Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
#351 Old 29th Jul 2016 at 7:00 PM
Rowena Hammett is back! After she fell from the cliff, her body was washed out to sea, and everyone agreed she must have drowned. So they held a memorial service, and put up a stone in the churchyard. Her husband and son went on grieving, with a wish to resurrect her locked in their want files. Wishing was not enough.

Then Arthur got to know that Cedric Chesney, in the course of his supernatural career, had come into possession of a Resurrect-o-nomitron. He phoned Cedric night and day, until in self defence Cedric invited him over, and handed over the bone phone. It so happened that Arthur, in the course of his science job, had just received a $10,000 award for science, so he was ready to buy his wife back entire, or to pay for her recovery in a nursing home - whichever story suits you. She appeared in a puff of smoke, and hugged him, and then drew him to the bedroom. It looks as though Arthur is going to get his wish to have another child. I love playing beneficent goddess now and then.
Advertisement
Scholar
#352 Old 9th Nov 2017 at 6:57 PM
i moved abbie into her own home with tamara and richard carylon (?) married adele and they (adele and oliver) moved into his home

davfth (or whatever he's called) is living with carrow in pol manor and they are raising his son (again forgot the name)

caroline lives with rozen and seth nancarrow aqnd is currently pregnant

thats all i have for now but i'll definitely continue!

I May Be Life Dumb But I'm Sim Smart(mostly).
My Tumblr
Test Subject
#353 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:03 PM
Hi! I have a problem with that neighbourhood. When I open the game I can't find it on the menu. I tried cutting the neighbourhoodmanager.package file but every time I turn the game on it creates itself again. Does anybody know what am I suppose to do?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#354 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:32 PM
You should place the neighbourhood file in your neighbourhoods folder - do you happen to have a neighbourhood with a similar name or the same number?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Test Subject
#355 Old 6th May 2018 at 2:43 PM Last edited by marja.kwiatkowska : 6th May 2018 at 3:22 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
You should place the neighbourhood file in your neighbourhoods folder - do you happen to have a neighbourhood with a similar name or the same number?

I put the folder N432 there (in documents in the EA folder in the neighbourhood folder). There are folders beginning with N but the numbers are different (for example N005). And I don't have a neighbourhood with a similar name. But it still doesn't work!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#356 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:05 PM
Did you delete the neighbourhoodmanager file?

Also, which version of the game are you running and what are your specs for your computer - particularly, which version of Windoze are you running? Do you have all EPs and SPs or the UC?

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
Mad Poster
#357 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marja.kwiatkowska
I put the folder N432 there (in documents in the EA folder in the neighbourhood folder). There are folders beginning with N but the numbers are different (for example N005). And I don't have a neighbourhood with a similar name. But it still doesn't work!

Also look inside the N432 folder and make sure it does not have another folder N432 inside.
Make sure N432 folder insides look the same way as other hood folders do.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
#358 Old 6th May 2018 at 4:23 PM
It looks the same as the other folders. I have all EPs so I think it should work. I have Windows 8. I try to delete that neighborhood file, but as i wrote before, when I open the game it creates itself again.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#359 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:40 PM
It looks the same as the other folders. I have all EPs so I think it should work. I have Windows 8. I try to delete that neighborhood file, but as i wrote before, when I open the game it creates itself again.

Yes, it's supposed to do that. Did you check what Marka suggested?

Test Subject
#360 Old 6th May 2018 at 5:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
Yes, it's supposed to do that. Did you check what Marka suggested?

Yes, It looks the same as the other folders. It doesn't have another N432 folder inside. Inside there are N43_Neighborhood DBPF package file, N432_Neighborhood PNG file, Characters folder, Lots folder, Storytelling folder and Thumbnails folder. Is there anything else I can do to make it work?
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#361 Old 6th May 2018 at 6:24 PM
Could you try posting a screen grab of that folder?

Test Subject
#362 Old 6th May 2018 at 7:10 PM
Here are the photos of the folders in attachments
Screenshots
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#363 Old 6th May 2018 at 8:51 PM
Right - well, that looks correct to me though I think this must be a typo yes?

Inside there are N43_Neighborhood DBPF package file, N432_Neighborhood PNG file, Characters folder, Lots folder, Storytelling folder and Thumbnails folder.

If it is N43_ then that's your problem. All the files and folders do have the prefix N432 yes? I mean ALL OF THEM in every folder?

It should work - the only thing that I can see there is that your game language - or at least your computer language - is not English. But that shouldn't make any difference at all.

The only other thing I can think of is that you have it in the right The Sims folder since Win8 has a habit of creating two sets of folders.

Test Subject
#364 Old 6th May 2018 at 9:27 PM Last edited by marja.kwiatkowska : 7th May 2018 at 9:00 AM.
Well, for me it also should work and I can't find any reason why it doesn't. Tomorrow I'll try something with these folders, maybe it really is about Windows 8. But anyway, thank you for replying
Edit:
I reinstalled the game and it worked! The town finally is on the menu!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#365 Old 8th May 2018 at 7:02 PM
Oh good - I wonder what was up with that. Glad you got it working.

Now, whodidit?

