Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:05 AM
Default lot files and cc
How do i wrap cc within my lot file?

is that why it wont upload to the EA exchange?

I'm near complete with furnishing first home.

It has a floating guest house, 1 floating one person pods complete with bed, bath and kitchen

When it's complete, I'd like to show it to everyone; well before it is completely complete i need a little help decorating and landscaping; I am no good at placing trees and flowers
- And I made use of most of the 64x lot, it'd not super huge mansion like some; but its in the middle and you wont lose track of your sims.
http://i.imgur.com/COtv6yd.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Zgxsfau.jpg

eventually, i'll build walk ways between the pods : xD

thanks!
Advertisement
dodgy builder
#2 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 12:04 PM
Firstly you can upload the pictures below the text in the post as "manage attachments". I don't know about others, but I don't like clicking on links I don't know. I can see it's imgur, but still ...

In ts3 you don't wrap CC in a lot. If you have used the regular sims3pack files, it's wrapped wherther you like it or not, even stuff you just tried and decided not to use. Sometimes it even includes stuff you could swear you never touched.

I can recommend reading on CC and 2 different files, I only use package files these days. Read all about it here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

... when it comes to feedback on the house I have a few things, if you don't mind me just saying what I think, it's not personal. I'm wondering what kind of a lot it is? Is it residential or community? I can see you like colors and technical building. There is some cheats for you to try if you like.

People very often start out building on the biggest lots and would like to have a massive mansion. I would recommend though to start with something much smaller and easier to handle. It can be quite hard to have to listen to someone elses feedback and do changes to your house based on that. It's easier to handle if the house is smaller. I would try building a small 2 or 3 bedroom house with the usual equipment.

If you still like to build on this house, I would say it's mainly lacking a clear shape and a coherent style. If I were you I would try building according to a floorplan first. You can fint lots of those if you google for it. Try searching for "mansion floorplan". You will have to fit your floorplan on the lot according to space needed for the furniture and have to make the floorplan work without round features and such things this game don't have.

Building houses in ts3 can be a steap learning curve, but it's good training for real life house building. Good luck
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 9:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Firstly you can upload the pictures below the text in the post as "manage attachments". I don't know about others, but I don't like clicking on links I don't know. I can see it's imgur, but still ...

In ts3 you don't wrap CC in a lot. If you have used the regular sims3pack files, it's wrapped wherther you like it or not, even stuff you just tried and decided not to use. Sometimes it even includes stuff you could swear you never touched.

I can recommend reading on CC and 2 different files, I only use package files these days. Read all about it here: http://simswiki.info/wiki.php?title...p:TS3_CC_Basics

... when it comes to feedback on the house I have a few things, if you don't mind me just saying what I think, it's not personal. I'm wondering what kind of a lot it is? Is it residential or community? I can see you like colors and technical building. There is some cheats for you to try if you like.

People very often start out building on the biggest lots and would like to have a massive mansion. I would recommend though to start with something much smaller and easier to handle. It can be quite hard to have to listen to someone elses feedback and do changes to your house based on that. It's easier to handle if the house is smaller. I would try building a small 2 or 3 bedroom house with the usual equipment.

If you still like to build on this house, I would say it's mainly lacking a clear shape and a coherent style. If I were you I would try building according to a floorplan first. You can fint lots of those if you google for it. Try searching for "mansion floorplan". You will have to fit your floorplan on the lot according to space needed for the furniture and have to make the floorplan work without round features and such things this game don't have.

