Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 6:57 PM
Default Changing clothes takes FOREVER
So i recently-ish installed kinky world. Now before i installed it i was already a bit laggy and clothing changes were sometimes slow but it really wasnt such a big deal. Now however it makes playing the game soooooooooo time consuming. Clothes off for shower? Stands there for 3 real time mins. Changing into Pjs? stands there a hot min. Totally Naked for the sex stuff included in kinkyworld......almost stops gameplay completly sometimes. Sometimes it will take like 5 real mins to get undressed, sometimes if im whoring for example, they will take so long to undress that it basically cancels the action and as soon as their naked they leave instead of doin the dirty. Help? Suggestions? My game is very very low on CC, I have NRAAS SP and MC installed but no other gameplay tweekers just basic objects and like hair and skins.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 7:22 PM
It's not uncommon for it to take long, but not nearly as long as you're describing. The problem is that you don't have Overwatch and ErrorTrap installed. They keep your game clean and uncluttered. You'll ruin your savegames if you don't install them.
What I usually do when I need a Sim to change their clothes is pause the game. I always pause my game when giving Sims commands, and when I need one of them to change clothes I'll wait for 10-15 seconds before unpausing. That way they'll spend less time standing around.
If you have your game files on an SSD, by the way, it should be a little quicker too. Some of my Sims' outfits will load in just a couple of seconds.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Alchemist
#3 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 7:30 PM
According to @igazor (hi!), Story Progression isn't compatible with Kinky World: http://nraas.wikispaces.com/share/v...eplyId=90950346
Quote:
[Kinky World] is far-reaching and is not compatible with several NRaas mods. My information there is not the most up to date, but leaving aside other things like Register and ErrorTrap that have historically become unusable, it is my understanding that because of the way her mod changes impregnation and gestation, it won't work with SP and that's the mod from here you would have to rely upon to get (close to) where you wanted to go. Not sure about Woohooer being compatible anymore though it would seem odd if that combo would work out either.

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 9:44 PM
The most important feature of nraas SP for me has been the career pushing especially because it puts my townies in careers that match their wants and lifetime goals, and i use a complete set of personally made townies instead of the ones that come with the worlds. I like to make my sims very social and i like to "know everything" i can about my sims friends so i hate when i find they are either jobless or in a career they shouldnt be in. Is there another mod that will mesh well with kinky world that does this?
Scholar
#5 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:53 PM
When my save loads, I let it run for a few seconds and then pause for about 5-10 minutes and do something else in the meantime. It lets the game pretty much load as much as it can and really cuts down on the clothes changing animation. Especially when it comes to Outerwear for cold weather.
Mad Poster
#6 Old 31st Oct 2017 at 11:57 PM
I've replied to the OP by way of PM since that got my attention first on the question of using some other form of story progression alongside the mod under discussion. But the short answer is "Sorry, but no."
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 12:36 AM Last edited by floopyboo : 1st Nov 2017 at 6:53 AM.
MadamVioletDomme can I recommend you look at Passion - the other mod on the same website that covers the same ground. It isn't as hard on your system and it can be used with the full NRASS suite. From the sound of it, it might be a better fit for your game, cumputer* & playstyle.

*I did not mean to write that, but under the circumstances that was an hilarious typo!

Living high contrast
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#8 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 1:14 AM
Thank you all soooo much. Looks like im probably ditching KW for Passion so I can keep SP which is more important to me lol. I got KW because i wanted to just be able to do something ive never done with sims which is get all 18+ with it lol. Recently watched Harlots on hulu and i soooo want a brothel and to be a working girl
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#9 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 1:24 AM
This sounds like a great idea i will def try when i load then game later.

Quote: Originally posted by CatMuto
When my save loads, I let it run for a few seconds and then pause for about 5-10 minutes and do something else in the meantime. It lets the game pretty much load as much as it can and really cuts down on the clothes changing animation. Especially when it comes to Outerwear for cold weather.
Scholar
#10 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 4:25 AM
Completely objective question.. what is "kinky world?" I'd rather not use the ol' Googleheim
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 6:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pretenshus
Completely objective question.. what is "kinky world?" I'd rather not use the ol' Googleheim

Kinkyworld and Passion are different variations on mods for adult interactions or the type that aren't hosted on this website. It's a lot safer for you to google "Lovers Lab" than kinkyworld. Just search for the sims 3 section of the forums and you'll get some conclusive answers. If you do not want to see mods of this nature, then disregard my instructions and have a lovely day.

Living high contrast
Scholar
#13 Old 1st Nov 2017 at 11:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by floopyboo
Kinkyworld and Passion are different variations on mods for adult interactions or the type that aren't hosted on this website. It's a lot safer for you to google "Lovers Lab" than kinkyworld. Just search for the sims 3 section of the forums and you'll get some conclusive answers. If you do not want to see mods of this nature, then disregard my instructions and have a lovely day.

Ah yes, exactly what it sounds like. Thank you.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 2nd Nov 2017 at 4:22 PM
The mod in question also alters the game's Trait and Dream (wish) Managers. If and when these break, the game becomes unplayable. In addition to detecting and deactivating NRaas mods (from very recent reports, this might be new), its behavior is very far-reaching and close to that of a Core Mod. It is not a mod that is at all conducive to long-running games. Whenever a new version has come out, players have been told that they have to start their games over from the beginning. It's interesting that some have apparently found a way to get SP to work alongside of it (on current KW versions?) but that does not sound typical. From what we have seen from players bringing their broken games to us at NRaas, travel only makes things worse so in addition to the others mentioned Traveler essentially becomes useless as well.

It depends what the player intends to get out of their games -- short term or long term. But I'm afraid there is no official support available at all for those who are trying to have both KW and NRaas mods in play at the same time.

Passion, on the other hand, although a bit more than just a custom animation loader, has always been much gentler on ongoing long-term games and doesn't have all of the far-reaching features that have the capacity to break things.