Test Subject
#366 Old 15th Jul 2018 at 10:28 PM
Oh my, this discussion is still opened?
Lol I've found this 'hood back in 2015, but its only now that I've got time to play with it.
Too bad I'm a dummy who can make up his own murder stories, but sucks at solving them
And also it's been too long since the last time I've practiced my English, but I guess I can give it a try
No promises though...
Mad Poster
#367 Old 16th Jul 2018 at 11:58 PM Last edited by grammapat : 20th Jul 2018 at 4:45 AM. Reason: duh
I wish I could post pictures! In my hood the girl that is child of 2 professors flunked out...of course. She thought she shouldn't have to actually STUDY, and was so busy making enemies she stopped going to class. Her dad, mom, and mom's sister all quit in shame. They all live together, and have adopted all the "orphan" kids. I have to WORK with them to be nice to the kids; the adults are all so nasty! And of course what's-her-name is never happy, and the house is always a mess. Unlike the other "undead", students who graduate MAY get a chance to become non-zombies. But they must first get face-surgery, it must "malfunction" and give them extreme features (which I then make genetic). THEN they can get a "personality" transplant. Via cheats of course, but it adds a lot IMP==
====================
..all of the above is fascinating, but the wrong hood..it's Quadington University. Ok, so I HAVE played Polgannon (which I keep thinking is Pollygannon) but never could figure out anything.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Test Subject
#368 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 8:50 PM
Well ok.
I have no idea what to do with alibys YET.
I'll probably get to it after I'll be able to concentrate on anything but my stupid driving lessons uuugh.
But anyway, I've found the voodoo doll. Don't know what to do with it. Maybe it's not even a part of a mystery, but some people up there have pointed it out, so I guess I'll do the same thing.
Also found the shoes and the console and it's way too obvious who they belong to.
And also found bottles near the stones (thanks to Marrek btw, cuz I saw him yelling about impossibility of reaching something in the bushes). It has to be something to do with Jory, I guess.
Oh and the poison, of course. An obvious one too.
Main priority is to find the murder weapon. I hope it will give me some clues...
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#369 Old 18th Jul 2018 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by grammapat
I wish I could post pictures! In my hood the girl that is child of 2 professors flunked out...of course. She thought she shouldn't have to actually STUDY, and was so busy making enemies she stopped going to class. Her dad, mom, and mom's sister all quit in shame. They all live together, and have adopted all the "orphan" kids. I have to WORK with them to be nice to the kids; the adults are all so nasty! And of course what's-her-name is never happy, and the house is always a mess. Unlike the other "undead", students who graduate MAY get a chance to become non-zombies. But they must first get face-surgery, it must "malfunction" and give them extreme features (which I then make genetic). THEN they can get a "personality" transplant. Via cheats of course, but it adds a lot IMP

Sounds .... unfamiliar

Quote: Originally posted by Sims2 4ever
I have no idea what to do with alibys YET.
I'll probably get to it after I'll be able to concentrate on anything but my stupid driving lessons uuugh.
But anyway, I've found the voodoo doll. Don't know what to do with it. Maybe it's not even a part of a mystery, but some people up there have pointed it out, so I guess I'll do the same thing.
Also found the shoes and the console and it's way too obvious who they belong to.
And also found bottles near the stones (thanks to Marrek btw, cuz I saw him yelling about impossibility of reaching something in the bushes). It has to be something to do with Jory, I guess.
Oh and the poison, of course. An obvious one too.
Main priority is to find the murder weapon. I hope it will give me some clues...

Oh yes - everyone who found the murder weapon (who at least spoke to me), managed to solve it.

Test Subject
#370 Old 19th Jul 2018 at 11:11 PM
Oh well...
I've found it!
It took me some time, but still I was actually expecting it to be in a place like that, so it makes sence to me.
And now screw my driving lessons cuz I need to take a close look at some statements out there
Test Subject
#371 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 2:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by koololdster
Find the murder weapon and look at the pictures again. :D

So did I.
And what can I say.
I've got my suspect. It's kinda funny that when I've opened the 'hood for the first time, I was hoping this caracter is not the murderer, because I like them.
But oh well, it turned out they probably are.
What makes me almost sure they're the one who killed Blaise:
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#372 Old 20th Jul 2018 at 3:38 PM
You can PM me if you think you have a solution - I can give hints

Test Subject
#373 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 9:45 AM
Oh dear, theese days were insane.
But I'm still here, no matter what.
I hope I'll be able to investigate this evening
And yeah, I've been listeting to Alex Clare while playing, and now every time I open this 'hood my head is like "We go o-o-on and o-o-on and o-o-on and o-o-on and on
Never knowing where, never knowing where
We gonna, we gonna, we gonna end up in the morni-i-i-i-ing"
I've already made a music video featuring Polgannon caracters in my head
Test Subject
#374 Old 26th Jul 2018 at 2:54 PM
I also resume my investigation in Polgannon. Last time I ended up with blaming every inhabitant. It all became even more complex after finding the weapon and looking at the photos from that place. Nonetheless, now I'll search more into the families living there. I hope more clues will be found after another round of playing.
Test Subject
#375 Old 11th Sep 2018 at 10:41 PM
My computer sucks, so I haven't been around for some time (more than a month oh God)
But still yaaaaay it's solved!
Enjoyed every bit of it and it actually makes me sad it is over
What a pity there is no more projects like Polgannon, I want more *0*
Welp, what now?
I'd deffinately play with the caracters when I'll get myself a new computer. I already have some ideas and I wanna bring them to life hehehe
But for now I'll just go and die of boredom weeeeee
Page 15 of 16