Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#26 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
People is going to pester @jadk1294 about square worlds like this, so a dt might be a good solution. It might just be too late though. OP might have built this on terrain that will be blow the dt.

Thanks so much for the help. However, Blue City (the one in birds-eye view with a compass) has distant terrain already, it just wouldn't show up on CAW from that height. I will have to edit in game and get a better photo to show the distant terrain. Also, nothing is set in stone, anyways. But I am currently satisfied, though I am quite intrigued on the idea of making my own distant terrain being simple In reality, I think that I am the one who is "simple"

I am assuming I will probably upload the worlds eventually. But for now, everything is in experimentation and still need lots of work in CAW. However, thanks everyone for the feedback and I'll likely move this thread to the other forum provided, soon. You guys are awesome and I'm flattered to be receiving suggestions and comments from such outstanding creators.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#27 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jadk1294
Thanks so much for the help. However, Blue City (the one in birds-eye view with a compass) has distant terrain already, it just wouldn't show up on CAW from that height. I will have to edit in game and get a better photo to show the distant terrain. Also, nothing is set in stone, anyways. But I am currently satisfied, though I am quite intrigued on the idea of making my own distant terrain being simple In reality, I think that I am the one who is "simple"

I am assuming I will probably upload the worlds eventually. But for now, everything is in experimentation and still need lots of work in CAW. However, thanks everyone for the feedback and I'll likely move this thread to the other forum provided, soon. You guys are awesome and I'm flattered to be receiving suggestions and comments from such outstanding creators.

As for Red City, I will need to break into it in CAW if I can, and I am interested in making this world un-square by using some distant terrain, if possible. Because i am also extremely pestered by it
Test Subject
Original Poster
#28 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jje1000
Definitely so, Boroughsburg's DT was specifically designed for the layout of that world (the layout came first, then the DT), and it likely wouldn't look good fitted into a world that's already been designed- I would suggest making a custom distant terrain- which is surprisingly easy to do!

Hi, thanks so much for the feedback!!! I am very interested in the possibility of making my own custom distant terrain easily... I would very much like to use the skyline/cityscape of Moscow, Russia, as distant terrain, for example. It is very visually appealing to me.

However, I would never know where to begin
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#29 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 11:52 PM
Guys, here is the link to the new thread in its proper place:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5455685

Thank you all so much for your help and I hope you can continue to provide some excellent advice and information!

Sincerely,
James
Test Subject
Original Poster
#30 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:58 AM
Guys, here is the link to the new thread in its proper place:

http://modthesims.info/showthread.p...d=1#post5455685

Thank you all so much for your help and I hope you can continue to provide some excellent advice and information!

Sincerely,
James

The new thread isn't working. It won't load any photos. I'll try and make another and post the link tomorrow.
dodgy builder
#31 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 8:53 AM
Do you use the attachment system from this site? It's much easier to do. Unless you have them uploaded somewhere else already.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Do you use the attachment system from this site? It's much easier to do. Unless you have them uploaded somewhere else already.

I believe so; I used the choose/upload files option and uploaded files from my computer. I only had this problem on my new thread, and after about four posts with incorrectly formatted images, I deleted the posts, and the website took down the rest of the images on the thread that actually uploaded successfully. So now that thread is basically useless. I don't know what I did incorrectly.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#33 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 2:48 PM
Default Photo
Happy Sunday, everyone. This is Dima from Red City.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#34 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 4:21 PM
The new thread isn't working. It won't load any photos. I'll try and make another and post the link tomorrow.

Okay, guys, that thread has been deleted by admin (thank goodness)! Today, after work, I will likely be making another thread/posting the link and I hope that all works out better this time with the uploads. Until then, thanks for everything!!! :D
Page 2 of 2