Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:21 PM
Default Sims 2 community still the best and most giving of all gaming communities
I play a lot of video games, like a lot. And I tend to read up on the forums pretty consistently, but no matter which game communities I join I still find the TS2 community to be extremely helpful, kind, mature (some times), humble, and extremely charitable. I wonder why that is?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:29 PM Last edited by gazania : 20th Sep 2016 at 8:39 PM.
I think it depends of the mix of people on the individual forums. Although there are some problems on MTS (we're human, as far as I know, and can get as disagreeable and annoyed as anyone else), many of us regulars have seen each other around for years. I joined in March of 2006, and still see a few recognizable names here after all this time. So in short, while the mix here isn't perfect (not even remotely ... tempers flare here too, and I miss quite a few long-term members who have left due to disagreements), there are certain other Sims 2 forums where you would be best advised to watch your step.

I did not write this first, and sorry I can't remember who did, but the age mix of the players here might help as well. This is really a generalization, but for the most part, I do not see older people being overly patronizing, or younger ones thinking we old farts are insignificant. We inspire each other and bring much to this game, and that's pretty cool.

Also, EA's constant effort to downplay this series has lead to a smaller but determined number of players who do not consider this game obsolete and truly are attached to it. I think a couple of us like to extend a rude gesture toward EA from time to time. The game itself and the creative potential that still unfolds now helps the mood on the forums, too. We haven't tried everything yet. And one way we know to keep this game alive is to help those who sincerely ask for it.

Thanks to ALL free-site creators, admins and mods.

RIP Sunni ... truly a ray of light.
Link Ninja
#3 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:55 PM
As the game gets older and older we band more and more together. Sims 2 comrades and whatnot. I feel like also it's kept alive by the cc creators, they make new things all the time and it's made the game even greater to play, new aspects to play etc. Sims 2 is so very interesting because it can be played a million different ways and we come here and exchange our unique experiences to inspire even more gameplay or get ideas from our comrades and I think a lot of it has to to with the average age of the forum member here specifically too.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
Original Poster
#4 Old 20th Sep 2016 at 8:58 PM
Personally the fact that creators of CC continue to create as an outlet for their artistic frustrations. or simply just to garner a fan base, or just because it's fun. Whatever the reason, I find myself constantly humbled by their hard work, dedication, and giving nature. Sometimes people create and create even if nobody thanks them or gives them any kind of recognition, I find those people truly magnificent.