Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:03 PM
Default How do you get rid of townies?
Nuff said I suppose.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:13 PM
Existing ones or do you want to prevent them from being created in new hoods?

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Theorist
#3 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:45 PM Last edited by PenelopeT : 3rd May 2017 at 7:48 PM.
When I first decided to only create and play custom neighborhoods, I used the instructions from http://www.woodensimolean.com/NoMoreUglyNPCs. There are different degrees of removal for all types of sims, so read everything carefully. The instructions can still help even if you play only premade neighborhoods.

Also, knowing that I'd never (ever) want to play with any of the sims generated by the game, I went with the 'Scorched Earth Approach' on every category. With this method, all of my future neighborhoods will be a blank canvas as well.

“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.” ― Jean-Luc Picard
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#4 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 5:58 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Voeille
Existing ones or do you want to prevent them from being created in new hoods?

The Door option B (created)
Lab Assistant
#5 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 6:04 PM
To create neighborhoods free from the Pleasantview townies/NPCs, I followed this tutorial .

To create sub-neighborhoods (like Downtown and the Universities) free from townies, you will need empty templates. I use those .
Scholar
#6 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 7:40 PM
Instead of using clean templates, I just moved the folders with Maxis templates from the game files to an independent folder somewhere else. I only wanted to use the uni templates once (and I wanted the townies), so after I used them I moved the folders, and I don’t want subhoods such as the magic one or hobby because I don’t want to visit them anyway. I have mods that prevent hobby instructors to be needed for anything so the game doesn’t even generate them at all.

“Secret is only a secret when it is unspoken to another.”
Simblr
My profile on the official forums
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#8 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 9:01 PM Last edited by Nysha : 30th Apr 2017 at 10:12 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PlatinumPlumbbob
In case you already have Townies in your neighborhood, you can always start a Sim Hunger Games. Any Sim that is flagged as a Townie must be made selectable/playable and die in the Death Chamber. The Death Chamber has only one refrigerator, one toilet, one sink, one trash can, and one bed. So, everybody must compete. The last three survivors of the Hunger Games are rewarded freedom and integration into the neighborhood as full-fledged, playable Sims.

I want a complete/finished/succesful genocide without those buggers ever spawning/born(ing?) again
Mad Poster
#9 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 9:44 PM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 30th Apr 2017 at 9:58 PM.
In my game, the townies are full citizens with the same inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as the playables. I cannot infringe their constitutional rights.

Townies are often important characters in my game, and many of them become playable. I have townies in all the neighbourhoods I play, but the Pleasantview townies can only be found in Pleasantview. In my custom 'hoods (and in [Tarlia's] Strangetown) my townies are either generated in game or created in CAS and changed into townies. Whenever I create a new neighbourhood (which isn't often), I temporarily remove the Pleasantview template from my Program Files so I don't get the Pleasantview townies in the new 'hood.

I have treated townies and NPCs with respect ever since I realised that they all have their aspirations, hopes (wants) and fears the same as the playables. (And indeed very much like we have ourselves.) As far as I am concerned Sims are just too human-like to hurt them.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:02 PM
Jawusa's method here http://modthesims.info/t/544800 is sound and safe, I helped with testing those. You also need to download these: http://modthesims.info/d/520751.

It will not change your current hood, but any new hoods have no townies at all, and if you install all of the templates there are really nobody there (in fact, it is so empty that I went back to playing the normal townies because I missed them ).
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#11 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:14 PM
And, of course, you need notownieregen from here (if you don't have AL, go up one level in that directory and download it from the folder for your most recent EP).

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:24 PM
And nodormieregen too, or the dormies will generate as usual.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#13 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:26 PM
OMG. So many suggestions. Thank y'all. Which I should I pick now :O
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#14 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
In my game, the townies are full citizens with the same inalienable rights to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness as the playables. I cannot infringe their constitutional rights.

Townies are often important characters in my game, and many of them become playable. I have townies in all the neighbourhoods I play, but the Pleasantview townies can only be found in Pleasantview. In my custom 'hoods (and in [Tarlia's] Strangetown) my townies are either generated in game or created in CAS and changed into townies. Whenever I create a new neighbourhood (which isn't often), I temporarily remove the Pleasantview template from my Program Files so I don't get the Pleasantview townies in the new 'hood.

