Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Skylight Kits

by DasMatze2 Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2012 at 11:41 AM by DasMatze2

140 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Field Researcher
#51 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 8:22 AM
This deserves to be picked :D

Still struggling with CAW :x
Test Subject
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#52 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 3:29 PM
@K9DB: Thanks. I tried it but you cannot move it up exactly 0.5 meters.

I'm going to add a collection and the requested pieces but on a second thought I don't think a second set is necessary as there are already many pieces.
Captain Louie
retired moderator THANKS POST
#53 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 5:45 PM
This is a builder's wet dream. I am taking all of these and shoving them into my downloads folder. They will NEVER EVER leave!

(This kick ass. Thanks so much!)
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#54 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 6:56 PM
wonderfull !!! thank you very much !
Forum Resident
#55 Old 3rd Mar 2012 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DasMatze2
@K9DB: Thanks. I tried it but you cannot move it up exactly 0.5 meters.

I'm going to add a collection and the requested pieces but on a second thought I don't think a second set is necessary as there are already many pieces.

Yeah, I wondered about that, but I didn't really test the height. There are a great selection of pieces already and there are always tricks to build them heigher.

Been going nuts building domes with these in Lunar Lakes and I was wondering if I could request an even bigger one, like 4x4 or so? If it's not too much trouble?
Test Subject
#56 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:00 AM
Wow. Wow. Wowwwww... Where have you been all my life...? (Or, at least, all my simming years?) I was looking for these about this time last year when I was building an Art Gallery. Now I have to decide if I'm going to rip the CFE'd fakey skylight (that I spent hours making) off of that building to replace it with this; looks like I'm gonna' be doing a re-roofing project...
Gorgeous! So incredible, can't wait to try them... Thank. You. So. Much! :D
Quick question: Someone said you can't move it up exactly .05 meters; Do you/they mean with the up/down on wall shifting, or something else? Are your skylights up/down shiftable? If so, you can hold down Alt while dragging to get infinite degrees of height. (You probably already know that, but just in case...) Of course, that might not even be what you're talking about, so, sorry for all my blathering...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 11:41 AM Last edited by DasMatze2 : 4th Mar 2012 at 9:36 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by K9DB
Been going nuts building domes with these in Lunar Lakes and I was wondering if I could request an even bigger one, like 4x4 or so?

I can understand 2x2 but 4x4? What are you building? Must be something large when even 2x2 gives you apparently too many frames in between the glass area. All the other pieces are quite small, wouldn't it look too much out of place?.

Quote: Originally posted by lolotte89
If so, you can hold down Alt while dragging to get infinite degrees of height.

I didn't know Alt applies to the height as well. But you would have to precisely change the height of every piece, right?

I'm sorry if this set doesn't meet everyone's expectations and that I want to keep it simple. But now you know what has been missing all the time and you can create your own skylight sets to satisfy your complex needs. I'm still looking into curved pieces but the UV mapping is a little problem.
Forum Resident
#58 Old 4th Mar 2012 at 9:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DasMatze2
I can understand 2x2 but 4x4? What are you building? Must be something large when even 2x2 gives you apparently too many frames in between the glass area. All the other pieces are quite small, wouldn't it look too much out of place?.

Am building domes for their gardens in Lunar Lakes and they're pretty big, hmm...not sure how it would look. I suppose combined with the 2x2 ones or by themselves they might look ok, but if you think they don't fit with your set that's fine. Probably quite a bit of work for you too so don't worry about it if you don't want to add them
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 8th Mar 2012 at 6:19 AM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 9th Mar 2012 at 1:33 PM. Reason: please read site rules regarding posting
beautiful. simply beautiful. bravo man. bravo.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#60 Old 9th Mar 2012 at 11:57 AM
This is amazing! I can't wait to use them on every lot in town!
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 3:05 PM
nice but they dont seem to have reflections, that makes them look darker than other objects and maching them is nearly impossible think you could add reflections to them?
Test Subject
#62 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:03 PM
just so you know, I am a lazy sod and rarely post comments. But I have to say this set is utter genius (it there is a vote for set of the year this would get my mine).

