Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Banned
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2011 at 11:19 AM
Default hello
any active members on this group
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 17th Mar 2011 at 3:26 PM
I wonder the same thing. I have been looking everywhere for a medieval sims forum or group. I see themed sets, objects, clothes, etc. But no actual groups. Would be nice to socialize with others who play a medieval game.
Banned
Original Poster
#3 Old 18th Mar 2011 at 10:06 AM
i have played on many medieval games.
Test Subject
#4 Old 19th Mar 2011 at 6:42 PM
I play my medieval hood so much I'm thinking of making it my main hood style. I also have a medieval blog. I just updated it today. You can check it out if you like. It's here. http://newcornwall.wordpress.com/
Banned
Original Poster
#5 Old 20th Mar 2011 at 8:34 PM
if you want my advice, to make your medieval clothes better or to get more of them. browse mod the sims, garden of shadows, the medieval smithy, kingdom of lothree, sapphire sims or just type into a search enginee sims 2 medieval clothes or medieval sims 2.
Theorist
#6 Old 30th Mar 2011 at 7:19 PM
HI!
I love all medieval things...
Banned
Original Poster
#7 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:30 AM
that is good. do you have the sims medieval?
Theorist
#8 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 2:21 PM
Yes I have and love!
Banned
Original Poster
#9 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 10:00 PM
i like the sims medieval alot apart from one little thing. i do not like the stupid timie thingie i did not like it on sims 3 and i do not like on medieval but i can put up with it. i have just got my king married and have a child with my knight sim and i have three kingdoms which is fun.

i think ea should evier make a stuff pack for the sims medieval or a expasion pack cos i think they could do more with it if they put the minds to it.
Theorist
#10 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 10:19 PM
It was fantastic if they made an expansion!
In this game just bothers me they take a long time to arrive somewhere...
Banned
Original Poster
#11 Old 31st Mar 2011 at 11:38 PM
i know and they can't run anyway they can limp and walk how stupid is that.
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 3:42 PM
Medieval is so.. so.... mystical....
I mean.... Great Britan in the year when Elizebeth I and Mary Queen Of Scots were here were just..... just.... Blabery....!
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:22 PM
Greetings and hello to all - thank you to Nightwitch for the group invite, and hello to all the other members here
Glad to be part of a Medieval group - the medieval age is one of my fave historical times..
I agree that if they don an expansion (fingers corssed they will), they need to make the Sims either walk faster, have the option to make them run - or give them horses!
I think there's a lot of scope and untouched ground for an expansion, so I look forward to what they come up with

...Titanium white...
Banned
Original Poster
#14 Old 1st Apr 2011 at 4:29 PM
your welcome and i'm glad your happy adout being a member
Instructor
#15 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 11:44 PM
Greetings, all. And thank you, nightwitch, for the invitation. I haven't done much with Sims Medieval other than fool about with it on a friend's PC, but I have an enormous thirst for history, and was a very active member of the SCA for 2 decades. I also played a LOT of D&D when I was young (from the original 1974 rules, no less), so anything medieval, high fantasy, or having to do with axes, swords and mail immediately has my attention.

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Eminence Grise
#16 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 1:38 AM
Hi folks, thanks for the invite

I've been playing TSM fairly intensively, and am keeping a close eye on mods for that game. Also, I have a lot of background in RPGs -- many of which are set in a pseudo-medieval environment -- but am not a special expert of any sort in the historical middle ages :-)

Happy to hang out here though and see what's going on!
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 6:18 AM
OH! I didn't know you could have groups on this site? Sweet! Thanks so much for inviting me! I feel special. haha. So I think I've played the game for around 20 hours total since I got it. I try to give myself a break every now & then since when I play, I play for like, 6 hours straight. My finance thinks I'm nuts O.0 whichever, whatever XD

I LOVE Medieval Stuff! Which is probably why the only other game I play is Dragon Age :P
Banned
Original Poster
#18 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:24 AM
your welcome. i also play dragon age well excalety i am playing dragon age 2 as a level 17 mage.
Instructor
#19 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 11:41 AM
WoW is my guilty pleasure. But if you are looking for medieval accuracy, that ain't it.

