Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Jun 2018 at 10:05 PM Last edited by Simmortality : 6th Oct 2019 at 3:45 PM.
Default I'm doing a LEPacy, and you can join in on all the fun! :D
Hey Simmers!

Nice to see you here! Two weeks ago I found a pretty interesting challenge that I hadn't stumbled upon before. It's called a LEPacy or EP Legacy and the point is to play through 12 generations, unlocking a new EP to add to your game with every single one of them. So that's what I'm doing right now, I started a new game with only the base game (and stuff packs) installed. This is gonna be fun.

My starter Sim is (very creatively) called Emily Sims, and I plan on keeping that last name during the whole legacy. The most important things to know about her are probably that she wants to have 5 children and she really loves strawberries. Not joking here, it's not only the dress!

But the best thing is, I'm taking you with me on that journey, so you can share all those beautiful emotions with me! (Probably mostly deep frustration, but who knows?)

Without further rambling, let's get to the point! The first few episodes are out already, and I will keep you posted. If you have thoughts on this, please let me know! I'm happy to read your comments - I want to get better at this!

You'll find my channel here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCo...VNno1umMp5-NJIQ

And here you'll find a full playlist of my LEPacy series: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?li...MXcS61FZb7bSV27

Episode 1:

Episode 2:

Episode 3:

If you made it this far - thank you! I hope you enjoy my videos
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 11:32 AM
You are very brave for doing this, I could never play without either mods or EPs (and certainly not both) I remember how bummed I was when I installed only the base game many years ago, I got bored of the game so quickly. The game only really feels complete to me with most of the EPs and some essential mods. Well, at least you have the stuff packs so you're not limited to five hairstyles or whatever.
Sorry, I'm rambling; I watched all 3 episodes and found it enjoyable, waiting for more! You have a pleasant recording voice too. Are you german? I think you're german. I'm german.

I think Leighton Sekemoto would be a great husband for her, they share 2 or 3 traits I believe. He's the single dad of a toddler though. The only other fitting Sunset Valley men I can think of are Connor Frio and Stiles McSomething, not a whole lot of people in SV!
Cooking for the first time with a new sim is truly exciting. That's why mine only eat sandwiches, autumn salad, and cereal for breakfast until they have a skill point or two.

I think 20-30 min for an episode is good, the last one was a bit short. But I'll watch it anyway, if it's too long for me I can always pause and come back later.

Quote: Originally posted by Alice1994
and she really loves strawberries.

Those are some strange looking strawberries :p
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 20th Jun 2018 at 7:10 PM
Default Cherries XD
Quote: Originally posted by Nocriel
Those are some strange looking strawberries :p

Omg you're right, I meant cherries, of course!
You're also right about me being german! I hope the accent is not too strong, though.

I'm happy you liked my first episodes, and I agree on the last one being too short. The 4th is better! It's out now:
Forum Resident
#4 Old 21st Jun 2018 at 4:35 AM
I have enjoyed the first two episodes so far, and am continuing.
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 11:16 AM
Oooh, that try for baby rejection on first date was almost physically painful Also @13:27 "now she can be completely relaxed" immediately followed by a freakout I normally don't like/subscribe LP channels because I don't want Youtube to bombard me with recommedations to other LP/gaming vids I'm not interested in, but I'll see to it that I figure out my YT account for that, probably more appropriate to comment there directly than here in the thread. Hope you keep this series up!
Question tiiime: What lifespan do you play on? Will you move new generations into a new town, maybe build them an EP-themed house?
Theorist
#6 Old 22nd Jun 2018 at 3:27 PM
This is a very clever idea and you've done a great job so far! I think this sort of game play might make the game more interesting and challenging if people are bored with it. Sometimes the more stuff you have the less you use. This gives you the push to use items only in those eps.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 25th Jun 2018 at 8:37 PM
I know that Nocriel is commenting on YT now instead, but maybe others are interested in the answers as well. I play on a slightly altered "normal" lifespan, somewhere between 85 and 80 days. That's what has worked best for me so far. As for the second question, yes, I actually plan to play every generation in the neighbourhood that came with that very pack. Though I haven't decided yet where to play in the second generation for example, as there came no new world with world adventures. I'm thinking about it.

