Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:14 PM
Default Playing Hooky Shouldn't Be So Lame
The household I'm currently playing has one child sim who's friend frequently calls her to play hooky. Sounds fun, right? Well it would be, except for some reason her (also child age) friend likes to go to nightclubs and Ancient Ruins where there is nothing fun for kids to do. Why not parks? Pools? Their house even? It totally defeats the point and therefore, IMO, makes the concept useless.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Oct 2018 at 10:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Unsearchably
I don't play as kids. What's hooky?
Skipping/ditching.
Instructor
#4 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 1:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes
The household I'm currently playing has one child sim who's friend frequently calls her to play hooky. Sounds fun, right? Well it would be, except for some reason her (also child age) friend likes to go to nightclubs and Ancient Ruins where there is nothing fun for kids to do. Why not parks? Pools? Their house even? It totally defeats the point and therefore, IMO, makes the concept useless.

Because the game was designed to be about partying even for kids LOL

But on a serious note, this has bothered me so much. I always wondered why parks and pools weren't something suggested. It's automatically a nightclub (Which should have age restrictions aka no children and teens should have to option to sneak in but I digress) Or the ruins. The ancient ruins, if not seen as a party spot for adults, I can see how a kid would want to explore something like that but the other is just so inappropriate... And kids should be able to get caught and not that we have the parenthood parenting system disciplined for it.
Scholar
#5 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by harlequin_eyes

Lol I took the lot that's there and added some kid's equipment. Most of the time I don't bother playing hooky though. Now I have a small nightclub there that looks a lot like the ruins so it's cool.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 2:29 AM
In all my years of playing 3 I only had a family sim go somewhere on his/her own once. I noticed a child was not home from school. I checked and she had gone to a park on the other side of the world and was playing in the treehouse. At least she went somewhere that made sense.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 7th Oct 2018 at 11:43 PM
I asked Sim Guru Nick about this feature in twitter about a year ago. I was sick and tired of kids getting asked to skip school to go hang out at night clubs.
He told me the choice of venue wasn’t a bug, nightclubs are an appropriate venue for children. It’s also okay if an adult asks a child to go providing the adult knows the child.
Instructor
#8 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear
I asked Sim Guru Nick about this feature in twitter about a year ago. I was sick and tired of kids getting asked to skip school to go hang out at night clubs.
He told me the choice of venue wasn’t a bug, nightclubs are an appropriate venue for children. It’s also okay if an adult asks a child to go providing the adult knows the child.

You cannot be serious.... 😑

I can only imagine them having a meeting about this and this happening:

Field Researcher
#9 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 6:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Mspigglypooh
You cannot be serious.... 😑

I can only imagine them having a meeting about this and this happening:

I wish I was joking.

I’m guessing it’s because the sims 4 is a safe space where nothing bad ever happens. Either that or it’s a bug he didn’t want to admit to.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:20 AM
I actually thought about this from this topic, soooo I'm gonna try and make a mod for kid-appropriate places! I'm also gonna try so that Teens can also play hooky, because let's be honest, of the two, I feel like Teens are gonna be the more likely to skip school, right?

I have the new venues for kids put in, but now I just need to see that it works! Unfortunately, it IS simply random chance, so there's no guarantee of how long it might take for the notification to pop up.
Scholar
#11 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 12:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Goldbear

I think SimGuru didn't allow for pools and parks because he's legally not allowed to be near those...
Lab Assistant
#12 Old 8th Oct 2018 at 7:40 PM
So update! I made the Teen version which the notification just popped up. The hang out spot was a Lounge lot, and Teens did show up on the picker! Adults also showed up...but that's okay! The main thing is that it works!
Scholar
#13 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 4:57 AM
If you weren't ditching school to go do molly at a club or unleash an ancient temple curse when you were 13, then you didn't have a childhood. Sorry!

I'm writing a TV series, yeah. It's a cross between True Detective and Pretty Little Liars.
Scholar
#14 Old 11th Oct 2018 at 10:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pirate_wolf_12
....unleash an ancient temple curse when you were 13....

I wouldn't be surprised if that's how Lara Croft got her start, the prep school rebel that she is....

...Titanium white...
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#15 Old 14th Oct 2018 at 5:09 PM
I'm rebuilding my neighborhoods so nightclub lots will be located in neighborhoods where there is playground equipment. And honestly there are way more nightclubs than I actually use anyway.
Quote: Originally posted by GothyPanda
I actually thought about this from this topic, soooo I'm gonna try and make a mod for kid-appropriate places! I'm also gonna try so that Teens can also play hooky, because let's be honest, of the two, I feel like Teens are gonna be the more likely to skip school, right?

I have the new venues for kids put in, but now I just need to see that it works! Unfortunately, it IS simply random chance, so there's no guarantee of how long it might take for the notification to pop up.
I'll be watching for this!