Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th Dec 2014 at 3:45 PM
Default Game not loading after the last patch installed
Dear all,

After installing the latest patch and the christmas package via origin I am not able to load a saved game anymore.

The screen shows up where I am able to chose a certain houshold. When I click on the "play with household"- icon there is a short sequence of the loading screen. Then the game always returns to the menu in which you can chose a household.
This happens with all saved games....

Does anybody know how to handle this problem? I am quite lost here.

Greetings
Katzentanja
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 9:49 AM
Well, after spending all night :-) I finally made it.
Maybe it is useful for other users, if I post it here.
After I have restored one of the backup saves marked with versions 1-5, etc.in the EA-Folder, the game is working fine again.

Greetings
Katzentanja
Field Researcher
#3 Old 19th Dec 2014 at 11:51 AM
Thanks for telling us.
Many people have a problem, even get answers - and never tell if it worked, and/or don't thank for the advices.
Test Subject
#4 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:01 PM
I'm having this problem it started after i downloaded some more mods though, how do i restore the backup saves? (I'm very new to mods etc..)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 6:04 PM
I finally removed my save folder, and mods folder, then un-installed my game and re-installed it. Ran it once, then inserted my mods and save folders back into the game, and haven't had a problem so far. Took awhile, but it worked.
Test Subject
#6 Old 21st Dec 2014 at 7:07 PM
I'm currently reinstalling my game on my own laptop instead of my boyfriends so fingers crossed it will continue to work I fixed it by resetting to factory settings!
(copy sims 4 folder save in another file then rename the ea/sims4 file sims4_backup and loaded the game!)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by vanessahuckeby
I finally removed my save folder, and mods folder, then un-installed my game and re-installed it. Ran it once, then inserted my mods and save folders back into the game, and haven't had a problem so far. Took awhile, but it worked.

Yes, that is what I had to do, too. The game seemed to be o.k. after the re-install, but when I played a while and wanted my family to move, the game crashed again which means, that the town screen appeared again. I still can not load my family.

I read in an EA help forum, that they plan to release an update within the next 24 hours. We will see....
Scholar
#8 Old 23rd Dec 2014 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katzentanja
Yes, that is what I had to do, too. The game seemed to be o.k. after the re-install, but when I played a while and wanted my family to move, the game crashed again which means, that the town screen appeared again. I still can not load my family.

I read in an EA help forum, that they plan to release an update within the next 24 hours. We will see....

I hope you get your game sorted out. As for me I took out my mods folder, saves and tray folder updated my game then I ran the game and played a generic family.

After saving and exiting I then re-added my mods folder, saves and tray folders then started the game.
I have played for 3 real life hours and moved my family 3 times and have not had any crashes.

I am unsure what could be causing your issue. I even downloaded some houses and put them in my game and then moved an older family in to it and still no crash.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 27th Dec 2014 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mummy_001
I hope you get your game sorted out. As for me I took out my mods folder, saves and tray folder updated my game then I ran the game and played a generic family.

After saving and exiting I then re-added my mods folder, saves and tray folders then started the game.
I have played for 3 real life hours and moved my family 3 times and have not had any crashes.

I am unsure what could be causing your issue. I even downloaded some houses and put them in my game and then moved an older family in to it and still no crash.

You can read in the EA Help Forum, that many many more people have this problem. It has been submitted to Maxis and has to do with the latest update.
I hope they will work on it...
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Dec 2014 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Katzentanja
You can read in the EA Help Forum, that many many more people have this problem. It has been submitted to Maxis and has to do with the latest update.
I hope they will work on it...

Yea, I had the problem happen again several days after the first time, and many many hours of play later. The 2nd time, no matter what I tried, I could not get it to work if I re-loaded my saved games.

I'm not very happy about losing the game I was playing as I was on "J" of an alphabet baby challenge with my 1st heir! and about to move into my 2nd generation to continue. I've kept my save files, just in case they get it fixed and I can go back in and restore them and continue with this family.