Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Modular Skylight Kits

by DasMatze2 Posted 1st Mar 2012 at 1:15 AM - Updated 6th Mar 2012 at 11:41 AM by DasMatze2

140 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 53 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 6
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 14th Apr 2012 at 10:56 PM
looks good, can't wait to use
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 22nd Apr 2012 at 1:56 PM
I love this!! but im having issues.
Long story short, when I remove the package (the set1 package) from my download folder my game works fine, no issues. I move it back and it all goes to pot (the sims life wishes won't load or the wants ect, can't select another players nore other house and this is even before Ive added them onto a lot!) =\ ... does it conflic with anything that you know of (I have no Core mods actualy installed, because my pc dosen't agree with them lol) any ideas? thanks =) x
Instructor
THANKS POST
#78 Old 2nd May 2012 at 4:34 AM
Looking forward to trying these out!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 12th May 2012 at 2:44 PM
Thanks for the share of the owner!Can be used to make greenhouse, right?
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st May 2012 at 10:01 PM
I originally had problems with these (all my windows and doors became invisible), but I realized I was an idiot and neglected to clear out my caches after installing these. Once I did that, it was all good. That being said, these are EXCELLENT. I have a few other glass "roofs", however they are not actually placed on the roof; they are placed on the floor below. This means that when I look down on my Sims (because I am their great and benevolent goddess), the panels would get in the way, even when I dropped the walls. Your kits give me the glass roofs I want without obstructing my view.

If I could make a request though, could I ask for a 3x1 flat? I use the ModernLine modular windows by hudy777DeSign (extensively), and a 3x1 would match the full windows perfectly. But hey, I'll take ANY additions you decide to make because these are BEAUTIFUL!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#81 Old 13th Jun 2012 at 1:36 PM
I downloaded the set, and searched everywhere in the catalogue, both the buy and the build, but I couldn't find it :'(
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 14th Jun 2012 at 2:58 AM
Just found these and I LOVE THEM!! Thank You!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#83 Old 24th Jun 2012 at 12:32 AM
Oh my Gosh, thank you so much for these! I'm tired of having to put tons of windows or lights (or a combination of the two) into my rooms to brighten them up. This is absolutely perfect, just what I've been looking for!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#84 Old 10th Jul 2012 at 8:48 PM
How hasn't EA thought of putting this stuff on their store?? Seriously, Just amazing how good these look.
Test Subject
#85 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 3:33 AM
I've been using these for a while now and they work wonderfully! Now, (I'm dumb when it comes to the technical part of the game ex. modding/coding) I was wondering if, with Seasons coming out, these would somehow block weather (snow, rain) from coming in? I don't want to believe only floor tiles can block weather! DX If you say yes it will block weather I will love you FOREVER. If not, I understand, some things you just can't work around :/ Either way, these are really amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#86 Old 23rd Aug 2012 at 10:24 PM
Wow! This is impressive. Thank you!
Test Subject
#87 Old 1st Sep 2012 at 6:37 PM
Hey, so you said that it needs 50% of the floor removed? I have a house with all roofs and one section with a ceiling roof, where I've removed all floor tiles and put in these (AWESOME! ) skylights. So it's 100% of the floor removed, but the light doesn't show up. The light only shows up if I delete a wall, and my house looks kind of funny with one part of the wall missing? Any idea what's going on there?
Anyways, these are AMAZING and I love them. Thanks so much for making them!
Test Subject
#88 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 9:22 AM
Default Please help
Hi
I'm kinda new to the whole build thing in Sims, so yes i am a noob

Can somebody please be so kind as to tell me how to dome these? They look great and i would love to use them in different ways too.

Thank you for uploading these you really did a awesome job!!

Thank you

MiNi
Field Researcher
#89 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by minionsa

Can somebody please be so kind as to tell me how to dome these?

If by dome, you mean stacking them, pretty much the only thing you could do is use constrainfloorelevation.

Human beings are a very irrational species. Some of them are even afraid of pickles.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 20th Sep 2012 at 2:36 PM
Thank you for your reply. I did try using constrainfloorelevation, but was not successful. But if you say that's how it's done then i will try till i succeed.

Thank you again

Regards

MiNi
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#91 Old 13th Oct 2012 at 5:11 AM
These look great! I'm working on an arboretum and a greenhouse. Can't wait to see how these look!
Test Subject
#92 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:47 AM
I've just downloaded these, and they aren't showing up in buy mode under roof decorations. I've got all of the expansions up to Seasons. Any advice?

