Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#51 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 9:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jpage1982
Note to self: Don't run that Mod Repair Tool on 2.46GB of 3,282 Build/Buy Object mods! The end result? My game now refuses to open!

Thankfully, I have a back-up from a few months ago, but just a fair warning to others who may be thinking of doing the same thing.
Don't do it! Save yourself!

P.S.: The reason I decided to try it was, because, no matter how hard I tried, my Sim kept flailing around helplessly when I told them to do anything with the fridge or oven.
On that note, is there anyone else experiencing the same issue?

When that happens there is one or a couple of borked mods already in your mods folder. I thought what happened to you happened to me too, since after I ran the repair tool my game refused to open when yesterday I had no issues. However I decided to go through them all a couple at a time, and for me it was some rugs and eyelashes that f***ed the game up. All the rest worked.
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#52 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 10:14 AM Last edited by jpage1982 : 4th Jun 2016 at 10:45 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Incarnia
When that happens there is one or a couple of borked mods already in your mods folder. I thought what happened to you happened to me too, since after I ran the repair tool my game refused to open when yesterday I had no issues. However I decided to go through them all a couple at a time, and for me it was some rugs and eyelashes that f***ed the game up. All the rest worked.

Rugs & Eyelashes are even a possibility?! To quote from the ever eloquent Argus Filch:
"Oh dear, we are in trouble..."

*Update* - Whooboy, I solved the issue! Mercifully (AM I NOT MERCIFUL?!), it was some kind of new random location bug. I could have sworn I'd used the fridge in that spot, before, but now my Sim is helpless against the eveel that is the kitchen corner!
Soooo, I switched an adjacent counter with the fridge, and PRESTO! Disaster averted, praise the gods!!!

Oh, and to add a stroke of irony, my chump of a sim slaps that grilled cheese on the counter where the fridge once resided like it was as normal as scratching an itch. -_-
Damn you, kitchen corner...
Field Researcher
#53 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Celia
Shop from fridge and recipe overhaul causes me to not be able to load any household--it goes into eternal loading.

Yup, same here...made me crazy until I figured it out, food changes coming/food mod, duh.
Forum Resident
#54 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 3:35 PM
I have a big problem.
Vanilla game, without any mods and CC
Career doctor: when The doctor examines a patient, the patient is reset.

The game generates a file last exception !!!
I did a repair game, but that has changed nothing ... patient is reset...
Test Subject
#55 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 4:51 PM
So sad for advanced debug enabled =(, I really need it back
Mad Poster
#56 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 5:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
I have a big problem.
Vanilla game, without any mods and CC
Career doctor: when The doctor examines a patient, the patient is reset.

The game generates a file last exception !!!
I did a repair game, but that has changed nothing ... patient is reset...

That's getting reported A LOT on the official forums and EA Answers HQ thingimajig website. I have a doctor but haven't got around to another work day yet to experience it. I think I may send her alone until it is fixed.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Forum Resident
#57 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 6:30 PM
I saw on the official forum as I'm not the only one who has this problem with doctor careers...
I'm upset because I lost more than 5 hours looking for what mods is in conflict....
Scholar
#58 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 6:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by catalina_45
I saw on the official forum as I'm not the only one who has this problem with doctor careers...
I'm upset because I lost more than 5 hours looking for what mods is in conflict....

If you have a Last Exception file, you might want to share it on the MC Command Center comments thread. Deaderpool mentioned if he had one to look at, that maybe he could design a workaround till EA fixes it. Providing, of course, it's something he could fix. Might as well give it a try. I would, but I don't play the active careers, except for a few retail stores.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 7:13 PM
The latest update seems to have broken a mod by CmarNYC that affects body meshes of Sims in their "true nude state," that is when they're showering or skinny dipping for example. I can't say more due to the nature of this website, but there is a discussion on the matter in CmarNYC's thread at MTS's sister website.

I could also swear that some of the women's swimsuit bottoms have vanished, but perhaps it's just me.
Mad Poster
#60 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 7:33 PM
Maybe the female swim bottoms are affected by the same thing as a male hair and top from Movie Hangout. You have to clear ALL filters for them to show up. I've tried fixing it for the two items I've noticed with an override mod but I can't seem to get them to show under the masculine tag no matter what settings I've tried. It obviously isn't as easy as simply ticking the "masculine" tag box, that's for sure.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Smeg Head
#61 Old 4th Jun 2016 at 11:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
That's getting reported A LOT on the official forums and EA Answers HQ thingimajig website. I have a doctor but haven't got around to another work day yet to experience it. I think I may send her alone until it is fixed.

When did this start happening? I've currently put my Doctor Career Reimagined mod set on hold. But these last three or four weeks I never spotted that once during a great deal of doctor/hospital mod testing. Glad I didn't, otherwise I would have been pulling my hair out thinking it was my mods causing it.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:14 AM
Coolspear, it was June 2nd's patch. I had my guy get to the top of the doctor career on purpose after I read about that bug. I wanted to test that bug out, and sure enough I followed him to work, and Geoffrey Landgraab was the first patient to examine, and he "jumped' out of bed after I clicked on examine and take temperature. Annoying to say the least.
Smeg Head
#63 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr
Coolspear, it was June 2nd's patch. I had my guy get to the top of the doctor career on purpose after I read about that bug. I wanted to test that bug out, and sure enough I followed him to work, and Geoffrey Landgraab was the first patient to examine, and he "jumped' out of bed after I clicked on examine and take temperature. Annoying to say the least.

