Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 6:46 PM
Default Mansion & Garden without AL - question on game effects
I recently installed the M&G stuff pack, which I have read is something of a mini-EP in that it includes new behaviors and things. I do NOT have AL and so I definitely saw some new things right away, such as odd additional things to study at the bookcase, plus a "silent mode" on the phone, stuff like that. I was able to find more info on those things online, finally, after a good deal of searching. (If there's something else I've majorly missed, feel free to contribute. I have all the EPs and stuff packs up through Freetime and K&B, and now M&G but will not have AL for personal reasons.)

My real question is how does M&G affect the game when it comes to internal behaviors, code, etc.? I took out all my hacks and hacked objects (have tested it with general CC like walls and clothing and that seems to have no issues), and have been putting them back in one or two at a time to test to see how they work (I have a lot of them so that will take a while). (I am aware this isn't the place for CC help--if this question is too much in that realm, I apologize for locating it improperly and beg it to be moved.) What I'm wondering is what parts of the game engine are now AL, since I think that M&G was released after AL, and so includes some of AL actions and engine and all. Obviously the phone is affected with the new menu option, and obviously the bookcases are affected as well. Anything else I'm missing? Some idea of what was affected might help me know which will NOT work straight off and what I'll have to be looking for updated hacks for, since I know some of the hacks I use might not mark whether it's compatible for M&G, only the EPs, and this mini-EP status is proving to be a bit confusing as few creators actually mark which version of a hack to get if you only have that and not AL.
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 7:22 PM
In terms of hacks/mods you will need hacks/mods updated to AL/EP8. Anything that is compatible for AL should be compatible for M&G - the only new interactions/changes made were the Slide Down the Banister Option for teens, Stop and Smell the Flowers, and the No Shade Eyes Salute as well as a new want to Buy Green Energy Source. The only thing I can think of that you would truly have to update if you are running it would be SimPE which was patched to accommodate the new interactions and you can download that at the SimPE site.
#3 Old 23rd Nov 2009 at 7:53 PM
I`ve read in another thread that both AL and M&G add the ability for Toddlers to sleep in Pets dog-beds, but that M&G doesn`t animate the action properly without AL also present. Is this the kind of information you wanted?

This Space Intentionally Left Blank
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 24th Nov 2009 at 7:33 AM Last edited by Doranwen : 25th Nov 2009 at 8:48 PM.
All of that is helpful to me. Thank you for sharing! I've been having a devil of a time just finding extensive info on M&G, so all these tidbits are really helpful. It's going to be a long testing process anyways (I rely on a good deal of hacks to smooth things around and now that I have to play without most of them, am finding just why I really like some of them so much, lol).

As for the pet bed sleeping for toddlers, that oughta be interesting to see how it works (or doesn't). I'll have to play a house with both toddlers and pets and see what happens there.

Edit: Ultimately I'm going to go back to just FreeTime. It appears that M&G without AL is a very tricky configuration to work with, and hacks don't work properly. I had major trouble with a set that should've worked fine if I had actually had AL to begin with, and finally decided to just go back to the configuration I was happy with. Thanks for the help.