Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 1:41 AM
Default WCIF down motives of any sim in the lot
Hi, I'm looking for a mod to lower the needs of any sim. I found one, but unfortunately is not compatible with apartment life mod link is this. http://www.drealm.info/simlogical/s...ms2_Feeling.htm is called Please Yourself 2 plant, as you can see is not compatible with apartment life, I am looking for one that is compatible with this EP.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 25th Apr 2016 at 2:20 AM
Just use the simblender, needs can be set to full, half or drained.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:19 AM
thanks for the recommendation, but almost do not like the simblender, but to take a look . One question is this mod can do a sim starve or faint?
Field Researcher
#4 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:22 AM
I use the motives adjuster object that comes with the Insiminator. It looks like a Plumbob by default but has options to be objects or outdoor plants. I put it on most lots.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Apr 2016 at 2:42 AM
Thanks for you reply selfmadequeen,i found a motive adjuster specially on that (i think) the object is this. http://modthesims.info/d/100738 i check the insimenator, Just in case. Thanks for the information
Test Subject
#6 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 2:41 AM
I am looking for something similar, i like kill sims
Forum Resident
#7 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 7:06 PM
Numenor extracted this Maxis cheat object from the game, and I used it heavily before I switched over to SimBlender. That object can do what you ask. It makes instant adjustments to lots of parameters including motives and skill levels, though it always requires a sim to operate it. Pretty sure you can change their life state too. The motive adjustment can be done for every sim on the lot or only one particular sim, and setting motives to static is an option too.

I absolutely did have sims pass out when minimizing their energy motive using the object, though I did not try minimizing hunger because I didn't want to kill any. Let us know about that.

The object never gave me any trouble. It worked when I only had NL and OFB, and it still works now in my all-expansions, all-stuff-packs game. I only switched to SimBlender because it can do skill limiting for individual sims, and Vincent's Sim Modder can't. But VSM is still better for some things---for example, when I used it to alter skill levels, sims got no related memories of gaining or losing points. For my purposes, that was ideal.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 29th Apr 2016 at 11:09 PM
natboopsie, You would do better with the sim manipulator which has more features, still being updated and is supported by the creator.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Forum Resident
#9 Old 30th Apr 2016 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
natboopsie, You would do better with the sim manipulator which has more features, still being updated and is supported by the creator.

Thanks for the suggestion! Yeah, I did notice the talk about Aaroneous' cheat object, and so I went to check it out previously. I just read the description of it once again over there, but though the list is impressive, it just hasn't got features that I need that my other mods don't do already. I use Monique's computer for banking and for shopping, and I use BoilingOil's updated (from Monique's) Reward Catalog to add want slots and locks, to buy just a few groceries, and even on the rare occasion that I must provide a boost from green to gold aspiration---like for Tara DeBateau, who owns Gamesend Grounds as a venue business and is a favorite target of its dozens of resident ghosts. (She keeps 2 Energizers at different locations at that cemetery, because I refuse to lose her to a ghost scare considering she runs the cemetery as a public service---so she gets a Reward Catalog aspiration boost if she ever needs one to use the Energizer safely right after any scare.)

Despite its huge list, what Sim Manipulator lacks for me is the skill limiting; were it not for that, I'd never have switched from Numenor's extracted object anyway, because my needs in that regard are few (I primarily used his object to reduce skills and just happened to notice and briefly play with its ability to change motive levels). Besides, in general, I don't want my sims to have things for free, so the Reward Catalog and Monique's computer (as I use them) ensure that they must pay in some sort of currency for anything they get.

Er, sorry---think I've quite gone OT. Hopefully the OP already feels their question is answered.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#10 Old 2nd May 2016 at 1:28 AM
Thanks for the recommendation, natboopsie, the manipulator sim I have it long ago, even so you thanks for recommending joandsarah77. But the manipulator sim does not drop to 0 needs is the only thing wrong. Sorry for my bad English. I will check the object of Númenor.
Forum Resident
#11 Old 2nd May 2016 at 4:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Rain671
Thanks for the recommendation, natboopsie, the manipulator sim I have it long ago, even so you thanks for recommending joandsarah77. But the manipulator sim does not drop to 0 needs is the only thing wrong. Sorry for my bad English. I will check the object of Númenor.

You are welcome! Since it is simply an original object that Maxis used in game development and testing, I see no reason that it would include those safeguards that some of the user modders have built into their objects. So that should mean it has no hesitation about dropping any sim need completely to 0 when you tell it to. But please let us know how it works for you. I would love to hear!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#12 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:47 AM
Yes! it works perfectly!!! thanks.
Forum Resident
#13 Old 3rd May 2016 at 12:50 AM Last edited by natboopsie : 5th May 2016 at 1:31 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Rain671
Yes! it works perfectly!!! thanks.

Marvelous! That is exactly the kind of information I love. So now we know that Numenor's extracted object is the right solution for moviemakers (or anyone else) who want to play with adjust motives without safeguards.

Thank you for reporting back.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#14 Old 4th May 2016 at 11:36 PM
On the contrary, I owe you thanks. Without your help I would never have known this object.
Forum Resident
#15 Old 5th May 2016 at 2:19 PM
Then again, you are welcome. Thanks to MTS2 for being a place where such information can be shared!

Happy playing, Rain.