Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add Any Lot Size (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 11th Mar 2012 at 6:44 PM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:24 PM by velocitygrass : added note about patch 1.66

607 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 276 Feedback Posts, 330 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 25
Test Subject
#51 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whoden
I'm not exactly sure what that patch fixed. All I know is that it broke the ability to place new lots in certain places. A glaring example is 120 Wright Way. If you accidentally delete the entire lot, you can't even replace it with a new one of the exact same dimensions. You'll get a "Lots can't be placed on non-routable terrain" message.

Along with this, placing new lots since that patch leads to the occasional ctd. I try to avoid placing new lots for that very reason. This is with fresh installs of new games w/ no mods as well.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#52 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:42 AM
You are my new hero! At some point I had a stand alone mod that did this, but you had to tune it in S3PE to add the lot sizes you wanted. I am so excited that this can now be done in game. You rock.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:52 AM
pure farkin' genius.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:27 AM
oh my... I'm so happy XD Thank you so much for this! It's just what I've been looking for. Brilliant idea! Thank you
Inventor
Original Poster
#55 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:51 AM
@whoden: Yes, I couldn't replace that lot either. I'm afraid though the direct interaction with the world (or in general whenever you pick and drag something) is done in an inaccessible part of the code. So it's not something I can fix. Sorry.

@VinnieVinVin: As mentioned above, I don't know how to change things in that area of the code. I've never had a CTD when placing a lot. Sorry.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#56 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:58 AM
omg thank you so much! i definitely need this :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:21 PM
Thank you very much! I've always wanted something like this since most of my huge lots would only require 60x40 or 60x50 lots insteads of the massive 64x64 one. I wonder why WA never added this kind of feature in the game at the first place.
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 12:41 PM
Yes, yes, yes!!Finally a small useful mod that satisfy my need for individual lot sizes.
bevore the newer patches i used awesomemod,but it crashed horribly my game when a new patch was out and produced very weird grafic-glitches.
Thanks alot VELOCITYGRASS, you`re my hero.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#59 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:07 PM
This is just amazing! I have one mode, like that, but it have to be edited in S3PE everytime, when EA builds something on strange lot size... I wonder why they didn't gave us a simple tool, to place whatever lot size we need... But you did, THANKS! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#60 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 1:51 PM
@velocitygrass Dutch translate's requests are welcome by me, pm me for a Dutch translate of your mod
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#61 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:22 PM
OMG, another great mod?! You are just on a roll! I have needed this forever!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:33 PM
Once again.. THANK YOU SO MUCH! Between the Simport rewards and this.. you are awesome. Twinbrook is my favorite town in the game, but I'm alittle annoyed at the lot sizes, so this is very helpful. Kudos to you, velocitygrass.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 3:38 PM Last edited by mauriemom : 12th Mar 2012 at 3:49 PM. Reason: revised post to acknowledge info. my brain didn't receive when it should have.
Inge (one of the contributing creators and upkeepers of S3PE and that program @T$R) created this specific mod in early 2010. You can find it at her forum; Simlogical and the Dead End Nights > Simlogical Downloads - Inge's Stuff > Simlogical Sims 3 Downloads > ijLotSizes - adding lot sizes of your choice to place in Edit World.

@TickleOnTheTum, Inge's version is permanent (AFAIR), and the icons are adjustable. She also explains how to tune the xml in the thread.

eta: @secundo, I just noticed your post briefly mentioning Inge's mod, I've edited my post to reflect your contribution. My apologies for not noticing earlier.

[
Inventor
Original Poster
#64 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:04 PM Last edited by velocitygrass : 12th Mar 2012 at 4:11 PM. Reason: clarifying difference between Inge's mod and mine
@mauriemom: I have to admit I never used Inge's mod, precisely because having to predefine all lot sizes didn't seem very useful for the way I play the game (i.e. I rarely use the world editor and only to add specific lots from the bin or that I downloaded, so I don't know well in advance what size I'll need). Also, it appears that you cannot give each lot size a different icon. And to clarify the difference between Inge's mod and mine: With my mod, you can open the cheat console and add new lot sizes on the fly during the game session. As far as I know this is a feature of Awesomemod, but not Inge's mod. Thank you for the complete link to Inge's mod for those who want to take a look at hers.

@TickleOnTheTum: I've updated the post with a new package and some instructions for how to add your own icons. Let me know if something is unclear.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#65 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:08 PM
Thank You, velocitygrass

This will be handy for those that don't use Awesomemod or do not feel comfortable making changes to xml files.
Inventor
Original Poster
#66 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 4:37 PM
@yannickvanloon: I think console texts/cheat codes are generally not translated? But thank you for the offer.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#67 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:23 PM
This is an excellent 3rd way - should cover everyone's preferred method of increasing their lot size choices.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Inventor
Original Poster
#68 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:49 PM
@Inge Jones: Yes, I think this an instance where more choices is not a problem at all.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 6:43 PM
thank you!!! )
Instructor
THANKS POST
#70 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 7:47 PM
I have game version 1.31, and the mod works, but I have small issue. I don't know if it's because I don't have v 1.32, or something. Well, my English is poor, so I may not explain myself clear enough... When I load the game\start the new game, everything is OK, but when I go back to the main menu, and try to load another save\start the new game, it loads very long, and it never loads up. I must turn the game off, and start it again. That isn't such a big deal, only I think I should report something like this.

The mod is brilliant, I have build small park for wild horses on lot size... 17x24 And it's so cool! :D
Instructor
THANKS POST
#71 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 7:55 PM
This is awesome! Thanks!
Zombie Socks
THANKS POST
#72 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:00 PM
THIS. IS. PERFECT. In other news, the phrase 'ploppable lots' makes me giggle. That's right up there for silliness with 'boolprop.'
Inventor
Original Poster
#73 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 8:22 PM
@anie_1981: Thanks so much for the report! I usually don't switch between savegames, but I noticed issues with it, but didn't connect them to the mod. It should be fixed now if you redownload.

@whitewaterwood: It's what they're called in the code
Scholar
#74 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 9:57 PM
Good job ! Too bad that we can't make bigest lots that 64x64...
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 10:09 PM
I installed this mod the other day, but everytime I typed in the cheat code I would get the message: "Unknown command: addlotsize"

I noticed there was a new version up today so I re-downloaded and tried again, but I am still getting the same message. Any ideas?
Page 3 of 25