Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Theorist
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 10:41 PM
Default Bark park: what do you think?
Hi all,

I create this community lot and I'm hoping to get some feedbacks on how to improve it since I'm not too happy with the final result. Thanks in advance.

Agility dog park area

Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 10:55 PM
That's cute. You know you are not allowed to upload the converted dog items, right? I uploaded a pet park with them right after they got released and had to remove them. You can keep the pictures of them, just they can't be in the file but given as a separate link.

I'm not sure what to suggest, although I would not add more cc with the hotdog stand, not when the game grill works just fine. Perhaps some flowers since a little more colour would be nice. I added a water wiggler to mine. You can get those buyable.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#3 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 12:59 AM
A grill or the AL hot dog stand, yes. I like the two-tone restroom block.

One thing I don't see is a tub to wash dogs in. Sometimes they get dirty while they're out; and a tub at the bark park would be very handy for apartment and small home dwellers, whose bathrooms are perhaps too small to wash the dog in. When I got Abuela Iana, a simmigrant living with her daughter and four grandchildren in a two-bed, 1 bath apartment, a little dog, the bathroom was never free long enough for her to wash it, so I figured that was a good excuse for her to get out and make some friends, but the Maxis pet lot I sent her to had no bathtub! I was very miffed about that. (It has one now.)

I also don't see anything for cats, which will show up when sims bring dogs here. They should at least have a litterbox and a scratching post.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Theorist
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 9:55 AM
Thanks Jo and Peni.
I realized that my pictures got resized on upload by my files host and I didn't pay attention.
The lot actually has a buyable water giggler but the fourth picture was a bit small for viewers to notice.

@joandsarah77
I saw the park you've done and the warning related to the pets stories files.
I wanted a change from the base game BBQ grill so I wanted to use the one I used. My sims never have BBQ on their lots so I didn't really know there were decent Eaxis ones. My bad.
I'll do my best to add flowers to the "socializing" area. Like IRL I'm not great with them. :$ The agility part of the park is bare on purpose.

@Peni Griffin
You're right about the cats.
I have an invisible scratching spot that I'll hide to one of the trees and I'll add a litter box (may use that one).
Constant Contestant
retired moderator
#5 Old 24th Feb 2016 at 1:33 PM
I really like what you have done

Want a specific style of house or community building? Why not take a look at my profile and see what I build and then come ask me to make it!
Theorist
Original Poster
#6 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 6:04 PM
Thank you Karen Lorraine.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 7:17 PM
I was just thinking if there are converted dog obstacles from Pet Stories ( I got the idea while watching pet park on my way home), and then I found this! I would love to see it in my game...

BTW, I have read that warning about the obstacle items, but I will probably still download this park, as it seems most fitting for my SimCity project.

Now feedback:
Cats should also have those wall toys ( I do not know how they're called ). Try sticking those to the fence behind those tables. It looks like a perfect spot for those as it looks a bit empty right now.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 25th Feb 2016 at 7:32 PM
Looks lovely, Essa. I like it.