Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Imagine Wonderfully!
staff: trainee moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 11:34 AM
Default Ideas for Poses?
Hello to anyone who's reading this,

I've been making poses for some years now, and I've made a lot, but I've ran out of ideas and I was thinking to make some that ya'll like and soon upload.
I'm sorry if this is the wrong area to post or wrong category.
Thanks for any ideas!

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 1:43 PM Last edited by GrijzePilion : 28th Oct 2017 at 1:59 PM.
I've been wanting to make some poses for my Sim, Amber. She has kind of a macho, douchey, masculine-ish personality, like a lazy stoner who says "bro" and "dude" a lot, and her body language should reflect that. So she kind of rests against things like a big sack of potatoes, and she has kind of a slouchy way of walking because she thinks she's cool or something. That kind of, more or less describes every lesbian I personally know (and about every other guy, myself PROBABLY included) and that's kind of what I'm going with for Amber, too. I suppose that could be a fun thing to turn into some poses. You never really see any poses where Sims look like, "they just don't, like, really give a fuck right now, y'know?"
Some references:

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#3 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 2:44 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 28th Oct 2017 at 4:27 PM.
GrijzePilion I can't see the first image, but the second looks easy to do! I'll try and make some others too, like maybe gangster type?

EDIT:

Is this good?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg  blender 2017-10-28 15-47-32-11.jpg (1.50 MB, 22 downloads)
File Type: jpg  blender 2017-10-28 15-48-31-61.jpg (1.50 MB, 13 downloads)
File Type: jpg  blender 2017-10-28 15-49-11-31.jpg (1.50 MB, 10 downloads)
File Type: jpg  blender 2017-10-28 16-03-22-06.jpg (1.50 MB, 12 downloads)
File Type: jpg  blender 2017-10-28 16-04-04-27.jpg (1.50 MB, 9 downloads)
File Type: jpg  blender 2017-10-28 16-04-42-64.jpg (1.50 MB, 10 downloads)

- When one gets inspired by the other, the one inspires another - Anything is Possible.

You can view some of my WIPs and other stuff for TS3 on my Twitter here ---> https://twitter.com/SweetSavanita
Scholar
#4 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:23 PM
Mobile phone poses are what immediately comes to mind. I just end up reusing the same few again and again...
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#5 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
Mobile phone poses are what immediately comes to mind. I just end up reusing the same few again and again...

Is the mobile phone an accessory? I don't really do poses with objects like that but I can try.

Site Helper
#6 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:28 PM
Someone was just looking for poses of someone falling off a horse. The pictures they posted were from the game, but I'm sure they would love some others.

I am Ghost. My husband is sidneydoj. I post, he downloads, and I wanted to keep my post count.
Group for Avatar Makers* Funny Stories *2017 Yearbook
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:29 PM
I'l be on that too! Thanks everyone!

Scholar
#8 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TheSweetToddler
Is the mobile phone an accessory? I don't really do poses with objects like that but I can try.

I'm afraid so. Like these ones or the one used in this set. That's okay though, don't worry about it
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#9 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:10 PM Last edited by TheSweetToddler : 29th Oct 2017 at 5:47 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Nat 619
I'm afraid so. Like these ones or the one used in this set. That's okay though, don't worry about it

I can do it! It's just going to take me a lot of testing, don't worry I'll make some

Edit:

I need a phone for the right hand...damn it.

Scholar
#10 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:40 PM
I'm always thinking "Oh, I wish there were a pose for that" but I'm afraid those are usually ideas for very specific scenes in stories, so I doubt many others would find much use for them. But one that occurred to me, whilst watching child sims standing on chairs holding royal court, was that I wished I could show them sitting on their 'throne' performing the same kind of imperious gestures. Perhaps other kids in attendance, bowing or kneeling, that sort of thing.

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Scholar
#11 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 5:44 PM
I can do it! It's just going to take me a lot of testing, don't worry I'll make some

Well, if you're sure, thanks! Your others look good anyway.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 28th Oct 2017 at 7:10 PM
GrijzePilion I can't see the first image, but the second looks easy to do! I'll try and make some others too, like maybe gangster type?
EDIT:
Is this good?

Those look great!

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#13 Old 29th Oct 2017 at 5:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Elynda
I'm always thinking "Oh, I wish there were a pose for that" but I'm afraid those are usually ideas for very specific scenes in stories, so I doubt many others would find much use for them. But one that occurred to me, whilst watching child sims standing on chairs holding royal court, was that I wished I could show them sitting on their 'throne' performing the same kind of imperious gestures. Perhaps other kids in attendance, bowing or kneeling, that sort of thing.

I've made 10 poses, 5 for the king and 5 for other kids. I'll probably upload sometime after Halloween.
Screenshots

Scholar
#14 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:06 AM
I need a phone for the right hand...damn it.

The download for the simpurity poses has a right-handed phone included in the download Those kids poses look great!
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 3:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GrijzePilion
I've been wanting to make some poses for my Sim, Amber. She has kind of a macho, douchey, masculine-ish personality, like a lazy stoner who says "bro" and "dude" a lot, and her body language should reflect that. So she kind of rests against things like a big sack of potatoes, and she has kind of a slouchy way of walking because she thinks she's cool or something. That kind of, more or less describes every lesbian I personally know (and about every other guy, myself PROBABLY included) and that's kind of what I'm going with for Amber, too. I suppose that could be a fun thing to turn into some poses. You never really see any poses where Sims look like, "they just don't, like, really give a fuck right now, y'know?"
Some references:

Your sims look so realistic!
Scholar
#16 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 5:45 AM Last edited by Elynda : 30th Oct 2017 at 6:00 AM.
I've made 10 poses, 5 for the king and 5 for other kids. I'll probably upload sometime after Halloween.

Oh, those look just the job! The fifth one in particular would do perfectly for the scene I have in mind. I look forward to downloading them. Excellent work, and thanks!

Legend is history as we would like it to be. We pick through the dusts of time for what is worth keeping and, here and there, we occasionally find treasure.

Simblr: Elyndaworld *** Wordpress: Tales of Nantrelor
Imagine Wonderfully!
Original Poster
#17 Old 30th Oct 2017 at 8:28 PM
Your Welcome everybody!