Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Mar 2014 at 5:40 AM Last edited by HeronX232 : 11th Mar 2014 at 5:53 AM.
Default Simsville ~ Sims 1 brought to Sims 2
History as to why this is being made 10 years later:

When I was little I used to go over to my cousin's house all the time and the two of us would just play the Sims Deluxe Edition, we always had fun, and I grew attached to the houses, Sims, and lots there (Cheesey I know but I was only 6) and in 2009 when I got Sims 2 Deluxe I wanted to play int eh old houses again, so I always tried remaking them from memory, although they all turned out awful, I was happy with them. Recently I've strived to do it again, to relive the nostalgia in 3 Dimensions, but after looking for existing versions they were either not well made, defunct, or for Sims 3. So in late 2013 I set out to take on the project, and I made progress until my computer completely broke and I lost all progress, so now here we are with a Sims 1 World recreated in a game from 2004.

Info:

This will be a recreation of The Sims 1 Neighborhood with all the expansion/stuff packs at my disposal to use. However there is something to set it apart, this Neighborhood will take place 5 or so years AFTER the original game, so Cassandra is a Teenager, Bella wants another baby, Brandi is making friends around town, and etc. And there will be Custom Content that recreates outfits from the original as needed, Walls, floors is possible, and hairstyles as needed.

Credits:
Broomhilda - for making an Old Town Neighborhood template for Sims 2
Maxis - For making Sims 1 and Sims 2
EA - For publishing the games (And for being filled with horrible people)

Screenshots:

You want proof this is being made? Well here.

Sim Lane is beginning to take form, decorations and general atmosphere have been made, Wall covers have yet to be added to the Newbie house which now sports an altered layout to include a second floor with the bathroom and Brandi's room.

Well? Whaddya think?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Mar 2014 at 1:45 PM
I think you and Marka93 could collaborate fruitfully.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 1:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
I think you and Marka93 could collaborate fruitfully.

I did attempt to form a collaboration effort but since he was done aside from testing and didn't need help in building lots or making Sims he declined.

Work on the Goth House is just about done, and with the new renovations comes a new hurdle for the family to get over. Will Bella follow her want to be a mother after Cassandra's become independent? Or will Mortimer's discontent get in her way?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Mar 2014 at 2:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HeronX232
This will be a recreation of The Sims 1 Neighborhood with all the expansion/stuff packs at my disposal to use. However there is something to set it apart, this Neighborhood will take place 5 or so years AFTER the original game, so Cassandra is a Teenager, Bella wants another baby, Brandi is making friends around town, and etc. And there will be Custom Content that recreates outfits from the original as needed, Walls, floors is possible, and hairstyles as needed.

Quote: Originally posted by HeronX232
I did attempt to form a collaboration effort but since he was done aside from testing and didn't need help in building lots or making Sims he declined.

Yes I had to declined for the one I am doing is as close to the original as the "Sims 2 Base Game" can be, with no CC and only the base game needed to play.

My hood is done and as soon as I can get the pictures ready I will be uploading it.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Mar 2014 at 8:28 PM
Sorry, Life's been a bit hectic but anyways have some screenies.

Old Town and Sim Lane with most of Sim Lane done.

Ancestors and Memories included.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 2:27 AM

