Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:15 AM
Default Plantsims- making all that time interesting?
I've never played much with plantsims before, but in my new hood I have one girl, Sunny, who is one. I find that the incredible surplus of time I have to play as her is almost overwhelming. She doesn't need to sleep, which normally takes a whole bunch of time out of the day. Currently I've just had her skilling and training her cat. I'm thinking about spawning a plant-baby, but she is way too low on simoleons right now. All of this got me thinking about what other people do with their plantsims! What do you do with all that awake time?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:27 AM
Plantsims are amazing gardeners!!! Auto gold badge! So use that skill to make some profit! Run a flower shop or even home based Organic Produce shop! (or if you're like me I have a plantsim named Marley Kush and he sellls homegrown cannabis hehe) but you catch my drift! I find them low matinence and they are my favorite supernaturals.

So that's what they love the most plants. I don't get bored with them there's always plants to tend to or ways to use their fruits and veggies like juicing and stuff.

Peace, Harmony & Balance... Libra is Love..
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#3 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:29 AM
Mine runs my main farm. When he isn't farming he's fishing. I place a lamp over him at night and he fishes.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#4 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 6:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Mine runs my main farm. When he isn't farming he's fishing. I place a lamp over him at night and he fishes.

Just to add to this, if you get 2 or 3 snapdragons around the plantsim as well as the sunlight their motives will practically stay green forever so they make great workers for craft tables and fishing to be used to stock shops.

The moon so bright shows me the way
Deep in the graveyard beside her I lay
Knowing she'll keep me safe from all harms
Though six feet apart, I lay in her arms...
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:02 PM
I resisted playing PlantSims for many years, but once I added a few to the neighborhood last year, I got to really enjoy them. When they're not gardening, my PlantSims skill and paint portraits of their neighbors. They play with their toddlers more than do my other Sims. They chat with the werewolves who wander by at 2 AM and invite the vampires over for water balloon fights.

Playing a PlantSim household is a nice change of pace after wrangling some of the more hectic households, dorms, or businesses. Some summer days involve nothing more than a PlantSim plunking the toddler in the backyard with an assortment of toys, and both just hanging out all day, doing whatever they want and enjoying the sunshine. That might be boring play to some, but for me it's quite relaxing.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:29 PM
Use her to try out things you've never done before and push the parameters of your game. A plantsim should have plenty of time for serial dating, partying, leading outings, farming, skilling, and badge collecting. Set a goal for each 24-hour period - this is the day she dates three different guys! This is the day we have a date, and an outing, and a party! This is the day we finally find out what the highest-badge toys look like! This is the day she goes to community lots and pranks everyone she sees! This is the day I try out two things no sim of mine has ever done!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 3:52 PM
During my attempt at a BACC, one of my sims accidentally became a plant sim while tending to his garden. I didn't want him to be a plantsim, so I had him spawn a plant baby and immediately cured him. The spawned baby? Best babysitter one could ask for! Now she's the one who manages all the plants while the rest of the family can focus on skilling without any woes regarding whether or not there will be food at the table. The Pollen Cloud prank I find really amusing to watch, too. Plantsims are nice because once you have one, you can produce a whole bunch of them and give them to each family xD Much better than those freeloading servos that keep needing to recharge and can't even repair a shower stall! Plantsim servants can do all the tidying and the like while the rest of the family is asleep.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 5:19 PM
I only have 2 plantsims in my megahood - and both of them came with the game, Rose & Daisy Greenman. At one point I had Rose spawn another plantsim but I have a mod that lets toddlers drink the potion that turns them human again, so I had that happen - I didn't want her to age faster than her older half-siblings.

Rose mostly gardens. I can leave her for half the day just gardening while I tend to her two sons and her newest daughter. Night time always becomes a bit of an issue, it seems sunlight lamps don't work much unless you're very close to them - so I often have her just stand underneath them (using the 'pose > stand still' option). I have no idea what I'll do with her when the kids go off to college. I might put her at the orphanage for a while, servos and plantsims usually make great orphanage owners because they don't need as many needs to be taken care of so they spend more time with the children.

Daisy on the other hand I keep pretty busy with a flower crafting bench (above a sunlight lamp), and have her selling flowers during the day, gardening and looking after her toddler daughter.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#9 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 11:25 PM
Why not have her paint, fish, skill or sew while being under the lamp at night? They don't have to do nothing to stay under one.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#11 Old 12th Jan 2016 at 11:38 PM
I find Rose a little frustrating at times. Thankfully now that there's no longer 2 toddlers crawling around I might actually have her doing something while standing under that light for hours. Before it was because she always swarmed the toddlers so much at night her sunlight bar would be in the orange, and whenever I told her to do something (the lamp is near a desk with a computer and during the day I sometimes have her blog about nature) she would then just complain about her lack of sunlight and then wander away from the lamp to tend to a toddler, it was easier to just make her pose for a while - it seems that doesn't drop from her queue unless her needs are in the red. I think when the children move out I'll create a sunlight room with sun lamps and some bookcases or an easel so she has a whole room to roam around in at night without wandering off. I had the same trouble with Daisy for a while when she use to be married, after the divorce when I moved her into a home with her youngest, I kept to a tighter schedule to make sure she wouldn't drop to orange before putting her near a sun light.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge