Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:20 AM
Default Custom Skin: It looks awful and I don't know how to fix
I'm fairly experienced with using Body Shop to recolor clothing, but this is my first attempt at creating a custom face. I started with the lightest Maxis skin, but I just can't get it to blend with my skin because I'm so fair. Here is what I've done so far and it looks so bad Photo 1
And here is the original photo... not much but it's what I've got to work with. Photo of Me
Should I make the skin lighter so that it will be easier to blend with mine? Do I need a better pic of myself? I've tried every blending tool in photoshop that I know of. Maybe I'm missing something?
I even watched tutorials on youtube for doing this, but it's not working for me.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:38 AM
I think it looks good.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:40 AM
Thanks. I guess I'll have to start making a sim with it and see how it turns out.. the way it is right now just looks creepy to me! lol
Field Researcher
#4 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 1:47 AM
If you left the details too much on the skin it's gonna look messy. I suggest you to cut out everything except all the necessary details such as eyelids, undereye, lips and nose
Instructor
#5 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 2:41 AM
Personally, I wouldn't use the whole photograph for the skin, like Dragonflysparkles said just keep the important details. It might also be a good idea to use a custom skintone as a base, Maxis skins are very matte and if you're blending with photos it won't look good.
This tutorial has some tips for blending skins as well:
http://digitalperversion.net/garden...hp?topic=1052.0

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 4:47 AM
I tried just using details and still had trouble blending.. but I think you're right about using a custom skintone. I adjusted the saturation of the maxis skin tone and that helped, but she looked super freaky in game when she gets expressions on her face! haha
This is giving me a headache though so think I'll just go play the game for a while. Ever get so frustrated with something that you have to quit? Ugh! Somebody else should make it! lol
Field Researcher
#7 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:08 AM
If you're making a self sim a blending a picture of you with a skintone isn't necessary at all. Just like making celeb sims, the right make up and facial sculpts can do the trick.
And honestly I would like to volunteer to blend actually ._. Anyway I love blending skintones, it's very fun.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 3rd Feb 2014 at 6:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dragonflysparkles
If you're making a self sim a blending a picture of you with a skintone isn't necessary at all. Just like making celeb sims, the right make up and facial sculpts can do the trick.
And honestly I would like to volunteer to blend actually ._. Anyway I love blending skintones, it's very fun.

If you really get in the mood to make a skintone, here is an album of pics of me so you can use whichever pic would work best. Album

That would be awesome! :D