Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 5:04 PM
Default A Mod For Anew Life Stage
Okay I know this would probably be a huge mod that would take a long time to make but I really wish there was a mod for the sims 3 for a new life stage between child and teen, like tween where tweens could have a little romantic interaction with eachother, cook some meals, and get acne and stuff. I think it would be really cool to play with that awkward stage of life in the sims 3.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:46 PM
it's one of the longest existing demands in the community (also present for some extend in the Sim2 players group), though I personally think it would just add the mess without any big value benefits, and fracture the whole sims' life stages a bit too much. YA were needed, "pre/semi-"teens, not really. Even if we (I suppouse) all are aware of a big difference between 11-y old and 16, not mentioning 19, while each one is technicaly "a teen".
And it become an oversensitive topic, also.

But it's a personal judgement, not a (or in such case: "the") Revelation.

with Grow [modthesims.info/download.php?t=490536] you can simulate, well... "grow"-ing, a bit tinkering in Nraas SP will allow you to exclude some not desireable for pre-teen behaviours. Whichever you shall deem as that.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Mad Poster
#3 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:56 PM
I don't think it's technically possible, either. At least not to the same extent as existing life stages. At best, Children would age up into Teens and have to be aged down manually, and they'd share all their clothes and other assets with either age category.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#4 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 9:14 PM
Besides, you can role-play a tween with well... a teen. Use your imagination

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 9:16 PM Last edited by igazor : 31st Aug 2018 at 1:13 AM.
I don't believe this is possible either. There is a limit to what mods, even Core Mods of which there are only 6 in popular usage for TS3, can do. Am pretty sure that age stages and life states (new occults for example) are beyond the reach of any kind of mod. Think of custom traits, something also often requested, as a more mild example. These are at least possible without a Core Mod, but they are so complicated to make that we hardly ever see any of those either -- outside of AwesomeMod there have been I think two and one of them is now outdated and shouldn't be attempted on current patch levels.

What this would really take is a patch by way of EA, in much the same way that toddlers were added for all players to TS4. But of course we're not really likely to see EA working any such thing for TS3 I'm afraid.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:14 PM
Huh. Well, I never considered an new life stage between teen and child. I'd like personality "sliders" - Interovert to extrovert, Maybe the five axis of DSM-IV. Pretty sure that implementing such a scheme in C# it will give you a mental disorder tho.
So, I'm just waiting for NRAAS Chemistry, which I've never heard of, of course, and seeing what Chain Reaction comes up with besides brown hair and young adults. This has the potential to be epic.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 10:37 PM
Yeah it would be neat to have traits expressed in values, rather than as a binary thing. Instead of being 100% a Social Butterfly or 100% Shy, a Sim could be given a rating from 1 to 10 based on how outgoing we think they should be. Basically what the first 2 games did, only exactly the same.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Theorist
#8 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:04 PM
A height slider mod is the best way to go imo. More life stages would just over complicate things, after all, they don’t exist in real life.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by tizerist
A height slider mod is the best way to go imo. More life stages would just over complicate things, after all, they don’t exist in real life.

A height slider would be the devil's work for animations. Each animation would have to be done for a different heights.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Emmett Brown
A height slider would be the devil's work for animations. Each animation would have to be done for a different heights.

Not necessarily, if Sim bones could be "locked" to the target. One Sim's lips could be rigged to line up with another's when kissing. When some of my taller Sims lie down, their knees bend because their feet are locked to a certain position on the bed. And Sims look at one another, proving that it's possible to lock Sims' head rotation to the relative position of another Sim's head within a certain range.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#12 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 3:59 AM
There have been tons of discussion like this on the EA forums over the years. I don't believe the OP means adult romance actions, but more like childhood crushes. If we must progress to the physical, then perhaps holding hands affectionately (with each other, not with older sims). But regardless of how innocent, the game core kind of is what it is.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 7:38 AM
Oh geez... now I'm kind of hoping EA doesn't ever include the tween lifestage in future Sims games. I mean, before, I was neither for, nor against it, but now...

What if someone makes a Sims {Insert number after 4} mod that's the equivalent of the woohooer's teen-adult romance, but with tween-adult?

Oh no. PLEASE NO.
Screenshots
Scholar
#16 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 9:11 AM
Creating a new life stages is almost impossible for a modder. But it is possible to make it so children that have finished about half of their life span to act like how you describe. Having crushes on Actresses, boy bands and getting acnes. Pair this with a height slider mod and you got something.

I like this about Toddlers. In the beginning Toddlers are just larger babies but then they grow by learning to walk and talk and playing with the toys and being read books. Becoming more like a kindergartener aged child.

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Scholar
#17 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 2:24 PM
...and here we are again...

guys I'm ready to make Katy Perry Sweet Treats wallpapers and I won't hesitate to use it. Or worse.

