Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
#2501 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 2:01 PM
Relating to what Kerachismeh said, I know I've been playing TS2 for too long when I hit P in Cities: Skylines instead of Space to pause.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2502 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 6:49 PM
I watch videos of other people's TS2 games on YouTube and hit the "0" key to pause the video. This not only doesn't work on YouTube, but resets the video all the way back to the beginning.
Mad Poster
#2503 Old 6th Jul 2018 at 7:00 PM
I've attempted to use the P (Pause) key on YouTube. At least it doesn't send the video to the beginning?

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Mad Poster
#2504 Old 8th Jul 2018 at 4:55 PM
When you accidentally try to Compressorize random files...

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Test Subject
#2505 Old 10th Jul 2018 at 10:24 PM
when you have a journal just for possible sim names...
Mad Poster
#2506 Old 17th Jul 2018 at 6:55 PM
When you see your first poster for The Miseducation of Cameron Post and your first thought is: Why did they have to cast both girls with Face 1's?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Instructor
#2507 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 3:11 PM
When you quit (wake up) without saving in your dream because someone kicked the gravestone.

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Lab Assistant
#2508 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
I've attempted to use the P (Pause) key on YouTube. At least it doesn't send the video to the beginning?

In all my years of Sims, I've only ever known the tilde key to pause. Wow.

You know you play Sims 2 too much when you take a break a few weeks before leaving for vacation so you don't get attached to playing again, and then wind up missing the game halfway through vacation. : (
Mad Poster
#2509 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 9:21 PM
You stumble upon a video on youtube of TS2 video commercial compilation, go half-way through the first one, close the tab and finish it off by imitating and mumbling the rest of the commercial.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english.
Link Ninja
#2510 Old 24th Jul 2018 at 9:28 PM
You go into a restaurant bathroom and accidentally jam your rib cage on a sink blocking one of the bathroom stalls and think briefly of just standing there and complaining you can't get by and hope for some higher power to move it for you.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Lab Assistant
#2511 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:47 AM
When i just want to click the save button and go take a good rest in real life.

Hi. I'm Caren but you can also call me Beau. I luv sims since I was born.
I GOT A YOUTUBE(Eng sub provided) : YOUTUBE
You can find my ts2&ts4 pre-mades' stories here: Blog(korean)
Not very active on the tumblr now but: Tumblr
I can be found at Discord channels dedicated to ts2.
Mad Poster
#2512 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:52 AM
When you consider using moveobjects on yourself instead of trying to descend the stairs. (I fell in the bathtub and bruised my hip.)

Forum Resident
#2513 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 9:52 AM
When you wake up from a dream about living in an apartment with both your parents, grandparents, children, and your in-laws, and realize that the apartment building is the one you have been working on in the Sims. Not only that, but the dream made you realize you'd forgotten to put wall covering on the walls of one of the apartments. I loaded the game, and yup, one bedroom had bare walls.
Mad Poster
#2514 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 10:12 AM
I know I've pressed Control-Shift-C to bring up the cheat box in Microsoft Word! I don't know what kind of cheats I was expecting in Word: "WriteBestSeller" perhaps?

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#2515 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 12:35 PM
When you're going camping for the weekend and as much as you love camping, all you can think is "But I'll miss my sims...my poor babies..."
Mad Poster
#2516 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 2:09 PM
Word needs cheat codes to make it do what the user wants it to instead of what the programmer thinks the user ought to want it to do...

You don't want to go to bed, even though you're tired, because you haven't had the game open once today.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#2517 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 6:10 PM
When you haven't played in a while and wonder what your little people have been up to..Face palm -- like they were continuing their lives without you. This isn't Sim3 (is that the one where people can actually "move away"? or otherwise take control of themselves?
------------
And why are Sims all spoiled children: never want to go to bed, would rather drink "juice' (yea, right) than eat a meal, want stupid stuff and throw tantrums if they can't have them, have a double-digit IQ. Oh, I KNOW - they don't have brains.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2518 Old 27th Jul 2018 at 8:25 PM
When you see a really beautiful (and expensive) house in real life and have to wonder what kind of lot size you'd need to recreate it faithfully, and if it can be placed on the beach.

And you have to find the CC the house has. Problem is, the house was custom made, designed and outfitted by the most expensive people in the world. Sims 2 doesn't have Yves St. Laurent or Chanel working in the game...not to mention not having the knowledge of architecture that Frank Lloyd Wright possessed.

Houses such as this one: https://www.thedailybeast.com/omg-i...etreat-photos/2
Screenshots

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#2519 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 6:19 PM
Still, the house above looks buildable.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Mad Poster
#2520 Old 28th Jul 2018 at 10:19 PM
Actually, I have a picture of part of Al Capone's Miami Beach house, and I'm very tempted to recreate it in-game. It's only part of the house, but with a little finagling, I think I can put everything into it..
Screenshots

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2521 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 10:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
When you haven't played in a while and wonder what your little people have been up to..

Oh, they really do carry on without me. I swear I find things in their inventories, and relationships with sims that I didn't authorise... and besides, I hear little voices coming from the PC sometimes late at night, when they think I'm asleep!
Mad Poster
#2522 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 11:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
and besides, I hear little voices coming from the PC sometimes late at night, when they think I'm asleep!

Fun fact: Computer speakers can sometimes pick up radio interference (strong AM signals, I think mainly). The front audio panel in my computer isn't shielded properly so sometimes my headphones will pick up faint radio signals.

Mad Poster
#2523 Old 29th Jul 2018 at 12:46 PM
When one hears voices speaking in Simlish coming from their computers...whispering-"come back, the water's fine"...

Mad Poster
#2524 Old 4th Aug 2018 at 6:54 PM
Spring is on the way here and I worked in me garden today. I am in dire need of a Perfect Plants mod.
Forum Resident
#2525 Old 5th Aug 2018 at 8:47 PM
My parents are at a KT Tunstall concert, and my mum texted me saying "Should I get you a Woohoo t-shirt?"
My brain: Uh, what? That's a bit...OHHHH I GET IT!!

For those who don't know, KT Tunstall has a song called Black Horse and The Cherry Tree and the start of it literally goes "Woohoo...woohoo..."
Page 101 of 115