Building houses in ts3 can be a steep learning curve, but it's good training for real life house building. Good luck

\
Thank you, Lade. ! Tell me more about the build mode cheats, please. I drew a sketch, I'll upload that later - it's pretty amazing I went off my original plan of a plus sign shaped pool with a circular (as possible) structure around it. It ended up being more hexagonal. Then when I discovered I could sledge columns that support structure - i thought, "floating efficiency pods!" It's a residential house. yes. The hexagon is the only somewhat uniform of the home. Nothing matches - wild and ridiculous color schemes that look like Willy Wonka had a seizure while throwing up is what I like - lol Not only that - but I imagine a community or even a family whose members have unique personalities would want to decorate their rooms and life pods differently. One might be goth. Or My Little Pony. Or Metro. Or Willy Wonka... lol :D

for the cc, I just used the .package files and put them in with my mods

Also, I have a question about elevators; at first I tried making them be the only way to get to other levels; but what a PITA. are they mainly for large houses with six levels for sims to get from a to b easer? My levels aren't lined up for an elevator... lol. I think I'm going to replace all staircases with spirals - for smaller footprint.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 23rd Aug 2015 at 11:10 PM
I am getting a "pattern not floorable" popup when i tried to put a door on my floating life pods; i tried putting columns under it for ... (door support)

it's ok without a walk way; but there's only 1 entrance and exit the way they are now - a bit of a fire hazzard lol
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 1:36 AM
Default lots with CC .package not .simpackage - custard?
Can CUSTARD wrap the ,package cc into my lot file? most if not all of my cc are .package not simpacks

I'd like to wrap my cc in it to easily be able to download, share it, future use etc,.

IK about cc artists rules and whatnot and read about the cc shop list.
Scholar
#6 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 11:03 AM
I can't say I've ever known custard to wrap .package files like .simpacks as they're like their own entity rather than an integrated part of the game (if that makes any sense?), so I'm not sure it would be able to bundle .package files in with a lot file. But not being very technically minded, I could be wrong.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 3:41 PM
I've downloaded lots with .package cc and did not download the seperate .package files. Regardless, the CC appeared in the lot.

The lot was the white ethnic mansion.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#8 Old 24th Aug 2015 at 4:57 PM
I've merged your other thread about the same thing with this one. You're asking the same question - you don't need two separate threads about it.

If people have included .package files in their lots, I'm guessing they included it in the rar, not in the .sims3pack? Packages will not attach to sims3packs. Sims3Packs get "copied" to the DBBackup folder, then when you export a lot, the game reads through that folder to see if anything was used and, if so, attaches it to the sims3pack (sometimes things that weren't used either). Since package files are not installed that way, they do not get attached. You'll need to make a list of the CC you used and credit/link back to the original creator.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#9 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 1:12 AM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven
I've merged your other thread about the same thing with this one. You're asking the same question - you don't need two separate threads about it.

If people have included .package files in their lots, I'm guessing they included it in the rar, not in the .sims3pack? Packages will not attach to sims3packs. Sims3Packs get "copied" to the DBBackup folder, then when you export a lot, the game reads through that folder to see if anything was used and, if so, attaches it to the sims3pack (sometimes things that weren't used either). Since package files are not installed that way, they do not get attached. You'll need to make a list of the CC you used and credit/link back to the original creator.

Two different questions. One was specifically about CUSTARD. I don't know how I was able to download lots with .package cc and have the cc show up without downloading the .package files. ?? Maybe the game replaced them with similar items and I didn't notice ?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#10 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 2:17 AM
i uploaded the lot to sims 3 exchange; haven't tested it in game yet; but from the pics it looks like the cc .package files are there

and it appears unfurnished; but maybe that is the pics?
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#11 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 12:55 PM
Are you looking for feedback on a lot to upload to MTS? This thread appears to be interested in technical information for uploading elsewhere. We cannot help with the exchange; it's a completely different website.

In the pictures you take (or the game "takes" for an export), the CC will show up as it was present at time of exporting. That does not mean it's actually in the lot file itself. The only way CC will attach is a) sims3pack form into a sims3pack which you can check with CUSTARD or b)you literally copied files into the rar that also has the lot which you can check by opening your rar. If they're not showing with CUSTARD or not in the rar, they're not there.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Test Subject
Original Poster
#12 Old 25th Aug 2015 at 6:52 PM
I'll put them in a zip with the house file. Thank you! nearly all my windows are cc; so idk if they'd get replaced with EA windows.

now for the screenshots. :-D