Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 6:40 PM
Default About Stuff Packs ...
I havent ever bought any. I was kind of not into Sims when they all came out, now what 4 years later I am trying to catch up.

Is there anywhere to see what items come in each stuff pack?
And I have up to Apartment Life ... what disc would I play with or does it tell you at start up?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 6:44 PM
You could watch the trailers on youtube and they will show all the stuff one after the other, slowly accelerating though.
Instructor
#3 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 7:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kristin76
And I have up to Apartment Life ... what disc would I play with or does it tell you at start up?

If you get the M&G stuff pack, you'll have to use the disc from that to play, but for any other stuff pack you can just keep using the AL disc.

Call me Abi if you want, it's easier to type than my username!
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 7:18 PM
I thought with Family Fun, you had to use the disk for that. And maybe Celebrations. Can't remember now. Anyway, if you have a later EP, you use that instead - latest EP you have, but including M&G which was the last game engine tweak.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#5 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 7:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I thought with Family Fun, you had to use the disk for that. And maybe Celebrations. Can't remember now. Anyway, if you have a later EP, you use that instead - latest EP you have, but including M&G which was the last game engine tweak.

Well, the OP has Apartment Life, which is the last EP and nothing came after it except for M&G, so exactly like a_az13_a said:

Quote: Originally posted by a_az13_a
If you get the M&G stuff pack, you'll have to use the disc from that to play, but for any other stuff pack you can just keep using the AL disc.

This. I own all EP:s and SP:s but don't have M&G installed, so I use the AL disc.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 8:32 PM
I was mostly thinking about Ikea SP, Kitchen and Bath, or M&G. I just wasnt sure about M&G since I have read here that it changs the game or something of that nature and you would have to use that disc but I can't remember if AL came before M&G or vice versa.
Theorist
#7 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 9:25 PM
The only things M&Gs adds is some animations and other tweaks, it's more than an ordinary stuff pack but still less than a EP. I wouldn't worry about it, I have it and I adore the stuff from that ep - IKEA and Kitchen&Bath stuff are also two of my favourite SPs too! They add tonnes of items to the game which I use almost every time I decorate AL came before M&G as M&G is the DVD I use to play.

BodyShopped /// ShoofleedSims
♦ // Jack.exe // ♦
/
Field Researcher
#8 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 9:26 PM
The EA site shows pictures of the items from each stuff pack. Some of the pages are missing a lot of items though. Also, they seem to have deleted the links to the pages. To find them, go to http://thesims2.ea.com/about/sp1_renders.php Then, change the number after sp to see each of the packs. 1, 2 and 4-9 work. 3 doesn’t work for some reason. I guess because it is the holiday pack, since there is no page for that.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#9 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 9:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zumppe
Well, the OP has Apartment Life, which is the last EP and nothing came after it except for M&G, so exactly like a_az13_a said.

I was thinking more of the people who read these threads for information - partial information is not useful.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#10 Old 4th Sep 2012 at 11:57 PM
I just got University Life, which came with IKEA and Teen Style. Teen Style was okay, but IKEA is great! The furniture is more modern and realistic (as well as cheap). I can use my Apartment Life disc to play the game, so... yeah.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#11 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 12:16 AM Last edited by Simonut : 5th Sep 2012 at 2:59 AM. Reason: typo
When you put your disc into your computer to play your sims game it will tell you right away if you have the" right disc" or not to start your game. It will tell you which one you need to start up your game.
I like Glamous Life Stuff it came with some great modern furnitures ( beds, sterero , mirrors, lighting, armoire, book shelves,dining tables & chairs, dresser, computer desk, art pictures, sculptures water fountain and fun glamous clothes like fur coats etc.

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#12 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:18 AM
Thank you all for your input! It really helps!
Theorist
#13 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 12:04 PM
One useful stuffpack is the one dealing with the new year and christmas. I forgot its title, but it enables you to throw new year's bash and summon Santa Claus. I'd pick this stuffpack any day if I could afford only one.
Scholar
#14 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 1:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Babahara
One useful stuffpack is the one dealing with the new year and christmas. I forgot its title, but it enables you to throw new year's bash and summon Santa Claus. I'd pick this stuffpack any day if I could afford only one.

It's Happy Holiday

My favs among Stuff Packs are Glamour Life, Teen Style, Mansion & Garden - these three are awesome for their furniture and theme sets, especially if one doesn't want/have CC; IKEA - love this one and also the fact there are tons of downloadable RCs for its furniture, endless options of decorating the living place for Simmies (thanks to all creators for recolors ); Kitchen & Bath - really HQ sets in this one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#15 Old 5th Sep 2012 at 3:32 PM
Thanks again for all the input! I just bought the Mansion and Garden, Ikea and Kitchen and Bath ones ... I think those three will give me plenty of choices now in which to decorate with!