Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 5:52 AM Last edited by ooga booga : 8th Mar 2010 at 11:36 PM.
very important bad news on Bruce Lee sim (UPDATE, sim is salvaged)
SIM IS SAVED, thanks to Ghost sdoj the sim has been recovered.

unfortunately my computer crashed and as a result the program files were lost and very little remains of the sim, this post does not mean I am returning to this forum, I merely wish to post what I managed to salvage of the project in hopes that someone here will make use of it.

as this is the fourth time i've had my computer crash midway through making a bruce lee sim I have had enough and I have cancelled the project. I give full permission to anyone to complete this project if they wish, it would be a shame to see this die just because of me. the package titled "BruceLeeproject part 4" may contain the file that would salvage the facial structure, but I am not sure.

sorry if anyone was following the project, but it is highly unlikely that I will personally finish this project. however please contact me immediately if you manage to salvage the sim from the files i've posted here.
Attached files:
File Type: zip  BruceLeeproject part 1.zip (879.0 KB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  BruceLeeproject part 2.zip (7.65 MB, 18 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  BruceLeeproject part 3.zip (1.03 MB, 15 downloads) - View custom content
File Type: zip  BruceLeeproject part 4.zip (1.69 MB, 15 downloads) - View custom content

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Advertisement
Site Helper
#2 Old 15th Jan 2010 at 9:33 PM
I'm not having much luck in not having bodyshop crash every time I open it either.

This is becoming an interesting challenge.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 1:59 AM
I take it you're working on retrieving the facial structure right? i'm not sure which files in part 4 are related to the sim itself, try removing a few files. it'd be unfortunate to have textures be the only remaing part of the project.

I no longer make sims, if you wish to contact me through this site it is highly unlikely that you will receive a reply.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 7:54 PM

there's a pic of Bruce Lee

Rise above hate. Love one another. Be kind.
I am INACTIVE on MTS
Come find me on GoS and tumblr:
TS2 Blog
TS4 Blog
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 3:25 AM
any updates ghost sdoj? or is this left with nothing but textures? (personally I think the face might've needed a restart though)

Site Helper
#6 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 8:31 PM
There might be a sim in this, but I'm still trying to figure out what is going on with my bodyshop. It's not your files; even when I have them all back on the desktop Bodyshop crashes after it loads halfway. Which is really weird, because nothing should have changed between now and the last time it worked.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 11:26 PM
good to hear that it might still be there, best of luck.

Site Helper
#8 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 3:11 PM
GOOD NEWS! I was playing Sims 2, and it crashed. Then the computer crashed. To make a long story short, after dealing with all of that I finally got Bodyshop working and there IS a sim in there!

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#9 Old 8th Mar 2010 at 11:31 PM
amazing news! now the question is what to do with it?

Site Helper
#10 Old 9th Mar 2010 at 4:23 AM
I have never tried to make a realistic sim before. I can try to work on him myself, but I can't guarantee that I'm going to be very good at it. (I think this would be the first sim I've made without pointed ears.) As I said when I started, it looks like an interesting challenge.

Or someone else could take over now that it has been confirmed that there really is a sim in the mix?

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#11 Old 11th Mar 2010 at 6:30 AM
we'll just see how it goes from here I guess.