Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:25 PM
Default How to create empty neighbourhoods in UC?
Hello everyone,

I'm trying to build a medieval neighbourhood and the "normal" townies don't quite fit the theme

I tried following the instructions on The Sims Wiki, and the neighbourhood I create is emptier than the others, but still has 87 character files. I checked with the summoning bush and these include:
1. Summon Default: NPCs like Bigfoot and the witches - I assume I can't get rid of them, that's ok.
2. Summon Hanby: those seem to be the service NPCs, also ok with me.
3. Summon Bendett: Those are regular sims, including for example Goopie GilsCarbo and Brandi LeTourneau. Can I get rid of them?

Those are the steps I have taken:
1. Renamed N001 to N001-bak in C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Double Deluxe\Base\TSData\Res\UserData\Neighborhoods
2. Downloaded and replaced the five stealth hoods (P001, G002, V001, F002, E002). Just one example where they were found:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\The Sims 2 Ultimate Collection\Bon Voyage\TSData\Res\NeighborhoodTemplate
3. Start the game and create a new neighbourhood on the neighbourhood selection screen. I think I chose the Belladonna Cove template. Is the template important?
4. Immediately quit the game and looked for the characterfiles. There were 87.

Thanks for any help

Also, related question: I know I can't delete sims, but can I delete Neighbourhoods?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th May 2017 at 8:52 PM
You can delete neighbourhoods.

Did you download the mods: NoTownieRegen, AntiRedundancy, NoStrayRespawn, depending on which of these functions you want?

I would replace N001 in Program Files with the blank empty no townies one rather than renaming it. That is what I have done.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th May 2017 at 9:21 PM
Yes, I have
antiredundancy
nodormieregen
nossrespawn
nostrayrespawn
notownieregen
CJ-ThereCanBeOnlyOneProfessor
CJ-TownieAppartmentResidents

So basically all the mods the Wiki recommended.
By replace, you mean download an empty N001?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th May 2017 at 10:38 PM
You can download empty hoods here: http://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=544800
She still has about 3 to do, but this is enough for a start.
Just read all the instructions - I hope it helps.

Or you can download clean hoods here: http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/43753.html, depending on exactly what you want.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 27th May 2017 at 11:24 PM
Yes I would use an empty N001. Or I should say that is what I use in my game. I used the ones from MATY. I think? Now I've said that, I recognise Jawusa's thread too!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#6 Old 29th May 2017 at 10:10 AM
Thanks Justpetro, I'll take a look at it when the weather cools down
Right now I don't wanna spend time at the computer.