a ridge, minding his own business, when I tried practicing my archery skills on him. He started talking as he died, and I noticed he had a name when I was searching his stuff, so I googled him.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#54 Old 15th Sep 2016 at 11:33 PM
Whatever you do, don't kill a chicken. Random people okay-chickens not. If you want to try killing a chicken save the game before you do so you can reload lol.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#55 Old 16th Sep 2016 at 7:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Whatever you do, don't kill a chicken. Random people okay-chickens not. If you want to try killing a chicken save the game before you do so you can reload lol.

Another thing to take note of is that all those sweet fuzzy forest creatures can tell the guards when you've been up to no good.
It doesn't happen often to me ('cause I'm an angel and all that jazz ), but if it sounds concerning to you, this mod may help: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/68125/?

A fool and his money are soon parted. ~ Thomas Tusser
Mad Poster
#56 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 9:41 AM
Also, if you ride around on the horses, be careful. They're pretty sturdy....unless you drop five feet, and then they instantly die.

Well, most of the time.

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#57 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:16 AM
Ah love those Bethesda bugs.

[not]

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#58 Old 17th Sep 2016 at 11:18 AM
I lost two horses that way, never bothered with one again.

I love how sims 3 themed thread turned into a Skyrim one, says it all really.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#59 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 9:05 AM
On my Khajiit character, I once received a letter...from myself. Thanking me for "taking care of" myself.

I've also encountered mammoths falling from the sky, nobles wandering around dwemer ruins, and the horse cart at the beginning of the game flipping out and spinning in circles.

Theorist
#60 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 5:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Ah love those Bethesda bugs.

[not]

They are still not as bad as EA bugs.

I love how sims 3 themed thread turned into a Skyrim one, says it all really.

It's really kind of sad actually; as a longtime Simmer I really thought that I'd go on to buy, love and play every iteration of the Sims. But, somehow EA just ruined it, and now I no longer buy any of the games they distribute.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#61 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 6:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PenelopeT
They are still not as bad as EA bugs.

I have to say that's not true. Bethesda bugs are epic. I've spent far more time on boards working out how to deal with them than I ever did with Sims - or Mass Effect for that matter (another EA game).

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Theorist
#62 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 10:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I have to say that's not true. Bethesda bugs are epic. I've spent far more time on boards working out how to deal with them than I ever did with Sims - or Mass Effect for that matter (another EA game).

Guess I cannot be objective when it comes to EA. Though, my experience with Bethesda games has been far better than the experience with EA games. Now, with that said, outside of the Sims and a few other older games, I play all others in console platform (Xbox, PS3 or PS4) instead of PC...so that might be the difference.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#63 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:00 PM
Did anyone ever have a bug with the mages college and where that amulet thing would not work on opening the passage? I had to reload that place due to stupid Lydia trying to kill the old guy and after that it didn't work on that game.

That's true Penelope, I would love to be able to rush out and buy up a new sims game version, like I used to do with new sims 2 EP's.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#64 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:25 PM
I think I did on my first playthrough and used console commands to get around it.

I constantly threw the snooty high elf dude off the College of Winterhold with fus ro dah. He always survived. Nobody cared, either.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#65 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:43 PM
If he shapes shifts into a chicken they would care...

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#66 Old 18th Sep 2016 at 11:58 PM
I have a mod installed that actually turns guards into a sweetroll if they say "Let me guess, someone stole your sweetroll?" It's great.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#67 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:37 AM
Lol, never seen that one.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#68 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:44 AM
Here you go:
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/28001/?

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#69 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:47 AM
There's no image though, post a picture at some point hmm. Sounds funny.
I can't add any more mods unless I uninstall all my old mod manager since new mods don't seem to like it and I'm too lazy to overhaul the whole thing.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#70 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 12:50 AM
Are you using the Nexus Mod Manager or Mod Organizer? I think you have to change a setting in MO to get the Nexus mods to download correctly.

EDIT: Okay, went in and poked at my settings. If you're using MO, go to Settings, then the Workaround tab, and set NMM version to 0 .52 .3

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#71 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 1:05 AM
Did anyone ever have a bug with the mages college and where that amulet thing would not work on opening the passage? I had to reload that place due to stupid Lydia trying to kill the old guy and after that it didn't work on that game.

I remember reading page after page on that one. I don't really get on with Skyrim which is partly why I was so surprised I loved Fallout.

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#72 Old 19th Sep 2016 at 2:43 AM
I'm using some old form of Beta Nexus Mod Manager. When I open it it says 0.61.23 is available, but it never works. I think it wants me to uninstall it all and reinstall and I'm just too worried I will lose my old mods. I pretty much have it set up how I like, there was one newer mod I would have liked but I'm loath to touch anything.

Well I just died really hard at Valthume where the five or so of them are. Level 7 is not quite strong enough. They even chased me way back into the room full of coffins.

~Call me Jo~
Alchemist
Original Poster
#73 Old 22nd Sep 2016 at 1:25 PM
For anyone who was thinking about buying it, Steam is having a major TS3 sale. The base game is $5 and the expansions are also $5 each. So, I'm going to get it after all. The game is so pretty that I can get $5 of enjoyment from the scenery alone.
Page 3 of 3