Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 9:34 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Possible or not?
I've recently been thinking about transitioning my past saves prior to Sims 2 UC however wondering a bit I came to conclusion that as nice as UC is I don't want university with it as never liked it. So my question is, is it possible to remove an expansion pack from Ultimate Collection?
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 10:04 AM
I'm not sure if it's possible to uninstall an expansion from UC, but I do know that you could essentially remove university by installing a few mods like these that remove the bad memory of not going to college and also by not creating a university subhood in the first place. I think if you already have a uni subhood and you delete your university neighborhood now, that might corrupt your game due to deleting a whole bunch of Sims (not sure though).
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#3 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 5:33 PM
I think University is set up so that if you add at least one uni sub-hood, you cannot delete it. In other words, if your neighbourhood has a university sub-hood you can't get rid of it and always have to have one. If you have two university sub-hoods you can delete one. The only way to have none is never to add one in the first place. At least, that's how I remember it. It changed with the later EPs that added sub-hoods.

OTOH, deleting sub-hoods with residents is generally not a problem since the game just moves them all out to the sim bin. However, it is a problem if you have gravestones on any lot.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Field Researcher
#4 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by PanAm
I've recently been thinking about transitioning my past saves prior to Sims 2 UC however wondering a bit I came to conclusion that as nice as UC is I don't want university with it as never liked it. So my question is, is it possible to remove an expansion pack from Ultimate Collection?

As there is only one uninstaller for UC you can't (easily) uninstall a particular EP. What is it in University you don't like?
BTW There is only one program-file in UC, SP9.exe.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 2:37 PM
Don't really know how to explain but I always disliked the expansion pack. I might just try to avoid it. Thank you for your help!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 8:35 PM
This is more than easy to "avoid" Uni. Just don't send your teens to college, and you are done.
But, because you have Uni, you get cell phones, because you can add the cellphone distributive machine on any of your community lots, I am not sure if you get new clothing for Adults too, or just for Young asults, but..you could do like i did, and enable them all for adults too, since both ages share the exact same body.
You get new furniture etc....so yes. Just don't send sims to college, and you won't even notice you have Uni installed.

Je mange des girafes et je parle aussi français !...surtout :0)

Find all my old MTS Uploads, on my SFS, And all new uploads Here . :)
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 23rd Nov 2014 at 9:25 PM
There might be items that you actually like from uni even if you never play sims at uni so I would not right it off just because you don't like playing through the uni part of it. There are many ways to make playing uni more enjoyable such as shortening the time, or using Squinge's college pack and having young adults who don't actually go to uni but have time to do whatever or you can put in no memory uneducated so your sims stop crying about it and ignore the uni part altogether. Mobile phones, drums and other things come with the uni ep.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#8 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 7:33 AM
You don't like Uni? There are people who don't like Uni? You don't like stuffing your teenage sims into a dorm and have them play in a band? (Okay, I accept that). Just don't send them, it's the easiest option, as Jo and Rosebine said - and I'd like to add that, even if you don't have Uni, your teenagers will still roll that want. (That's why I rushed to the store to get my hands on Uni years ago in the first place )
Mad Poster
#9 Old 24th Nov 2014 at 1:25 PM
Oh yes..the musical instruments! How can one go without?

Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rosebine
This is more than easy to "avoid" Uni. Just don't send your teens to college, and you are done.
But, because you have Uni, you get cell phones, because you can add the cellphone distributive machine on any of your community lots, I am not sure if you get new clothing for Adults too, or just for Young asults, but..you could do like i did, and enable them all for adults too, since both ages share the exact same body.
You get new furniture etc....so yes. Just don't send sims to college, and you won't even notice you have Uni installed.

How did you do this? I'm looking for a mod to let adults have college student clothes and college students have adult clothes!
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#11 Old 26th Nov 2014 at 9:30 PM
I just answered the question on your wcif thread.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#12 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Pideli
How did you do this? I'm looking for a mod to let adults have college student clothes and college students have adult clothes!

By editing what ages they belong to.
40 is young adult, 8 is adult. so if you change to 48..then both ages can wear it.

Mad Poster
#13 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:30 AM
There are mods that will stop the uni wants from showing, so avoiding having to send teens to uni is quite easy. Don't add the subhood, use the mods, and your teens won't even know university is a thing.

You can also make uni go faster, or use uni as a skilling opportunity. Some of the uni clothing and hairs are fairly decent (like the fauxhawk), and I'm pretty sure there's some nice furniture as well. There are also some nice-looking sims in the uni hood. One of my first sims families was made up from two of the playables in one of the neighborhoods, and they lasted for at least 4-5 generations.
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#14 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:54 AM
I think Pideli means a hack that makes all the EAxis clothing available to both age stages. There's one knocking around somewhere and it's probably that Jo has linked to.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#15 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 1:58 AM
Well, there might be a mod somewhere, but this mod would just be exactly what it is. Extracting every piece of clothing..hair, etc that are both compatible aka: possibly used by YA-A and then edit the property set in every one of them. Time consuming.
Jo didn't post a link, but another how to, just as i did.

Top Secret Researcher
#16 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 6:48 PM
Thanks
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#17 Old 27th Nov 2014 at 7:50 PM
Jo posted on changing the property set but would much prefer a hack if one is available as Jo does love her some hacks. Also she talks in first person when her daughter wakes her at 5am because a cockroach ran over her. Such a great start to the day.

~Call me Jo~
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#18 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:26 AM
I think you meant third person there. :D

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#19 Old 28th Nov 2014 at 1:33 AM
Lol yes, early starts don't suit me.

~Call me Jo~