Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
#12951 Old 4th May 2024 at 8:53 PM
I have never made my self-sim. Can't do that to my game
There isn't enough wine in sims 2 anyway.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#12952 Old 4th May 2024 at 9:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LauraPamplonaS
We should all share our sim-selves, dump them in our games and tell each other what we got up to. Did one of us die??? Did one of us start a business??? Did one of us start dating everyone else???

One iteration of my self-Sim somehow ended up living in a large house with six dogs.

I'm a cat person.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Field Researcher
#12953 Old 5th May 2024 at 1:43 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
One iteration of my self-Sim somehow ended up living in a large house with six dogs.

I'm a cat person.

I love that!

I added my sim-self to my current hood, but I didn't want to give her my exact name because I didn't want to feel like I was playing myself, so I named her "Lauren" XD. She ended up getting pregnant in college, her then baby daddy died of the flu, and then she stole her best friend's fiancé. She ended up having two more children and struggling with money her whole life, never had a home, and ended up living her last days in a retirement home I had no interest in playing and only aged my elders up. Maybe I'll dump her in another save later on and try to do something more interesting with her
Test Subject
#12954 Old 5th May 2024 at 7:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

I made my self-sim only once and did it with my friend at her familys computer. Our self-sims were also adult while we were kids/teens.
In my own game, I think it is weird to play as myself. Maybe this is because I enjoy stories. I do not play just dream life style.

(Also, I think self-sim families were banned while I was kid. Maybe my parents thougt that if they die in fire or drown it would be too traumatizing. So I never did selfsim but they felt weird also in then.)
Mad Poster
#12955 Old 5th May 2024 at 10:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro

Here you go. XD https://www.medievalsims.com/forums...=100129#p100129

I tried to recreate my house and my family in Sims 1. Not very well (my house is complicated). Plus I made my brother a child when he was really a teenager. XD Never tried in Sims 2.

Once I got older it seemed too weird having uncontrollable things happen to someone who was supposed to be me. I would never have wished for my self sim's death, no matter how annoying they were, as it would be creepy to watch 'myself' die.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#12956 Old 5th May 2024 at 12:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
You mean that Sim Sample isn't your self sim? And here I imagined you wearing PVC and chatting up bearded pirates! XD

I did have some leather trousers when I was younger! Also my self sim tried it on with Pescado Sim once, but it turned out he was TOO MEAN!
Instructor
#12957 Old 5th May 2024 at 9:03 PM
Searching on MTS for a specific topic will never be a of waste time. I stole some good gameplay ideas from some old threads today.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Forum Resident
#12958 Old Yesterday at 3:16 AM
I hate when I want to do something but it ends up requiring multi-step logistics.

Amerie Rusewicz is due to give birth. However, her baby Yale will age up to toddler before she gives birth. But Yale can't become a toddler until his cousins Wilder and Xander become toddlers. But I can't age up Wilder because his brother Rafferty will age up to a child, and I can't age Rafferty up until their other cousin Quiana ages up to a child. Quiana's family was due to move to a new apartment this rotation because they've outgrown their old one, but they needed an apartment with 3 bedrooms and only 2-bedroom units were available in the size they need, so I had to finish building the apartment lot that was only partially started.

So Amerie having a baby = me building an apartment and playing 3 other households first
Mad Poster
#12959 Old Yesterday at 5:07 AM
You can, though. You can age up same-age children in any order you choose and just tweak things. This is a problem you have chosen to have.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#12960 Old Yesterday at 11:10 AM
I've not actually got a proper SelfSim. The nearest that I have is a sort of fantasy SelfSim. He doesn't carry my name, but he shares my initials, and whereas I am an Elder, he is still a teen. Basically he looks like I was trying to look when I was 17. Actually I think he's a bit better looking than I ever was. I think I've posted pictures of him here, but I've never even hinted on MTS that he might be in any way based on me. Sharing my initials, but not my name, I can choose whether and to what extent I want to identify with him. For convenience let's just call him J. I like him, and I have strong empathy with him, but then I have empathy with lots of my Sims -- possibly all of them. But when we come to aspiration, and his claim to be my SelfSim, we enter the realms of total fantasy. J is a Romance Sim. Like me, J is gay, but, while I am still looking in vain for a first kiss, J has has a whole string of Romance and Pleasure boyfriends, and he seldom goes to sleep without one of them sharing his bed. Like many, maybe most, of my Romance Sims, J considers himself to be an "ethical Romance Sim" -- he believes he genuinely loves all his boyfriends. Within his community he is both popular and respected.

Recently however I have been seriously thinking about whether I should make a real SelfSim -- one that looks, and maybe acts, like me. Probably an Elder, though I flatter my self that, even in my early seventies, I think I still look more like a Sim Adult than a typical Sim Elder. In fact I don't think I've ever stopped trying to look like a teen -- I still keep my hair in the longish style that I adopted as a seventeen year old schoolboy. It's a bit thinner on top, but against that, I think it now holds its shape better. Of course it's white now, but in the right light, that can look like blond. My real aspiration definitely isn't Romance. Never having been in any sort of romantic relationship, I'd be a disaster as a Romance Sim, I'd be in a constant state of Aspiration Failure. I think my Sim Aspiration is probably Knowledge, the same as Andrew and Julian. I definitely like learning new things.