Introducing SimValley part of the main neighborhood, it's based off the console versions of the Sims and has a few sims from there. But this does require a camera hack to be able to play in. AlsoIlostthepreviousbuildoftheneighborhoodtocorruptionthanksforunderstandingbye.
Mad Poster
#7 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 3:00 AM
I recognize that this is kind of late in the process for a suggestion like this, but I don't have SC4, so I don't know how the terrain-modifying works when you're translating things into TS2 neighborhoods- sorry. It seems to me though, that in nearly every TS2 iteration of the TS1 neighborhood I've seen, the river is at the bottom of a deep canyon, instead of only being slightly below the level of the streets like it was in the original game. For all I know, that's an insurmountable limitation of one or both games used for creating a TS2 neighborhood, but it's the thing I always seem to notice, and it seems like it SHOULD be fixable... maybe not though- I don't know how the neighborhood terrain creation process really goes. I love seeing things like this though- the original game's neighborhood was great!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 18th Apr 2014 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Zarathustra
I recognize that this is kind of late in the process for a suggestion like this, but I don't have SC4, so I don't know how the terrain-modifying works when you're translating things into TS2 neighborhoods- sorry. It seems to me though, that in nearly every TS2 iteration of the TS1 neighborhood I've seen, the river is at the bottom of a deep canyon, instead of only being slightly below the level of the streets like it was in the original game. For all I know, that's an insurmountable limitation of one or both games used for creating a TS2 neighborhood, but it's the thing I always seem to notice, and it seems like it SHOULD be fixable... maybe not though- I don't know how the neighborhood terrain creation process really goes. I love seeing things like this though- the original game's neighborhood was great!

I did try to do something about that but if I did it just below street level there wouldn't be a river at all but to compensate of making the sloping to the river more gradual than steep like it was in the terrain when I downloaded then slightly modified it to create the Extra area of the main neighborhood.

Also THANK YOU for the actual feedback and suggestion, out of over 500 views this is literally the first time someone actually gave me feedback on this. I commend you comrade.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 6th May 2014 at 5:07 AM

Not quite sure if this qualifies as an update but have one anyways.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 6th May 2014 at 1:24 PM
I know you're kind of desperate for feedback (naturally enough), but for my own part I can't provide anything useful in this area yet. I am ready to see floorplans of the houses.

Just as an FYI: I personally would be happy to download a recreated Neighborhood 1 that matched my memories of it (which are relatively recent) and improved on them by creating the connections, putting houses on foundations that should have had them, and so on; but since I never played the console version, I would be less likely to download one with the attached Sim Valley, especially since a camera mod is necessary to use it. Sim Valley would make more sense to me as a subhood.

But I've never seen one that satisfied me, in any case.

(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Test Subject
Original Poster
#11 Old 7th May 2014 at 5:02 AM
Floorplans and Family info for those who have been made so far.

The Goths

The Newbies

The Hatfields

There are more but I'm too lazy to post them right now.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th May 2014 at 2:27 PM
Okay, Goths:
A reasonable expansion, but - in Sims1 they had al fresco dining on the rear patio. Where's the piano? You have six family members and only bed space for four.

Proofreading the bio, grammatical corrections bolded and stylistic suggestions asterisked: After patriarch Gunther's death, Cornelia couldn't stand to live in her old house anymore and decided to move in with her son and his family. But now that Cornelia's sister Agnes has shown up, announcing that she's dying, will the further increased size of the family strain their little* home? Or will an even greater tragedy* befall the family?

*Small or little; pick one. *Greater than what? If Gunther died of old age that's not exactly tragic. I think we can be positive Cornelia and Agnes will both die in the near future. Also, with only four sleeping spaces, yes, the increasing family size is going to strain that home! That's not the dramatic question, and sidesteps the logical one. The Goth Sr. home was huge and would far more easily have accommodated Mortimer and his family than this house will accommodate Cornelia; even if she didn't want to live there anymore, what happened to all her money, which would easily allow them to expand? I would suggest something along these lines:

After her husband's death, Cornelia couldn't stand the memories and decided to move in with her son and his family, even if it is a little "cozy" sharing a bedroom with her teenage granddaughter. But now Cornelia's sister Agnes has shown up, demanding care because she's dying (though, oddly, her symptoms only manifest when work needs doing), and the strain on the space has increased exponentially - and the bulk of the Goth and Crumplebottom estates are tied up in escrow. Is Bella's famous social poise sufficient to maintain harmony among the generations until they're able to expand, or Cornelia and Agnes take up permanent residence in the graveyard?