Thanks. I did spot all those XMLs were changed too. Totally breaking all my doctor mods. It's partly due to that new HUMAN tag info going into the files, so whatever non human entities are coming to our games soon, they do not get treated at hospital and such the like.

Perhaps Geoffrey Landgraab is now non HUMAN!!!! Shock horror!!!!
Field Researcher
#64 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by andistyr

Maybe he just hates doctors?
Field Researcher
#65 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:27 AM
You're welcome....LOL - I spent too much time trying to properly diagnose and treat him with his "jumping' out of bed, that at least 3 patients walked out because of my slowness.
Field Researcher
#66 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by coolspear1
Thanks. I did spot all those XMLs were changed too. Totally breaking all my doctor mods. It's partly due to that new HUMAN tag info going into the files, so whatever non human entities are coming to our games soon, they do not get treated at hospital and such the like.

Perhaps Geoffrey Landgraab is now non HUMAN!!!! Shock horror!!!!

Will this bug affect alien births that are done at the hospital? Does anyone know?
Smeg Head
#67 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:36 AM Last edited by coolspear1 : 5th Jun 2016 at 12:50 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
Maybe he just hates doctors?

In my game, he was the first sim I made a doctor when GTW was installed. Promoted him all the way to the top, too. This is because he was in doctor career in TS3, I just wanted to keep consistency with him. Same with Mortimer Goth being top scientist. That was his job since the original Sims games.

Quote: Originally posted by jmfuqua2013
Will this bug affect alien births that are done at the hospital? Does anyone know?

I was wondering something similar after the introduction of the HUMAN tag. Why not also an ALIEN tag? The fact they share so many of the same files, and it's only a few things that makes them different, I think the Aliens fall under the same HUMAN category in the most part. So I should imagine the alien births will remain the same as the human births.

The non human entity soon to come will be so non-human-like, I should imagine it would be animal. Didn't one of the gurus hint something about a "menagerie" several weeks ago?
Field Researcher
#68 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 12:50 AM
In my game, he was the first sim I made a doctor when GTW was installed. Promoted him all the way to the top, too. This is because he was in doctor career in TS3, I just wanted to keep consistency with him. Same with Mortimer Goth being top scientist. That was his job since the original Sims games.

I was just joking
Field Researcher
#69 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 1:16 AM
Unfortunately, Scumbumbo's fix of Dr. Chillgood's Toilets Clog, not Spew, is broken.
Field Researcher
#70 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 1:48 AM
I was wondering something similar after the introduction of the HUMAN tag. Why not also an ALIEN tag? The fact they share so many of the same files, and it's only a few things that makes them different, I think the Aliens fall under the same HUMAN category in the most part. So I should imagine the alien births will remain the same as the human births.

The non human entity soon to come will be so non-human-like, I should imagine it would be animal. Didn't one of the gurus hint something about a "menagerie" several weeks ago?

I wasn't sure because of the differences between humans and aliens in the game
Mother Function
retired moderator
#71 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 1:57 AM

I, for one, will be patiently waiting for that mod

"Holy Shift! Check out the asymptotes on that mother function!"
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 3:02 AM
After much cursing and grinding of teeth over the "debug enabled" cheat being borked, I remembered the olden days (2 yrs ago) when we entered modifications in the cheat console, for example, "stats.set_skill_level Major_Fishing 7". Definitely the hard way to go, but better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. I upgraded to a new computer in the middle of this "update", and am now suffering over making new Sims old.
Test Subject
#73 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 3:12 AM
An updated version of the Advanced Debug Enabler has been shared by weerbesu in the original mod's comment section. I certainly hope it gets formally released so it is easier for folks to find.

Also if I remember correctly, "human" tags were added en-mass to TS3 objects prior to the release of pets, which literally destroyed every CC object sims could interact with until their creators finally updated them.
I'm not speculating, nor creating rumours, just pointing out a strong similarity from the last iteration which may, or may not mean anything.
Test Subject
#74 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 4:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by the ceiling fan
An updated version of the Advanced Debug Enabler has been shared by weerbesu in the original mod's comment section. I certainly hope it gets formally released so it is easier for folks to find.

Also if I remember correctly, "human" tags were added en-mass to TS3 objects prior to the release of pets, which literally destroyed every CC object sims could interact with until their creators finally updated them.
I'm not speculating, nor creating rumours, just pointing out a strong similarity from the last iteration which may, or may not mean anything.

Well, this was found in the most recent patch notes
Instructor
#75 Old 5th Jun 2016 at 10:59 AM
First - hello to all

I have a question pls: Zerbu's "Enhanced Lighting" still works after the last patch?

Kindly regards from Austria
Page 3 of 6