Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Aug 2016 at 11:54 PM
New college
I plan to make playable college neighbourhood with college, few rental houses and few community lots. I have in mind college, library, caffeteria and similar usual lots. I will inform you when I do which lot/building, but I would like to know if there is to say some kind of contest and if I want to post my work here, how to do that?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:19 AM
No contests are forthcoming anytime soon, and it's unlikely that they'd be for university campus design anyways, since there was just such a contest a year or so ago.

As far as posting your creation when it's finished, that's done through the "Create" tab at the top of the page. Also in that vein, while it's certainly not "forbidden" to have your first upload be a full neighborhood (or subhood, in this case), it's generally wisest to have a few individual lots posted first, so that you can get afeel ffor how the process goes on a smaller scale.

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 2:46 AM
I agree with Zar, for a first upload just try a single lot. The upload wizard is a bit of a learning curve.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#4 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 3:26 AM
And making a neighborhood for upload is a large, pernickity job - even if you don't populate it - because of the care you need to take to keep it corruption-free. But since you'll be making lots right along, you can get experience in building and uploading while you work on the neighborhood in the background.

To make a safe shareable subhood (such as a University) consult this tutorial by the late, great Mootilda: http://modthesims.info/t/420196

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 31st Aug 2016 at 9:13 AM
Please do take time to read the relevant Creator Guidelines and Screenshot Basics documents first. Reading these will help with getting anything you upload through the process quickly and without a 'Changes Required' notice. Good luck! I'm looking forward to seeing your 'hood take shape

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!