That's not perfect either, since there is plenty of money to expand with.

Newbies: Again, a logical extension of the original house. But where is their bookcase? They start play in Sims1 with a bookcase. Betty had the "fat" bodytype in the original, and she doesn't look fat to me there.

The expression "They grow up so fast" applies to the Newbie household. With Brandi venturing out into the big world, will inexperienced parents Bob and Betty start to feel their age catching up?

That's not a very dramatic bio, but once you fix the spelling, punctuation, and awkward phrasing it's adequate. What aspirations did you give Betty and Bob? If it were me, I'd write it to encourage the player to consider how Brandi got from where she is here to where she is in the base game neighborhood - are her parents somehow setting her up for the decisions that brought her there? Are they maybe spoiling her a little and giving her an unrealistic view of life?

You left out the flowerbeds around the tower at the Goth house and to the right of the front door at the Newbie house.

Not having played the console version, I've never played the Hatfields, but for heaven's sake deal with the missing wallpaper!

The Hatfields have always had a full house, sprawling with little ones and a small wallet of simoleons, but Ruby's getting too old to have more children and her kids are starting to venture out into the world to become great sims. Will Ruby continue to want more children in retirement? Will Billy become his father? Will Hank make it big in Studio Town? Will Elizabeth escape her background and be a famous scientist? And will Jane be caught in the middle of all this?

That's - kind of a mess. I think you mean "overflowing" rather than sprawling and "a small wallet of simoleons" is not idiomatic. I think I'd say they have "always had more more kids than money" or something like that. "Will Billy become his father?" - that's a startling question and though I know what you mean after a second, I've read it three times now with the same startled pause. "Will Billy turn out just like his father?" might be better. "Can Hank make it big in show business?" would be a better question, since there is no Studio Town.

Don't forget the little details, like using terrain paint to mark the high-traffic areas in the yards and the places where the grass things out in the root-circles and shade-circles of the plants. These things make a startling amount of difference to the feel of a house.

Since these are all established households, I suggest that you removed the "moved in" memories and play them all for a day so that the player doesn't get a bunch of welcome wagons. This will also give you a chance to train them a little bit (though a day or two won't be enough to create any real habits); and getting the feel of how they play may help you write more effective individual bios. How are you determining their skills, careers, aspirations, and relationships?

Let us know when you're ready to release for playtest.

Field Researcher
#13 Old 7th May 2014 at 8:12 PM
I can peak in with that the Hatfields were a downloadable family (with house) from the old The Sims Exchange and that their house actually did miss wallpaper at those places...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#14 Old 8th May 2014 at 5:07 AM
The new Goth estate.

Ground Floor

Second Floor

Overview
Mad Poster
#15 Old 9th May 2014 at 5:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Theis118
I can peak in with that the Hatfields were a downloadable family (with house) from the old The Sims Exchange and that their house actually did miss wallpaper at those places...

That was Mark's reason for leaving it off in his recreation, too, and I can see that as a valid argument in a straight reconstruction; but this is a reconstruction + five years. they must have noticed the missing wallpaper by now!

If it were me, I'd continue the joke by making those panels not quite match the ones around it.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#16 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 4:00 PM
A lack of drive to finish the project led me to discontinue it in June without proper announcement back at the time. I had promised myself that I would see this through to the end, and I failed to fufill that promise. And for that I am sorry. This project wouldn't have gotten to where it got without the feedback you all gave me.

However, I do not fully intend to cancel this project, but work will not resume immediately, only when or if time permits will I restart this. Someday, but not today.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 8th Dec 2014 at 11:06 PM
Its a very large project and between Riverside and Old Town it took me over 2 years to finally get them ready for up load.

All my Beginning Hoods here at MTS. http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=7749491
All my Beginning Hoods as Shopping Districts plus Old Town. http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=523417
MooVille, a tribute to Mootilda and her fabulous lots http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=534158