As most of you know, Andrew told me (in a daydream) that he thought I would make a good pair with Chester Gieke. Clearly I can only do anything about that, if I can, in some sense, move to Veronaville. Chester comes with Bluewater, and in my game Bluewater is attached to Veronaville as an outer suburb. (Actually Chester doesn't live in Bluewater; he lives in Greaves Avenue in downtown Veronaville.) In my fantasy brain I'd like to just become a Sim and move to Veronaville; from what I can see most of my Veronaville Sims are living happier and more fulfilled lives than most Real Life people on Earth. Andrew says, "We're still far from perfect, but we're getting there!" But alas, I don't think there's any way to really become a Sim! An alternative, which is at least theoretically possible is to go there in some sort of virtual reality. I would love to be able to put on some sort of headset and wander round Veronaville, interacting with my Sims face to face. I'm sure as Knowledge schoolboys, Andrew and Julian will have learned English (and Julian can speak German too). I'm sure I could persuade them to teach me Simlish, though I envisage them rolling about laughing at me trying to speak Simlish with a strong Scottish accent. But that would only be possible if somebody, probably EA/Maxis, developed a fully functioning VR interface for The Sims. And, to do it properly, I think Simlish would have t be developed into a proper language, that I could learn to speak and write. (Since Andrew and Julian will teach me, I'll undoubtedly pick up some of their Veronaville accent, so, if I venture to Pleasantview or Strangetown, the locals would know by my speech that I was from Veronaville.) Alas, alack, I don't envisage anybody making such an interface in the foreseeable future. I'm not even sure if many other Simmers even want to meet their Sims face to face. I mean, if you habitually torture your Sims, you probably don't want to run into a gang of them in a dark downtown backstreet!

So, as things are, probably the only way I can get myself more involved in the life of Veronaville, is through a SelfSim. And then the only question is, do I make a new more realistic aged (or aging) SelfSim, or do I let J, who is already there, be my SelfSim. When I think about it, I think young J might be a better "catch" for Chester than a more realistic (and therefore uglier) representation of myself. Chester might of course prefer a Knowledge Sim to a teen Romance Sim, but I've known J long enough to know that he's neither stupid nor unprincipled. And the "No Jealousy at all" mod that I put in for the benefit of Andrew and Julian, might make the idea of a relationship with a Romance Sim more acceptable to Chester. Like my (real) self, J has a strong platonic friendship with Andrew. So maybe we should just let Andrew, who thought up the idea of me and Chester as a pair, help to bring us together.

Any thoughts? Obviously I'll talk it over with Andrew. I don't make any big decisions in my life without consulting him!

This is the replacement post for the one that I lost. It's certainly longer than the lost one, but I have a feeling that my original version might have been better written.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#12961 Old Yesterday at 4:29 PM
Even if EA did make a VR thing it would be for Sims 4. They want to pretend that Sims 2 doesn't exist anymore.

Now you have me wondering if Jack Gill is your self sim lol.
Field Researcher
#12962 Old Yesterday at 5:22 PM
Even if EA did make a VR thing it would be for Sims 4. They want to pretend that Sims 2 doesn't exist anymore.

I don't think they could even do it for TS4, the game engine is so broken with things just bolted on without proper testing or fixing, I honestly don't think it could handle it.

If they did it, I think they'd do it for TS5 and use it as as a selling feature for the new game, along with an always online requirement no doubt. Though, I'm not convinced TS5 will be any better.

(Before someone says "It's not that broken!" let me just point you to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Repor...es/td-p/3445209)

Shabado... sha..ba..doo..badooo
Mad Poster
#12963 Old Yesterday at 5:29 PM
Always online is a big fat no for me. *gets kicked off the FFXIV server again*
Field Researcher
#12964 Old Yesterday at 5:32 PM
Always online is a big fat no for me. *gets kicked off the FFXIV server again*

Same, I'm heavily against DRM & forced always online in general. But I won't get into it here, as it's off topic.

Forum Resident
#12965 Old Yesterday at 6:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
You can, though. You can age up same-age children in any order you choose and just tweak things. This is a problem you have chosen to have.

Yes, these are rules I've set for myself in my own game. That doesn't mean I can't occasionally be annoyed by them. I also could have used motherlode so Quiana's family could afford to buy an existing 3-bedroom house versus having to finish building the apartment, or I could load the households and age the kids up using the cheats whenever I want versus playing the household for their remaining 3 days, or I could have everyone just stand around for 3 days on 3 speed while I use max motives until it's time to age them up, but where's the fun in that?
Instructor
#12966 Old Yesterday at 6:45 PM
That's the one thing I love about Sims 2, I can it play offline! I'm sure my internet modem appreciates it too.

There's no drama, like Sims drama.

Currently Playing: Sims 2 again!

Field Researcher
#12967 Old Yesterday at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by monijt1
That's the one thing I love about Sims 2, I can it play offline! I'm sure my internet modem appreciates it too.

It's certainly an advantage. That, and no more official updates - which means mods won't get broken by game updates. (That's a good thing!)

Though, for me it's a decent escape from reality for a while. Real world issues aren't a thing in game, you can build it exactly as you want, no matter what it is you want[1]. I consider it a break from real life.

[1] Within limitations of what the game is capable of doing, of course.

Mad Poster
#12968 Old Yesterday at 7:54 PM
My husband bought the MetaQuest 2 recently and he has been loading up various Steam games and interacting with them in VR. I should think that it's possible to load the game onto a headset like that, although the controls probably wouldn't work, you might be able to look around in Tab view. I bought a bus simulator game for my 5yo who is absolutely obsessed with different kinds of buses, and I did kind of think that the VR headset might be something he could use in the game, even if I had to do the controls separately.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Mad Poster
#12969 Old Yesterday at 11:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iforgot
It's certainly an advantage. That, and no more official updates - which means mods won't get broken by game updates. (That's a good thing!)

Though, for me it's a decent escape from reality for a while. Real world issues aren't a thing in game, you can build it exactly as you want, no matter what it is you want[1]. I consider it a break from real life.

[1] Within limitations of what the game is capable of doing, of course.

I completely agree, except for this idea that there's some sort of limit on what I can build! I refuse to accept it, I say! I refuse!!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 519 of 519