I noticed the requests for larger sizes and I think 2x2 would be good, although I wouldnt mind 3x3 for the flat ones just because i use the 3tile windows a lot and would like the continuity.

Anyway great set..all my sims are getting skylights!
Blenderized to Pieces
retired moderator THANKS POST
#63 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 7:40 PM
I clicked on it last week or so to get it when I saw it and it was gone and was so sad! I wanted it! I am glad it is back and better than ever! I have plans for these.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#64 Old 11th Mar 2012 at 11:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by datass
nice but they dont seem to have reflections, that makes them look darker than other objects and maching them is nearly impossible think you could add reflections to them?

There is a specular map and according to the material settings, there should be a reflection. But the only reflection I ever got to work was so intense, it made the windows lose almost 100% of their transparency. I suck at material settings.
Field Researcher
#65 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 5:54 AM Last edited by whoden : 12th Mar 2012 at 7:29 AM.
I've come across one tiny problem. There's no channel for recoloring the rivets on skylight 1 side. Otherwise, brilliant work, sir.

Here's what I've done with them so far.
Screenshots

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#66 Old 12th Mar 2012 at 7:39 AM
This... is amazing!! I recall some threads lamenting the lack of skylights in TS3... and you've shown the way to solving it!!! I'm sure as soon as people well-versed in coding take a peek in your package, they'll give some suggestions on how to reduce the "roof hole" threshold requirement

Anyways... thank you very much!!! Now I can *truly* make my house the way I envision it... here's toward my very first upload at MTS, yay!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#67 Old 16th Mar 2012 at 7:54 PM
Love the set. Now I can dome my building for real. Thanks for the great work. Peace Out!
The Over the Hill Gang 55+
Test Subject
#68 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 3:14 PM
With the latest patch on the game [I have Showtime] - adding any custom content, even something as innocuous as this, makes it so that the game WILL NOT load no matter what I do. Is there a possible way to fix this?
Field Researcher
#69 Old 17th Mar 2012 at 11:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Arrikanez
With the latest patch on the game [I have Showtime] - adding any custom content, even something as innocuous as this, makes it so that the game WILL NOT load no matter what I do. Is there a possible way to fix this?

Works fine for me. How is it not loading? Will it not start at all? Or will your saved game not load?

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
#70 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 8:32 PM
As much as I love these skylights, I'm having a small problem.

When my camera is inside, I cannot see the skylights FROM inside. All I see is a big hole in the roof, and I can't figure out why. Fadeobjects is off, and so is Object Hiding, and it's STILL just a hole.

Any solutions to this?
Field Researcher
#71 Old 18th Mar 2012 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FadedLB
Any solutions to this?

Even with object hiding off, things on higher floors won't appear. If you're trying to see them while in camera mode (tab), you have to be on the floor the skylights are on before entering camera mode, then use Q to lower the camera elevation.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 26th Mar 2012 at 11:57 PM
DasMatze? the one who used to create CC to RCT3? OMG youre good even at sims!! congrats man!
Lab Assistant
#73 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 5:02 AM
This set is fantastic! I'm having one problem however. How did you get the copper color with the rivets? The pieces fit together beautifully, but when I try to recolor the frame, all I get is the basic color of the pattern that I'm applying. In other words, if I use the EA copper metal pattern, I get just a light tan (no texture), just a flat color, and it turns the glass the same color. Then if I try to recolor the glass, it turns the frame the same color as the glass. In other words, I don't seem to have the ability to recolor the channels, and I don't see any rivets. Again, the frames are just a flat grey color with no detail or texture.
Test Subject
#74 Old 1st Apr 2012 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kokiiito
DasMatze? the one who used to create CC to RCT3? OMG youre good even at sims!! congrats man!

I was about to point that out too! haha Amazing job with these, I've found so many useful things to do with them. Just amazing.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#75 Old 13th Apr 2012 at 12:47 AM
Thanks alot ) Curtis Paradis would love this :D
Page 3 of 6