I have treated townies and NPCs with respect ever since I realised that they all have their aspirations, hopes (wants) and fears the same as the playables. (And indeed very much like we have ourselves.) As far as I am concerned Sims are just too human-like to hurt them.

Love your positivity. I'm simply bored with them and I rather grind friendships with the sims I created without these repeating cloned clowns that happen to be lost as usual. Some aren't even reachable to get in touch once they leave your frozen-in-time lot. It feels shallow, ya know? A wee little bit creepy
Mad Poster
#15 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 10:41 PM
I will stick with my recommendation. Not that the others do not work, but Jawusa has put a lot of work into these and she has done her best to make these safe, and I believe it is also the latest templates available.

When I decided to test, I made a hood and I played it for a long time (still backed up) - and I had no problems. You can have Pleasantview with all the lots, but not a single Sim in sight They work very well indeed (except when you start missing Goopy )
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 30th Apr 2017 at 11:38 PM
Empty templates. If they are already there you can toss a prisoner tag into their inventories/kill them off. Make sure you have to no townie respawn mod. But really, empty templates are the way to go if you are tired of seeing Goppy for the 100'th time in a new hood. Then you can just make yourself some custom townies or none at all. I find a few custom made ones to be useful.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#17 Old 1st May 2017 at 10:14 AM
When you can't avoid them, you can ban them from all the community lots in town, and residential as well with the VC. I only import them when necessary. In my Bellefleur hood (Pleasantview renamed and a bit older) I've got a few of them transformed into citizens. Because this version was before I ever used empty templates, I'm stuck with them all, and the animals too.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#18 Old 1st May 2017 at 5:31 PM
Thank y'all. I'll look into your suggestions and choose them.
Mad Poster
#19 Old 2nd May 2017 at 10:20 PM
I honestly never minded townies too much until Apartment Life. As long as you put measures in place to force each neighbourhood to make its own rather than always using Pleasantview's, it's nice to have some "NPC neighbours" to fill up the town. And since downtownies and dormies only spawn when the relevant subhood is added, it means you get a little variety, with larger, busier hoods having more people which I always liked. But the AL townies are so many, the game creates FIFTY, and they are chosen from such a small pool of clothing and hair - some of them even wear the same clothes! - and the AL Social Group clothing is really very strange, not anything like clothes you'd see people wearing in real life, that I soon found I didn't care for them. Unlike ordinary townies, they just don't give across any personality, as well as being too numerous. No - they had to go, and so I found it better to remove all townies and create my own unique to each hood.

I use empty templates. I keep the Maxis ones in a spare folder just in case.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Forum Resident
#20 Old 3rd May 2017 at 12:00 AM
I don't have many townies in Sedona. I have two townies I made, and they won't be townies for much longer. I accidentally generated one elder townie for a new apartment building, but she's a good customer for my doctor's office. Sadly, I tried to kill the garden club guy and he wouldn't die. *pouts*

As for Blue Point, I'm just sort of stuck with townies. Some of the older ones are aging and dying. Hopefully I won't have too many new ones regenerate.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 4th May 2017 at 5:08 AM
I just do the little trick with Pleasantview so it doesn't generate its townies. Then I go into SimPE and use Theo's deleter tool to take out townies. Why? Because I have a list of names that Boiling Oil over at Simbology showed me how to do, I have new face templates installed, and any AL townies will regenerate with better looks and names. If I'm not satisfied with them, back to SimPE.

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Scholar
#22 Old 4th May 2017 at 4:16 PM Last edited by DezzyBoo : 4th May 2017 at 11:47 PM.
I once killed all my Townies...the wrong way.

What a lovely decision that was...

*sarcasm

"Oh look, my grandchild is now an elder. They grow up so fast. Gee, I wonder when I'll finally graduate college." Sims 2
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#23 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:23 PM
Oh dear

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#24 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:34 PM
I would not assume that Theo's deleter tool is 100% safe.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Space Pony
#25 Old 4th May 2017 at 11:45 PM
Empty templates, an empty environment and noregen mods.. total zero townies/anything ever , if you forget the mandatory, like maildelivery and paperboy/girl , and like those, but those can be get rid of too if really needed (It is not called empty environment for nothing )

And if you want there will not be even cashregisters spawned, make sure the only communitylot with cashregister is an owned business, before any of your sims visit, so that one won't spawn either

~~~~Call me Ellu ~~~

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..