Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 13th May 2017 at 8:06 PM
Default Roof sticking into rooms?
I'm building a mansion for my evil vampire and I'm having a weird problem when I try to put a little mini-roof over the sort of porch area. The back end of the roof is projecting into the room behind it. If I move it forward at all, it ends up with a gap between the roof and the building but otherwise, it's inside some? See?
https://flic.kr/p/UH4jfW
I was also having an issue where I had cornices on the house between the first and second floor and they were coming inside too. (but if I deleted it, it took it off the outside as well and where painting all the interior rooms inside here at once resulted in massive chunks of the outside being painted the same way as well but for those I just deleted all the cornices and painted by manually dragging them so it's annoying but not unsolvable.

Edit Note: I had the flickr link in img tags but it just made it disappear, is that not how they work here?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cyanidearsenic
I'm building a mansion for my evil vampire and I'm having a weird problem when I try to put a little mini-roof over the sort of porch area. The back end of the roof is projecting into the room behind it. If I move it forward at all, it ends up with a gap between the roof and the building but otherwise, it's inside some? See?
I was also having an issue where I had cornices on the house between the first and second floor and they were coming inside too. (but if I deleted it, it took it off the outside as well and where painting all the interior rooms inside here at once resulted in massive chunks of the outside being painted the same way as well but for those I just deleted all the cornices and painted by manually dragging them so it's annoying but not unsolvable.

Edit Note: I had the flickr link in img tags but it just made it disappear, is that not how they work here?

maybe make the roof smaller, mine does that when its too big.

Edit: make the roof width smaller on the back or you moveobjects on.
Test Subject
#3 Old 5th Jun 2017 at 11:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by cyanidearsenic

It's something The Sims 4 does that we can't do anything about. Normally, the game will make any bits of roof disappear if it overlaps with a room, like you see when normally building a house. However, if one "wall" of a room is replaced with a fence, it doesn't remove the overlapping bits anymore, and thus the roof sticks into the room (presumably because the game then thinks this room is "outside" where it is not necessary to remove overlapping roof elements). It's been this way since the game was released and I'm afraid it'll remain this way. It's really annoying, and the only workaround would be to have any roof that might overlap be next to a room that has only walls, no fences.