The Busy Bee :)
Field Researcher
#93 Old 18th Nov 2012 at 5:14 PM
I have season too, but i can see and use them: the only problem is that rain and snow fall trhough the glass roof and i'm sad because i like so much this set. There is a way to fix it?
Test Subject
#94 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 8:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
I have season too, but i can see and use them: the only problem is that rain and snow fall trhough the glass roof and i'm sad because i like so much this set. There is a way to fix it?

Try maybe something with the glass-floor (found under 'rugs' ).

http://dino.drealm.info/den/denforu...php?topic=353.0

I am just off to try them too! good luck !
Field Researcher
#95 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 6:36 AM Last edited by Mimi52861 : 25th Nov 2012 at 2:26 PM.
Baiaana & Bonnie1987: As another alternative to "winterizing" while using these objects, might I suggest a tried & true mod from Inge Jones at Simlogical. Her mods are excellent and I am using them in my game right now to get functional greenhouses with Seasons.

You can find her "fix" for this here: http://www.den.simlogical.com/denfo....php?topic=1468. These invisible floor cutout rugs can be used on top of floor tiles (not the flat roof in roofing section), to make working greenhouses, or any other type of house for that matter, so you can use the modular skylight kit & others. Using a combo of this mod & the skylight kit you can unleash your creativity!

ETA @ Bonnie1987: That link that you gave is coming up bad. I've tried multiple times but still can't get it to load. Just thought you might like to know. The site might be down.

Not having a sig IS my sig. Oh wait, this is a sig, isn't it? Nevermind...
Field Researcher
#96 Old 25th Nov 2012 at 4:38 PM
Sadly. Mimi, invisible floor cutout was the first thing i tried to fix the problem but they don't work with this set
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#97 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 4:59 PM
u dat dood from youtube
Test Subject
#98 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:03 AM Last edited by Mekky-ster : 3rd Jan 2013 at 6:17 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Baiaana
Sadly. Mimi, invisible floor cutout was the first thing i tried to fix the problem but they don't work with this set

Just did some testing, and the two mods do work together, but you will need to change how you build your skylight just slightly.

First go to that link posted above and get inge's invisible floor rug that lets light through. This will do 2 things - stop weather, AND activate your skylight, so you dont need to worry about that 50% roof thing.

Make your room, but don't make a roof.. instead grab the free wooden floor tile and cover over your area with it.

Then , go into your rug section and place inge's invisble rugs over the sections you want the light shining through. Again - do NOT use hammer tool to delete the section. Inge's rugs replace that step!

Lastly, go into your roof decorations and build your skylight ontop of the area you just covered with invisible rugs. If you accidently grab one of inge's rugs in the process, it might reveal that flooring again - simply grab it and let go again to fix this.

Also, with the invisible rugs, you will have little EA borders around the un-seamed pieces, so to make it look right you'll want to make sure your skylight sits properly on the edges.

Here's some screencaps of the finish result in a test game I made:
http://www.zeppyster.com/Images/Mek...ghtplusinge.png - Outside in the rain under a skylight canopy.
http://www.zeppyster.com/Images/Mekare/testroof2.png - View form above with half the roof covered in rugs and random skylightplacement to see if it would have gaps in weather.
http://www.zeppyster.com/Images/Mek...troofinside.png - Inside without any other lights installed. You still seem to get the "it's dark" debuff, but place a lamp anywhere to fix that... as you can see it's still extremely bright from your point of view.

Hope this helps some of the confusion about using these skylights with seasons weather ^^;
Good luck!
Space Pony
#99 Old 3rd Jan 2013 at 9:12 PM
So I've downloaded the skylights multiple times and they seem to be causing conflicts which cause my game to crash, not sure why though. I've used Delphy's dashboard mod tester thing, and I get a report that DasMatze-SkylightlastQDF.package DasMatze-Skylight1side.package and DasMatze-Skylight1CornerIn.package are reported as conflicts. I've deleted all three but I need the to enclose my skylights. In my world I've used a skylight on almost all of my community lots. Thank you for your help
Lab Assistant
#100 Old 8th Jan 2013 at 1:13 AM
OMG this is the first time I came across this here. It's amazing !!!! Absolutely love it !! Thanks !!
Page 4 of 6