Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Apr 2012 at 10:36 PM
Default The Official Quotes Thread
I thought it would be nice to have a thread where we post quotes that inspire us, make us laugh, make us think, etc. It's really simple, just a post a quote, be it from a movie, a famous or non-famous person, your mother, etc. You don't even have to talk about it if you don't want too, just let it speak for itself. The only rule is that you HAVE to add the person you are quoting, give credit where credit is due.

I have so many, but I'll start with one of my favorite:

"I guess I could be pretty pissed off about what happened to me... but it's hard to stay mad, when there's so much beauty in the world. Sometimes I feel like I'm seeing it all at once, and it's too much, my heart fills up like a balloon that's about to burst... And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." ~ Lester Burnham (American Beauty)

"Going to the chapel of Love"

the girls club . statistics . yearbook .
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 7:07 PM
My favorite quote is actually something a friend said.

"That person becomes such a major part of your life that you have to love them whether you really are meant for each other or not." - Chris E. (Rapsheba555.)

Then, there's also:

"Telling the future by looking at the past assumes that conditions remain constant. This is like driving a car by looking in the rearview mirror." - Herb Brody

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 9:18 PM
“My first day in Chicago, September 4, 1983. I set foot in this city, and just walking down the street, it was like roots, like the motherland. I knew I belonged here.”
- Oprah Winfrey-

I can relate so much to this quote, when me and my mother, packed up and made the long trip to California, I felt the exact same way.

Rubric Wrangler
#4 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:12 PM
My atheism... is a true piety towards the universe and denies only gods fashioned by men in their own image, to be servants of their human interests. - George Santayana

The meadows are in bloom:
who has ever seen such insolence?

simblr
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Apr 2012 at 10:24 PM
"It is what you read when you don't have to that determines what you will be when you can't help it."
-Oscar Wilde

Words I live by.

Do I dare disturb the universe?
| tumblr | My TS3 Photos |
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 3:40 AM
"You can accept or reject the way you are treated by other people, but until you heal the wounds of your past, you will continue to bleed. You can bandage the bleeding with food, with alcohol, with drugs, with work, with cigarettes, with sex, but eventually, it will all ooze through and stain your life. You must find the strength to open the wounds, stick your hands inside, pull out the core of the pain that is holding you in your past, the memories, and make peace with them."

- Iyanla Vanzant -

Field Researcher
#7 Old 18th Apr 2012 at 7:04 AM
A response to my question on why guys don't seem to like me.

"You know why guys don't like you? You're fucking insane. You're very devoted to your faith, you set your limits. You don't let anybody push you around, you stick to your morals. You always stand up for what's right, even if it's hard, the girl that would break into a car in insane heat to give a dog water or the only one that stood up for the stranger being bulled. You're not the best cook, but you always spend countless hours cooking and making things for those who are hurt or sick. You'd rather listen and help rather than talk and gossip. You play too many video games, and you'd rather spend a Friday night playing video games than going out. You don't wear any makeup, you rarely wear anything that isn't jeans and a t-shirt, and your hair is short and you style yourself that way because style isn't a top priority. Most girls your age babysit for money, while you both babysit and volunteer at the children's section of the library for FREE. Why? You do it because of the simple fact that you love children. That's why guys don't like you, but those are the exact reasons why I am completely head over heels for you." ~one of my best friends, Kyung.

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 1st May 2012 at 6:00 PM
"If our friendship depends on things like space and time, then when we finally overcome space and time, we've destroyed our own brotherhood! But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
Jonathan Livingston Seagull, by Richard Bach.

Don't you wanna fly so high above the clouds and trees,
Learn a thing from birds and bees ,
See the morning rise over the ocean up ahead?

tumblr|lastfm
Mad Poster
#9 Old 2nd May 2012 at 2:10 AM
"I'm totally a doctor, I bought my diploma on some Chinese website."
- Ray William Johnson

Oh, hi, how are you holding up?
Because I'm a Cass.
»LiveJ«◄▀►»Forums«
Forum Resident
#10 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:13 PM
**Note: strong language and many quotes**

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Field Researcher
#11 Old 5th May 2012 at 6:51 PM
I love CK Louis :D

Life Stage: Teen Traits: Hopeless Romantic, Computer Whiz, Couch Potato, Shy Partner: Ted
School: High School Career: Writing; Fan Fiction Drafter Miscellaneous: Rich; Scorpio
Forum Resident
#12 Old 5th May 2012 at 10:03 PM
"Our hatred of Jennifer Aniston is what keeps the family together." ~ My mother

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth, and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit." -- Bill Hicks
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Aug 2012 at 6:36 PM
Everyone changes, you can choose to accept it and grow into a better person, or deny it and feel as if your life is slipping out of your control. People change, things go wrong, but life goes on.

Test Subject
#14 Old 17th Nov 2012 at 11:16 AM
Default currently
When a user posts a thread about general discussion of a game that already has an OT, mods will be locking that thread and pointing users towards the official thread instead. We're currently using xtools.co.uk the OT tag to identify them, which will help us find them all at once when we do eventually link them to game pages.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 1:31 AM
I'm gonna roll around on the floor for a while. KAY? ~Gir
-Invader Zim
Banned
#16 Old 23rd Nov 2012 at 5:09 AM
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." -Oscar Wilde

"I have always been a huge admirer of my own work. I'm one of the funniest and most entertaining writers I know." -Mel Brooks

"A word to the wise ain't necessary -- it's the stupid ones that need the advice." -Bill Cosby

"A man or woman is known by the material he or she carries...Batteries NOT Included!" -Me (Krazyredd) LOL!!
Mad Poster
#17 Old 12th Dec 2012 at 11:24 PM
My favourite quote is from the Star Trek: TOS episode The Immunity Syndrome

MCCOY: Shut up, Spock! We're rescuing you.
SPOCK: Why, thank you, Captain McCoy.

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Instructor
#18 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 5:01 PM
These are from Taylor Swift.

"May these memories break our fall."
From her song Long Live from Speak Now

"You always regret what you don't say."
Decoded from her song Speak Now
:D

To see a world in a grain of sand, and heaven in a wild flower, hold infinity in the palm of your hand, and eternity in an hour.

My Tumblr
Alchemist
#19 Old 23rd Dec 2012 at 6:30 PM
Greys Anatomy
Dr. Meredith Grey: I have custody of a penis?
------------------------------------------------------------------
Dr. Cristina Yang: It's like candy, but with blood. Which is so much better!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pretty Little Liars
Aria: I'm ready to hang a sign, bitch can see!
------------------------------------------------------------
Spencer: He's your boyfriend, Aria. He's not a baby squirrel.
Aria: I was just trying to do the right thing.
Spencer: Totally wrong. Look, I've been there, I've done that. Every time you baby squirrel Ezra, you're taking away his nuts.
Aria: You did not just say that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Spencer: Hanna, you have all the subtlety of a hand grenade.
Hanna: Thank you!

Whatever people consider to be normal, it never is.
My Simblr
My Youtube
Test Subject
#20 Old 31st Dec 2012 at 1:04 PM
“In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.”
― Michael Jackson

“If you enter this world knowing you are loved and you leave this world knowing the same, then everything that happens in between can be dealt with.”
― Michael Jackson

“Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.”
― Michael Jackson

"Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever."
--- Mahatma Ghandi

"Nothing is permanent in this wicked world. Not even our troubles."
--- Charles Chaplin
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Dec 2014 at 2:25 PM
"Sometimes, you need to keep your head high and your middle finger higher."
- Gerard Way