Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Transparent Floor Windows - Additional Glass Colors

by Bakie Posted 18th Mar 2016 at 2:23 PM - Updated 6th Jun 2016 at 6:47 PM by Bakie

39 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 20 Feedback Posts, 18 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 9:30 AM
What is the actual difference between these and the dance floors which are already in the game?
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 27th Feb 2017 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaxIntell
What is the actual difference between these and the dance floors which are already in the game?

Fist of all, you will get additional glass colors and besides that the option to dance on them is totally removed. The video will explain everything in more detail.

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
For a quick mod overview, take a look at my Profile page
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 18th Aug 2018 at 10:28 AM
Awesome! Thanks
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#29 Old 20th Aug 2018 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by aloneguy950
Awesome! Thanks

You're welcome

Curious at all the mods I made or want to learn how to make mods yourself? Take a look at my BakieGaming YouTube Channel
For the people who would like to support me some more, take a look at my: BakieGaming Patreon page
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 12:05 AM
Seriously awesome job with this mod! I'm sorry to bug you Scholar, but is there a way you can do a 1x1 version of this? There are just too many times the limited 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5 make ceilings/floors uneven with the window effect.

If not that's okay, and thank you so much again for the work you put into this.
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#31 Old 17th Oct 2018 at 8:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by tastefullyadult
Seriously awesome job with this mod! I'm sorry to bug you Scholar, but is there a way you can do a 1x1 version of this? There are just too many times the limited 3x3, 4x4, and 5x5 make ceilings/floors uneven with the window effect.
f not that's okay, and thank you so much again for the work you put into this.

Hello,
My versions are all unlocked from the Get Together Expansion Pack and as I can't mesh myself, I'm not able to make a 1x1 version.
What you can do instead, is using the new glass roofs. Your Sims won't be able to walk over them though.

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 8:47 AM
I've noticed that when the vanilla dance floor is placed on the top most floor/ceiling -with no roof over it- in the form of a skylight, they cause rain and snow to fall into the room below, because they act like the floor is gone where they were placed. Do these have the same issue?
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#33 Old 9th Dec 2018 at 10:50 AM Last edited by Inge Jones : 9th Dec 2018 at 11:06 AM.
Oh really? In previous games, floor cutting was purely graphical, the floor was still there - which is why transparent floors didn't let light in (I made some modded glass floors that incorporated window "fake" lighting to get around this in TS2). Now this makes me wonder whether, if someone modded a dance floor to allow it to raise and not have to snap to a floor grid, whether with the help of steps a sim could use it as a landing.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#34 Old 10th Dec 2018 at 8:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AyamePasse
I've noticed that when the vanilla dance floor is placed on the top most floor/ceiling -with no roof over it- in the form of a skylight, they cause rain and snow to fall into the room below, because they act like the floor is gone where they were placed. Do these have the same issue?

If the default dance floors let rain and snow go through, mine will too. Haven't changed anything to that part of the objectas far as I know.
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Oh really? In previous games, floor cutting was purely graphical, the floor was still there - which is why transparent floors didn't let light in (I made some modded glass floors that incorporated window "fake" lighting to get around this in TS2). Now this makes me wonder whether, if someone modded a dance floor to allow it to raise and not have to snap to a floor grid, whether with the help of steps a sim could use it as a landing.

I don't think you will be able to attach stairs to only a "dance floor", I think it always needs a floor underneath to be able to stand on top of it..

MTS2 Hot Pepper
THANKS POST
#35 Old 3rd Mar 2019 at 10:21 AM
thats what I am looking for now
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#36 Old 4th Mar 2019 at 7:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ailias
thats what I am looking for now

Well, it's good you found it then!

Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#37 Old 16th Jun 2020 at 11:01 PM
Thanks for the recolours!
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#38 Old 18th Jun 2020 at 1:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nightingale21
Thanks for the recolours!
You're welcome!

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 22nd Jan 2024 at 8:27 PM
tysm just what i was looking for
Top Secret Researcher
Original Poster
#40 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 9:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by belovedmc
tysm just what i was looking for
You're welcome

Page 2 of 2