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
#18 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 4:54 PM
I used to think I wanted more life stages like one for pre-teens and preschoolers. But technically, that's already possible in TS3 through either the toddler, child or teen life stages depending where one would place their version of pre-teens. Plus with sliders. Otherwise, the solution would have been gradual aging and height.

My current age setup I have pre-teens and preschoolers under the child category Children (5-12). Anyway, for children crushes, there are quite a few interactions already available. To name some.
-Gifting flowers, etc
-Hug
-Push on the swing
-Play pretend
-Take photo/ take photo with

I have seen Jodie (8) and Cairo (7) autonomously hug each other and have even seen wishes from both of them specifically to hug each other or just hang out. The AI for this life stage do indeed have crushes which is something I never knew before. If you actually pay attention to how your Sims are behaving, taking notes of wishes along with their dream/speech/thought bubbles you'll get a clear idea who likes who, if anyone at all. I'm quite curious as to how things will turn out once they age up to teens.
Scholar
#19 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Deshong
I used to think I wanted more life stages like one for pre-teens and preschoolers. But technically, that's already possible in TS3 through either the toddler, child or teen life stages depending where one would place their version of pre-teens. Plus with sliders. Otherwise, the solution would have been gradual aging and height.

My current age setup I have pre-teens and preschoolers under the child category Children (5-12). Anyway, for children crushes, there are quite a few interactions already available. To name some.
-Gifting flowers, etc
-Hug
-Push on the swing
-Play pretend
-Take photo/ take photo with

I have seen Jodie (8) and Cairo (7) autonomously hug each other and have even seen wishes from both of them specifically to hug each other or just hang out. The AI for this life stage do indeed have crushes which is something I never knew before. If you actually pay attention to how your Sims are behaving, taking notes of wishes along with their dream/speech/thought bubbles you'll get a clear idea who likes who, if anyone at all. I'm quite curious as to how things will turn out once they age up to teens.

Wow those look great. Are there any noticable animation clipping?

If you like my mods. Consider supporting me on Patreon
Check out my website for updates on my mods and other work PuddingFace.wixsite.com
Check out my Youtube channel for tutorials(modding tutorials) and other content Youtube

Follow me on Twitter Instagram Pinterest Tumblr
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#20 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 6:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace

Usually with either short sims or tall sims interact with normal size sims, there can be some clipping. Especially touching interactions such as hugging, and romantic interactions clip with adults too.

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Mad Poster
#21 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 8:08 PM
Now that I see we're all talking about whether it should be possible for under-13s to have romantic feelings towards one another, I feel it's the perfect time to remind everyone that at age 7, I made out with a girl for a solid 10 minutes and liked it. A lot.

The only thing that should remain open to interpretation is why I haven't been able to pull it off since. I'm very handsome, you know, for someone as average-looking as myself.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#22 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 9:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
...I made out with a girl for a solid 10 minutes and liked it. A lot.
The only thing that should remain open to interpretation is why I haven't been able to pull it off since.

I'm the last person in the world to be offering such advice for many reasons. But there may well be an element of subtlety lacking in your chosen technique there.
Forum Resident
#23 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 10:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PuddingFace

Thanks. I think animation clipping will always be an issue, especially if doing extreme height differences unless both Sims have the exact height.

But it shouldn't be too difficult to take a screenshot in a way that you can barely tell, if at all. I like the difference in height more than without now that I've gotten adjusted to it.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 31st Aug 2018 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gargoyle Cat
It is Labor Day weekend here in the US.

Interesting, something I've never heard of. So what kind of holiday is it then, one where you celebrate working hard, by not working at all? Or one where you celebrate not having to work because it's the weekend? Over here we have the latter, only we have it 52 times a year.

insert signature here
Mad Poster
#25 Old 1st Sep 2018 at 12:23 AM Last edited by igazor : 1st Sep 2018 at 12:46 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
Interesting, something I've never heard of. So what kind of holiday is it then, one where you celebrate working hard, by not working at all? Or one where you celebrate not having to work because it's the weekend? Over here we have the latter, only we have it 52 times a year.

It's a celebration of the American Labor Movement. The Sims' representation of it by way of Leisure Day in Seasons is more than a bit silly.

This is something I've never understood though. We have a (now former) colleague at NRaas from your country who was always complaining that we Americans are so difficult to work with because we're always taking holidays and shutting our workplaces down. We have 10 federal holidays, the same as most industrialized countries. Except for Christmas and New Years, they just don't match up with yours exactly for historical reasons. He seemed to think that we all have paid days off for Halloween, April Fools, Mothers Day, National Pickle Appreciation Day...maybe he was joking, but where in the world does this reputation come from? If I told my employer I was taking off for Halloween or April Fools Day and demanded to be paid for it, I wouldn't have much of a job to come back to afterwards.
Page 1 of 2