Now, I have a question...I only messed about with Sims Medieval for 15 or 20 minutes, so I do not know a heck of a lot about the game except what I have seen on the tv spots and heard from others. How does it compare to something like a standard video game such as Assassin's Creed? I would imagine that the violence is played down and done in the typical "cartoonish" manner of other Sims games, but aside from the tongue in cheek approach, does it play well? Or is it just overtly silly?

From Simonut: Here is my take on if Sims 2 is losing popularity or not, If you offer or give a monkey a banana will he take it even if the banana is green or yellow ? Whatever new games EA put out there like the Sims3 some human somewhere will buy it.
Banned
Original Poster
#20 Old 6th Apr 2011 at 12:56 PM
well it is like sims 3 in many senses of the term but in my mind it is better. compared to assassins creed there is not much violence in the sims medieval un like assasins creed. quality is differnet and to de honest the graphics quality is better on assassins creed. does play well? urmm yes and no it depends on the computer cos i installed it on my laptop and it was awful to play on. assassins creed is better than the sims medieval deacuse one you do not have wait ages to bulid anything, two you can kill more things on it and three and this is the most important at least you know how to play on it with out looking at the game guide speaking of the game guide it is not as well informed as some other game guides for the other sims games and it dose'nt tell you how to make stuff like moustache wax.

the lessons on the game are of some use but not much and the tutroil is not one of the dest throught ideas mainly cos you cannot save it. it would have deen better if they had a turtoil kingdom.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 5:51 AM
Hey, thanks for the invite, Nightwitch. I'm playing TSM non-stop since I got it on Day 1. I'm disabled and don't work, so I'm pretty much playing night and day...

The Sims are the only computer games I have ever played since I really don't like the games my hubby plays which have nothing but shooting and killing. I prefer the much more family friendly, dollhouse style of the sims. But I constantly have played medievalish/hobbitish hoods in S2 and S3, even going so far as to use the dirt road mods and no car mods.

I LOVE TSM and really don't foresee going back to TS3 for quite a while. I hope EA comes out with expansions. I'd love to see faster ways to get around and horses...but I don't think they'd ever make the animations for horses. As I've said before TSM has all the features I love in Fable but not all the beheadings, although I do love that knight and warrior type sims can kill someone on occasion. I just wish there were more controls for the duels and availability of dueling and fighting for all types of heroes.

Cheers!
Test Subject
#22 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 8:15 AM
Thanks for the invite Nightwitch :3
Hello to all! I got the Sims Medieval the day it came out, and have already beat the main Ambition, and when I started a new Kingdom....I realized I was doing all of the same quests.
Boo. So until more mods come out with more quests, I'll be going back to the Sims 3 to try out more medieval style buildings. :P
Test Subject
#23 Old 7th Apr 2011 at 3:05 PM
Why, thank you for the invitation, Nightwitch, and ahoy to everyone,
I've been a chronic Simsaholic since I first lay my paws on the very first very vanilla The Sims (oh my, I feel my age) but so far this Sims hit closest to home.
Medieval setting combined with them Simmies!
The humour is astounding. The graphic would be cutting edge... were my machine up to date XD. Shift+click works like a charm... Wait... Whatever.
Though I seriously miss the diversity of objects and customization options of the 3rd series.
And horses... ... ... A medieval game without a mention of them (not counting the one horned goat and the statues). Hrr... Nothing I won't live without.
So yeah, pretty much hooked up on it :3
Field Researcher
#24 Old 17th Apr 2011 at 6:25 AM
Hello thanx for the invite. have a few medieval uploads, but am working on some more that I will hopefully be uploading soon. *pokes siggy*