Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Dec 2013 at 10:26 PM
Eyes loosing quality?
I'm trying to make a set of Default Replacement (and maybe later, extra colours) eyes. I know how to do it, but i don't understand why the image looses quality and would like to know if there's a special way to stop this, as I've seen eye sets where they are still very crisp.

Thank you!

Attached is a picture showing you what I mean. The images are saved as PNG, could that be the problem?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 12:49 AM
To be honest, I don't see that much of a difference. On my screen, they're both pretty "soft-focus"; the only difference I can see is that the outside edge of the iris is ever-so-slightly sharper on the "Before" image.

If you're losing quality, it could be your graphics program and how you're saving the image. PNG format shouldn't be making things blurry, though.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:01 AM
I can see the graininess/artefacts there. When is this happening? Before and after what?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Inventor
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Nysha
I can see the graininess/artefacts there. When is this happening? Before and after what?

after i've "build DXt". the picture i load in is perfectly fine, but as soon as i've clicked "build", the new image is all bad quality
I got the "after" image from exporting the texture i'd just built. I have the settings to DTX5Format and set to smoothen, but i've tried other settings and it's the same if not worse?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by supersimoholic
after i've "build DXt". the picture i load in is perfectly fine, but as soon as i've clicked "build", the new image is all bad quality
I got the "after" image from exporting the texture i'd just built. I have the settings to DTX5Format and set to smoothen, but i've tried other settings and it's the same if not worse?

Don't use "Smoothen". That blurs things. Set it to "None".
Inventor
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Dec 2013 at 1:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by fakepeeps7
Don't use "Smoothen". That blurs things. Set it to "None".

I've tried that and it's exactly the same, i've tried many settings