Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Indoor Lights Brighter

by kikiwalu Posted 6th Sep 2014 at 5:27 PM - Updated 8th Sep 2014 at 12:28 AM by kikiwalu : Update

160 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 40 Feedback Posts, 119 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#26 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:43 PM
I've been hoping to see a mod like this ever since I installed the game! THANK YOU!!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 6th Sep 2014 at 11:55 PM
Excellent Mod!!!!! I am wondering why Maxis did not implement the intensity adjustment feature for The Sims 4.

One terribly small mishap that I did notice with your upload was found within the Install Instructions. The Mod the Sims Community needs to fix their preloaded install instructions. It shows the following install instructions:

Quote:
3. Place in Downloads Folder: Cut and paste the .package file(s) into your Downloads folder:
* Windows XP: Documents and Settings\(Current User Account)\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
* Windows Vista: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\
* Mac: Users\(Current User Account)\Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Downloads\

The information instructs a player to create a folder for The Sims 2 to place the mods in. Any new player to the modding community for The Sims 4 could be confused.
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#28 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 1:00 AM
I downloaded it from the gameali site and played with it for 2 hours, gosh it's so relaxing not having to squint constantly. It's so powerful that I had to remove half the lamps I had added previously and lower almost half way the global setting So thank you for making this mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#29 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:19 AM
OMFG! Thank you finally! I was getting sick of adding like 10 lights per room to have decent lighting.
Alchemist
THANKS POST
#30 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:45 AM
Thanks so much for this lovely mod!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#31 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by cateyes2201
Thank you for my first mod in game. But now I've a question... Is it possible to modify windows and doors with glass that they give more daylight?

Yes,it can be modified. But I don't recommend do so with this mod. Because I changed the light rig scale, that has already light up your windows during the day. Currently I'm seeking how to only mod the lighting from the lights without affecting the window lighting.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#32 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by thril1
Excellent Mod!!!!! I am wondering why Maxis did not implement the intensity adjustment feature for The Sims 4.

One terribly small mishap that I did notice with your upload was found within the Install Instructions. The Mod the Sims Community needs to fix their preloaded install instructions. It shows the following install instructions:

The information instructs a player to create a folder for The Sims 2 to place the mods in. Any new player to the modding community for The Sims 4 could be confused.

Sry for that, I just picked the default installation instructions MTS gave me. I think they may fix this later.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:12 AM
I love this mod and it works wonderfully. Thank you Kikiwalu! I show off your mod in today's episode:

I am glad I can finally see in my Sim's homes!

~Livestreams and Livesimming served up with a soupçon of silly and a whole lot of story.~

http://www.youtube.com/TheJessaChannel

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:28 AM
Let there be light! Thank you soso much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 10:09 AM
Thank Youuu !! Im Not Blind Anymoree!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#36 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 11:32 AM
Thank you very much!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 11:47 AM
Thank you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#38 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 12:52 PM
A desperately needed mod. Thanks heaps!
Test Subject
#39 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 2:34 PM
What should I modify to make the lights even brighter? Or could you make a "brighter flavour" of this mod?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:41 PM
Thank you.

I find the really bad light in the sims 4
Test Subject
Original Poster
#41 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by witchwq
What should I modify to make the lights even brighter? Or could you make a "brighter flavour" of this mod?

That need Kuree's s4pe and velocitygrass's DFT. Just open the data file I mentioned in clientfull0.package, set the LightRigScale to a higher value. NOTICE: this will make the sunlight through the window a little brighter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#42 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 3:59 PM
Thank you! This is so needed.
Test Subject
#43 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 4:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kikiwalu
That need Kuree's s4pe and velocitygrass's DFT. Just open the data file I mentioned in clientfull0.package, set the LightRigScale to a higher value. NOTICE: this will make the sunlight through the window a little brighter.

I've got the s4pe but I never modded anything (just edited a couple of very simple mods to my liking) and I'm scared to mess with the gamefiles. Would it be possible if you could do it? Please, please, please
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 5:06 PM
I like the idea but unfortunately in my case it extremely lights up objects while leaving walls with little difference. It would be great if it was possible to brighten walls more and darken objects a bit. This way the lighting would be much smoother.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:09 PM
Thanks!!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 6:11 PM
Thank you! The darkness gets boring quickly, the only way I could see my simmies was by placing lights pretty much everywhere.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#47 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by witchwq
I've got the s4pe but I never modded anything (just edited a couple of very simple mods to my liking) and I'm scared to mess with the gamefiles. Would it be possible if you could do it? Please, please, please

Locate the data file u want to mod, then export it to both data file and a new package file. Edit the data file you exported, replace the data file in the exported package file with ur modified data file (sounds like tongue twister ). Save ur new package file and the ur done!
This all happend outside the source game file, so you will not mess up anything.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#48 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:24 PM
Thank you very much!! I thought it was just me who found the dim lights annoying. :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 7:30 PM
The lights are REALLY bright now and I don't think the dimmer settings are sticking. It keeps reverting to brightest possible if I try to change individual lamps.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 7th Sep 2014 at 8:01 PM
I love this idea, but as the above, the brightness goes back to full after a little while. :/
Page 2 of 7