Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 31st May 2010 at 6:47 AM
Default Solar panels?
Ok. never used them before and my Google-fu seems to fail me... When I installed a few solar panels for the family I'm currently playing, the next bill day they've got NO BILL and a pop-up that they were refunded §140 for being green... (prior to that bills were §250 or so.)

Is no bill part a bug or you can indeed go into energy business? :D
Advertisement
transmogrified
retired moderator
#2 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:08 AM
Yes, you can eliminate your bills with sufficient panels. I didn't realize you could actually build up credit, but that's a great new home business.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 31st May 2010 at 8:48 AM
Thanks! It's definitely something worth exploring, though I'm not sure this is really that profitable. If I'm not mistaken and if there aren't some err... surprises like refunds deteriorating over time or too much panels eventually resulting in something bad, each panel should pay for itself in 4-5 weeks.
Field Researcher
#4 Old 31st May 2010 at 9:20 PM
I got money back the other day on one of my houses. I guess fulfilling the 'buy green energy source' pays off.
Instructor
#5 Old 1st Jun 2010 at 12:31 AM
Yep. All my families have solar panels on their houses as soon as they can afford them. I've never seen any sort of adverse effects to having them.

Of course the more crap your Sim owns, the less likely they are to get a refund.

Count no Sim lucky until he is dead.