@HCAC Yes, that's what I think, too. I gotta say, after playing almost 9 years of the Sims 3 I'm really looking for new adventures!
Unfortunately I don't like Sims 4, so... I'll stick to the game that I love And thanks for your nice words, means a lot and keeps me motivated

Oh, and btw, new episode out now! :D
Forum Resident
#8 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 1:30 PM
I was amused that you kept sending Emily to the gym to hunt for dates. That's the only place I ever send my Sims when partner-fishing..:D
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#9 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 4:52 PM
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#10 Old 27th Jun 2018 at 5:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smellincoffee
I was amused that you kept sending Emily to the gym to hunt for dates. That's the only place I ever send my Sims when partner-fishing..:D

Haha, I usually send them to the park or the library, I don't know why I kept sending her there! Probably because there were so many guys the first time we went there... xDDD
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 1:17 PM
Congrats to Emily and Connor Now excuse me, please, I gotta plan a wedding...

Forum Resident
#12 Old 14th Aug 2018 at 12:59 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Alice1994
Congrats to Emily and Connor Now excuse me, please, I gotta plan a wedding...

Yay! You're back!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#13 Old 6th May 2019 at 8:04 PM
It's been quite some time, but I finally got around to play again with Connor & Emily! Unfortunately I messed up the game sound during the last recording session, though >.<
I also feel like my accent got stronger during 11 & 12, but maybe that was just because I was kinda nervous? 😅

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#14 Old 17th Jul 2019 at 8:14 PM
I'm so bad at updating this thread regularly, sorry for that! But Emily & Connor experienced quite a bit since the last post, so here are the new episodes:

Episode 13

Episode 14

Episode 15

Episode 16

Episode 17

Episode 18

Episode 19

Episode 20

Episode 21
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 18th Jul 2019 at 8:25 PM
You're back! I didn't even notice because I was on a sims hiatus myself, sorry. But awesome, I'm glad you didn't abandon this project! I have some catching up to do!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Sep 2019 at 3:59 PM
Ok turns out I'm crap at updating this thread, but I'm willing to improve lol

Thank you @Nocriel for sticking around anyway!

There have been some new episodes coming out so here you go:

Epsiode 22

Episode 23

Episode 24

Epsiode 25

Episode 26

Episode 27

Episode 28

Episode 29

Episode 30

Episode 31

Episode 32

[Not really an episode, but we needed a new house for this challenge so here is the speedbuild:]

Episode 33

An that's it for today, I'll try to come here more regularly! :D
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#17 Old 6th Oct 2019 at 3:42 PM
WE'VE REACHED THE SECOND GENERATION! As you can probably tell I'm super duper exited about finally playing the Sims 3 World Adventures. I also wanna say thanks to all those people who comment on these videos and share their awesome ideas, you really make this series so much better with all your crazy creativity! <3

Episode 34:

Episode 35:

Episode 36:

Episode 37:

Episode 38:

Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#18 Old 16th Oct 2019 at 1:07 PM
New episodes out!

Episode 39

Episode 40
Senior Moderator
staff: senior moderator
#19 Old 21st Oct 2019 at 2:03 PM
Hi there!
I just wanted to say that I recently started watching this series and I'm hooked! There's definitely a shortage of sims 3 let's plays out there so I am so glad you're doing this. Your voice is also really nice to listen to which makes it super easy to watch
I hope you keep going with it!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#20 Old 14th Dec 2019 at 12:56 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zoe22
Hi there!
I just wanted to say that I recently started watching this series and I'm hooked! There's definitely a shortage of sims 3 let's plays out there so I am so glad you're doing this. Your voice is also really nice to listen to which makes it super easy to watch
I hope you keep going with it!

Oh thank you! It feels so nice to know that people are enjoying this series, so thanks a lot for your feedback! ^.^

I got some updates for you today, and a loooot has happened. (Sorry for being so incredibly bad at updating this thread lol)
Enjoy!

Episode 41

Episode 42

Episode 43

Episode 44

Episode 45

Episode 46

Episode 47

Episode 48

Episode 49

Episode 50

Episode 51